Östersunds FK (A) | Europa League R32 | Thu 15 Feb 18:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Östersunds FK (A) | Europa League R32 | Thu 15 Feb 18:00

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:50 pm
Are you watching?
Are you watching?
Are you watching Helmet Head?
Are you watching Helmet Head?

:barscarf:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:51 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:38 pm
Is it just me or does their manager look like a young Kwai Chang Caine (from the Kung Fu series)? :?

Just you 8)
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I honestly believe Danny Welbeck has an inner ear issue because the fucker has absolutely no balance.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

This lot are an absolute pub side - total gash with a keeper who somehow looks worse than Cech!

Didn't really find it an enjoyable watch to be honest despite the scoreline. Welbeck and Iwobi really are utter turds aren't they? Fuck me just play Nketiah......I'd rather watch someone who 'might be' given a chance over a 'never will be'.

Fair play to Ozil - this could have been one of those where he did fuck all but he was head and shoulders over everything else on the field, which was just as well because Mikiwotsit and Iwobi couldn't wait to give the ball away at every opportunity

Nice to see Ospina save the spot kick and make one excellent save in the first half. Still he could save 5 penalties in a match and 10 world class saves and SFB would still restore Helmet Head to the league team regardless

We're as good as through and I'm hoping for a European tie that we can actually fucking reach with a respectable journey. Fair play to all the lads who made it out there tonight, great effort

Midz

Post by Midz »

Oh whoopee - we beat a poor team from the Swedish league. Apologies for not having too much enthusiasm.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Good job done, means we should be able to rest players in the second leg so they're ready for the cup final.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I thought we were playing Real Madrid when I saw their strip. Soon realized we weren't after the second goal went in. In the end they had more shots than we did. It's a worry when you realize 'Danny Boy' is our main striker for this comp. That's until our welsh striker comes back !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Must say I thought I'd give more of a fuck about this once the knockout stuff started but I know we're not going to win it and I'm just waiting for the inevitable schooling once we play someone decent. We're shit. Too shit even for this competition.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Dreadful game against a dreadful team, too easy at times and yet we gave them a few chances..I thought Arsenal had a reasonable chance in this competition but I now think it will be another European humbling when we meet someone decent...
Sat through it wondering what the fuck it was all about.. wondering why after the third goal Le Tool wouldn't get Nkeiath and Nelson on in pace of just about anybody? 83 minutes before they were introduced..Wenger really mustn't rate them that highly after all.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What the fuck was Ospina doing? SAVING a penno? Flash bastard. :roll:

How come our first choice keeper Kryten can't save a penno?

Anyway it was a bit gash.... not the worst game I've seen though.... but tbh the minute we meet an even half decent side we are out. We have no striker worth the name available and defensively we are absolutely vagina. :|

Oh and our manager is fucking shit too! :| But you knew that. :wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

NickF wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:08 pm
Good job done, means we should be able to rest players in the second leg so they're ready for the cup final.
Rest? Blimey, I don't think we're playing enough games to warrant rest! :lol:

Anyway, i'd say rest is the last thing our players need; we need to build momentum.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

If he had bought Nketiah on earlier he might have just fought for a place scored a goal or two and upset Welbecxk's place in the order of things.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The match was like a poor training session. The players looked like they switched off after going 2-0 up. There was no intensity from either team.
Didn't see anything wrong with M-N performance in the midfield. Don't understand why he's getting slated? Reminds me of a young Carrick rather than Vieira.
Could've done with a fourth goal.
There's some good teams in this competition. Athletic Madrid, Dortmund, Milan, Lyon, Zenit, Napoli, Sporting Lisbon all with Champions League pedigree so after this round the competition will pick up.
It was like the Sutton game last year where we done enough without embarrassing the hosts.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:28 am
Dreadful game against a dreadful team, too easy at times and yet we gave them a few chances..I thought Arsenal had a reasonable chance in this competition but I now think it will be another European humbling when we meet someone decent...
Sat through it wondering what the fuck it was all about.. wondering why after the third goal Le Tool wouldn't get Nkeiath and Nelson on in pace of just about anybody? 83 minutes before they were introduced..Wenger really mustn't rate them that highly after all.

Agree 100% 8)

I dont know which was worse ........ watching the first 20 minutes when they were abysmal and scared shitless, or watching the next 25 minutes when they came at us and made us look bang average :oops: I played centre back for most of my years playing footie and my two sons also play centre back, and I always keep emphasising to them the importance of centre backs winning the aerial balls launched down at them - then they watch an AFC game and look at mustafi and think wtf is going on here ? :? What is it with the c.unt that he simply cannot or does not win those high balls launched from the opposition keeper or defenders ? It isnt simply a case of heading the ball back towards their half of the pitch, it is also a mentality issue where the centre forward knows that the centre back is going to bully him and make him his bitch for the day - within 5 minutes any half intelligent centre forward knows that mustafi either wont challenge for those aerial balls, or does challenge and whines like a pussy when he doesnt get a free kick :roll: :oops: :oops:

Tbh I turned over and watched the last 30 minutes or so of the dortmund game and that was a cracker - fair play to atalanta cos they played really well, and tbh it raised serious doubts in my mind about dortmunds ability to beat us later in the comp (IF they get through). The chavski reject scored two great goals, but apart from them he looked an average selfish player. I think that it also needs to be said that dortmund have a turkish centre back (signed from leverkusen in the summer) and he is so shit that he makes mustafi look like paulo maldini :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:41 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:28 am

Agree 100% 8)

I dont know which was worse ........ watching the first 20 minutes when they were abysmal and scared shitless, or watching the next 25 minutes when they came at us and made us look bang average :oops: I played centre back for most of my years playing footie and my two sons also play centre back, and I always keep emphasising to them the importance of centre backs winning the aerial balls launched down at them - then they watch an AFC game and look at mustafi and think wtf is going on here ? :? What is it with the c.unt that he simply cannot or does not win those high balls launched from the opposition keeper or defenders ? It isnt simply a case of heading the ball back towards their half of the pitch, it is also a mentality issue where the centre forward knows that the centre back is going to bully him and make him his bitch for the day - within 5 minutes any half intelligent centre forward knows that mustafi either wont challenge for those aerial balls, or does challenge and whines like a pussy when he doesnt get a free kick :roll: :oops: :oops:

Tbh I turned over and watched the last 30 minutes or so of the dortmund game and that was a cracker - fair play to atalanta cos they played really well, and tbh it raised serious doubts in my mind about dortmunds ability to beat us later in the comp (IF they get through). The chavski reject scored two great goals, but apart from them he looked an average selfish player. I think that it also needs to be said that dortmund have a turkish centre back (signed from leverkusen in the summer) and he is so shit that he makes mustafi look like paulo maldini :oops:
Good to see you still know fuck all about football and still confuse height with power and strength. :lol: :wink: And how the fuck did you play CH you are about 5'10" on your tip toes augie ffs. :lol:

Anyway Mustafi reminds me of a CH that has been beasted by a striker and never recovered. I'm 5'8" (or 4'0" if you listen to augietard :wink: ) and I have smashed 6'4" CH's all over the pitch the length and breadth of Dublin. It's all about asserting dominance and showing them you are willing to get badly injured just to injure them if they want to get into it with you. If you go into that first tackle 100% and don't flinch you own most crunts for the rest of the game. 90% of players at all levels don't have the stomach for that. As is ably demonstrated by so many Arsenal players since about 2007.

It used to be a man's game. It's now played by vaginas. :oops: :roll: