Hector v AFTV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Basil is a Gooner

Hector v AFTV

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Nos89

Re: Hector v AFTV

Post by Nos89 »

Profiting from failure.

Whose failure is that then Hector?

I don't watch Arsenal Fan TV. It does only get highlighted in the mainstream media when Arsenal lose. Maybe, players should watch it when they've played against Tottenham so they can understand what that match means to the supporter's. They may try harder next time.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fuck off Bellerin. Who the fuck do you think you are? Typical modern precious player who thinks that he's somehow bigger and better than 'normal people. Shut the fuck up, learn to cross the ball and track runners, then things might get better. Honestly, fuck off if you can't take criticism. Pathetic shit from an average player who's achieved nothing in the game.

MrT

Post by MrT »

How this useless floppy haired tosser wasn't sold last summer is the biggest mystery of all time.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I kind of agree and disagree with what he is saying. They are profiting from Arsenals failure in major comps, all you have to do is look at views after a major loss. They also promote Ladbrokes as an affiliate, whilst I don't mind the principle of a fan channel to say they do not do very well out of Arsenals failures in recent years is a lie.

The way he said it, however, is shocking and disrespectful to any fan that's exhibited a negative opinion on the internet. We pay their wages, he would do well to understand that.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The ass kissing, scared to offend, obsequious reply was almost as offensive of Bellerin's outburst. Turned it off after 5 minutes. AFTV should be telling this overpaid jumped up "footballer" exactly where to get off not issue an ass covering response.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I don't particularly like AFTV, but i also laugh at him suggesting they profit from the club's failures, when he has been part of an era, in which our results are a joke(and he has been rewarded handsomely) and judging by him on social media, he doesn't give a fuck. This interview took place at Oxford, and as far as i'm concerned, he is not at the level of performance, to be shooting his mouth off at events. Is he the best RB in the league(not close), is he even in the top 5(not close), he can't even cross a ball, maybe try getting to the top of the game, before making judgments on anyone or anything else. He is just another example of an entitled asshole, being protected by wanker, and i can't wait for the day he leaves.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:40 pm
The ass kissing, scared to offend, obsequious reply was almost as offensive of Bellerin's outburst. Turned it off after 5 minutes. AFTV should be telling this overpaid jumped up "footballer" exactly where to get off not issue an ass covering response.

Dt's criticism of the recent planned protest should tell you everything you need to know about those spineless c.unts - all mouth and no action, and have no problem bending over rather than offend the club or it's dickhead players :roll:
There are a lot of things about the modern world that I would change/get rid of, and social media would be at the top of that list - braindead gobshites giving "fame" to attention seeking w*nkers, sums up everything that is ridiculous about modern society :roll: :oops:

GTG

Post by GTG »

augie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:10 pm
xisstential wrote:

Dt's criticism of the recent planned protest should tell you everything you need to know about those spineless c.unts - all mouth and no action, and have no problem bending over rather than offend the club or it's dickhead players :roll:
There are a lot of things about the modern world that I would change/get rid of, and social media would be at the top of that list - braindead gobshites giving "fame" to attention seeking w*nkers, sums up everything that is ridiculous about modern society :roll: :oops:
Agree with you 100% about DT's comments about the timing etc of the last protest. Timing shouldn't make a jot of difference anymore its just an excuse and is pathetic from someone who made sure he was at the front of all the protests last year when the attention was on it.

Without turning this into yet more Wenger bashing.... Bellerins comments highlight just how molly coddled players are under the current regime.... his words could almost have come out of Arsene's mouth. It again highlights distance between the players and the fans. Lets be honest here... Jack aside I don't really feel any relation to the current squad and even he has pissed me off the years not looking after himself properly. I remember when I first started going to the Arsenal when the players came out for the second half the clock end would serenade the entire back 5 from Seaman to Winterburn and they would always wave back at us. A really simple thing but it made a hell of an impression on me as a young lad.

I know times have changed but certain clubs always try to keep that connection and quite often the managers will make sure the players respond to the supporters.

I felt sorry for Bellerin at Palace last season because he really got it in the neck that night but he can fuck himself now.

augie

Post by augie »

GTG wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:29 pm
augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Agree with you 100% about DT's comments about the timing etc of the last protest. Timing shouldn't make a jot of difference anymore its just an excuse and is pathetic from someone who made sure he was at the front of all the protests last year when the attention was on it.

Without turning this into yet more Wenger bashing.... Bellerins comments highlight just how molly coddled players are under the current regime.... his words could almost have come out of Arsene's mouth. It again highlights distance between the players and the fans. Lets be honest here... Jack aside I don't really feel any relation to the current squad and even he has pissed me off the years not looking after himself properly. I remember when I first started going to the Arsenal when the players came out for the second half the clock end would serenade the entire back 5 from Seaman to Winterburn and they would always wave back at us. A really simple thing but it made a hell of an impression on me as a young lad.

I know times have changed but certain clubs always try to keep that connection and quite often the managers will make sure the players respond to the supporters.

I felt sorry for Bellerin at Palace last season because he really got it in the neck that night but he can fuck himself now.

It's funny cos I was making that exact point to one of my sons a few days ago - I pointed to other clubs and the way their young fans are able to get autographs and photos and interact with their idols when they get off the team bus to go into the stadiums, and I contrasted that to our set up that see's the team bus go into the underground stadium car park and cut off all contact with the fans. It's been my experience that fans (young and old) are more patient/tolerant/understanding of players that they have met and have interacted with, but our club only want sanitised contact that they control, and all that does is create a divide where fans dont see players that they can identify with. I would say that jack wilshere would still be a popular player with the fans - when I look at him I see a regular guy busting a gut every single game and a guy that enjoys some social life, and whether that social life is right or wrong, the fans can still identify with him more than the rest of the privileged c.unts :evil: When you see how much these w*nkers are paid nowadays, then I think that the fans at the least should see some appreciation and respect

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
There are a lot of things about the modern world that I would change/get rid of, and social media would be at the top of that list
Totally agree as I wouldn't have to read some of the shite that gets posted on here. :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Who the fuck is Hector Bellerin to talk about what real fans are?

And what the fuck is he doing at the fucking Oxford Union? Get on the training ground and learn to cross a ball you fucking long haired berk!

I am not a fan of the AFTV thing but I do think fans should have more of a voice in the game. With AFTV its just a pity they've gone down the road of creating the mini attentions seeking celebrity by talking to the same faces every week. The idea of a fan channel isn't a bad one if it was done differently though. And these guys travel to every game so to say they are not real fans is laughable!

The worst thing about this (except Bellerin' trying to look like the 4th musketeer) is the attitude of modern players. To say you would listen to the coach but not the fans is one of the things that is wrong with modern footballers.

Is Bellerin saying fans do not know the game? Some know more than others but its not that fcuking difficult to see when a player or team is playing shit every week is it?

Average, overpaid cunnts like Bellerin live in luxury because the fans put money into football. The coaches he rates so highly are paid from the same money. Take away the paying fans and they'll all have to work for a living like the rest of us.

Wenger shows utter contempt for fans and its clearly rubbing off on his players. How do they see our role? Are we just meant to pay up and then sit there clapping like fucking seals as Hector fucking Bellerin runs up and down the touchline contributing precisely fuck all for the umpteenth game running?

If Bellerin would rather listen to a clueless old fucker like Wenger than long-standing fans that have followed the club all over the country and all around europe then maybe that explains why he is so fucking dreadful.

Too many people in football try to please the wrong people and they forger that what they are really there for is to please (and respect) the fans.
"Football is nothing without fans."
Jock Stein

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

"Profiting from failure"? The fucking irony of a modern Arsenal player saying that is astonishing. :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 pm
"Profiting from failure"? The fucking irony of a modern Arsenal player saying that is astonishing. :lol:
haha yeah :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Clash wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:08 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 pm
haha yeah :lol:
absolutely agree

while I believe AFTV is fucking embarrassing and has become a source of so many clickbait tabloid headlines courtesy of the sun and mirror "Arsenal fan's UNBELIEVABLE rant" etc, it's not his place to comment on fans who travel thousands of miles to support him and the club.

would really respect our players a bit more if they did less talking , at least until we're in a better place as a club and they're performing at a remotely acceptable level for a club of our ambitions. whats also interesting is he says as a player he would give no heed to what aftv say, yet he tells us what a real supporter is or isn't, as if we care what his opinion on the matter is?

for what its worth, he got a lot of stick last season (especially after palace away) and it seemed to be a lot of the pro wengerites that used the players poor performances as a deflection to spare wenger the blame last season, bellerin being the target against palace (you're not fit to wear the shirt) and i thought he was being scapegoated and i felt sorry for him. ironically i'd imagine his bitterness over that is being taken out on aftv, which i don't think is right.