Östersunds FK (A) | Europa League R32 | Thu 15 Feb 18:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Östersunds FK (A) | Europa League R32 | Thu 15 Feb 18:00

Post by SteveO 35 »

Unlike some others here I do care about this result. If we go out of this then the season ends with the Carabao Cup final.

Personally I'd prefer that there wasn't a Champions League place up for grabs for winning it, because we are nowhere near a Champions League team right now and it would be the ultimate get of jail card for Shit for Brains. However, football is all about days for the fans.....as I get older I realise it more and more, where as in the past I just took it for granted

Fuck Wenger and what the consequences are for him (none by the way, win lose or draw) - just go and win this cup for the fans

We won't of course because even if we beat these no marks somewhere down the line comes a Dortmund, Milan or Atletico to outplay and outthink the dinosaur in charge

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:33 pm
...somewhere down the line comes a Dortmund, Milan or Atletico to outplay and outthink the dinosaur in charge
Milan and Atletico will be dangerous. Milan like Arsenal no prospect of making the Champions League and Atletico are nailed on for 2nd in Spain so have little else to play for. Won't be as easy as it was for united last season.

(Just watching Astana who have a player called Sh!tov, no joke!)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
...somewhere down the line comes a Dortmund, Milan or Atletico to outplay and outthink the dinosaur in charge
Milan and Atletico will be dangerous. Milan like Arsenal no prospect of making the Champions League and Atletico are nailed on for 2nd in Spain so have little else to play for. Won't be as easy as it was for united last season.

lets get past the swedish village team first :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Unlike some others here I do care about this result. If we go out of this then the season ends with the Carabao Cup final.

Personally I'd prefer that there wasn't a Champions League place up for grabs for winning it, because we are nowhere near a Champions League team right now and it would be the ultimate get of jail card for Shit for Brains. However, football is all about days for the fans.....as I get older I realise it more and more, where as in the past I just took it for granted

Fuck Wenger and what the consequences are for him (none by the way, win lose or draw) - just go and win this cup for the fans

We won't of course because even if we beat these no marks somewhere down the line comes a Dortmund, Milan or Atletico to outplay and outthink the dinosaur in charge
You know something SteveO? You are right. Yeah I know - you never thought anyone would write that huh? :wink:

I used to always think this way about games. Just enjoy the game... enjoy the result. That's how I survived big chunks of the the 70s 80s and 90S as a Gooner.... but Wenger and tippy tippy have all but killed my enjoyment of The Arsenal.

Fuck him. Fuck the AKB. I'm gonna watch it and enjoy it.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I honestly want us to win this European trophy.

Ostersunds, while obviously not near the caliber we SHOULD be playing with, are in the knockout round for a reason. I think part of that reason, however great or small, is that the teams that they have come up against have seriously underestimated them and shown them no respect. We can't do that tonight. I know that we take them back to the Emirates next week but tonight we should kill the tie. We need to go out there with the same level of intensity as if we are playing Bayern or Barca (and lose 10-2 on agg :lol: ) and play our game.

I'm disappointed that we go into the heavy stage of this competition without a real striker, given the RIDICULOUS rule regarding Aubameyang and Lacazette's layoff (I don't subscribe to the notion Lacazette is shit, I think he is suffering from first season adjustment and a total whitewash of confidence given that he was dropped against the big teams at the start of the season (Liverpool, City etc) and the fact he is always hauled off after 60 mins when he does start. Not to mention he went from being the starting striker and record fee player to being replaced and having that record broke within six months.) Will Welbeck step up? No. Will we in the EL with just Danny Welbeck and Eddie Nketiah leading the line? I highly doubt it. Here's hoping for a Nketiah winner in the EL final :barscarf:.

We have to go out there tonight, show these guys some respect and play our game. I'm hoping we go out and get four tonight, although I don't see it.

1-2 Arsenal.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:08 pm
arrgee wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

lets get past the swedish village team first :lol:
Fuck em Rob. I'm going with 5-0 to The Arsenal. :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The Swedish league finished in October so this lot haven't had a competitive game since December 7th when they played the last group game in this competition :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:51 pm
The Swedish league finished in October so this lot haven't had a competitive game since December 7th when they played the last group game in this competition :shock:
OK. 2 all draw then.

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh and if we are shit and the game is shit I'm renaming the crunt thread in honour of SteveO.... :D

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:
It's alright, ours finished in September! :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:56 pm
rodders999 wrote:
It's alright, ours finished in September! :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol:

The Swiss Turd isn’t playing :barscarf:

Iwobi is playing :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Agree with SteveO and DB10, fuck the romanticism and fatalism, fucking smash the minnows into the ground please!!

COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Mustafi :coffeespit:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm
Mustafi :coffeespit:
CB my arse :banghead: