Hector v AFTV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kvltman

Re: Hector v AFTV

Post by Kvltman »

Hector, if by some chance you are reading this, please note:

You are no Lee Dixon.

You are no Ralph.

You aren’t even a Sagna.

To criticise the fans is not a good idea.

Get better at crossing and defending.

Yours,

Lifelong Arsenal supporter who was here before you and will be here long after you.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Kvltman wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:07 pm
Hector, if by some chance you are reading this, please note:

You are no Lee Dixon.

You are no Ralph.

You aren’t even a Sagna.

To criticise the fans is not a good idea.

Get better at crossing and defending.

Yours,

Lifelong Arsenal supporter who was here before you and will be here long after you.
I’ll second that. Hector, if you are reading this, over 40 years since my first game, take my advice son and do your talking on the pitch

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

someone said earlier jaunts around London like little Lord Fauntleroy :D

this is what you got someone who is not a Londoner just a paid mercenary totally detached from the fans......living in a bubble

personally think the bloke is a poor defender, scared to take people on....always takes the easy option

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

It's what happens when men acquire a lot of money and status without really ever having to work for it. That sense of arrogance and detachment of a modern-day footballer.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:01 pm
It's what happens when men acquire a lot of money and status without really ever having to work for it. That sense of arrogance and detachment of a modern-day footballer.
I absolutely agree with you. I will however play Devil's advocate and suggest that this is the result of Wanker's brainwashing methods, the Furher telling his SS not to trust outsiders.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yup! He's also one of wenger's little protege's and has been pampered - like 99% of modern players - they wouldn't know the truth if it gave em a whoops upside the head...arrogant little prick..too much money not enough sense.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

I reckon Robbie fom AFTV has too watch his Ps&QS so his answer was kind of expected. As for Bellerin he has been turned into some poncey foppy “fashion” model. Fuck off!! So up their own arses, a lot of these modern players. They treat their job like a hobby, that pays them a fortune, and then got the balls to criticise those who moan because they are shit at those jobs. Yes aftv winds up people, but i do get it, apart from that fool Ty, and you cannot fault their commitment. So for me Bellerin can knuckle down, come down of his cloud, with its Wenger fluffed pillow, accept criticism, and try and prove that he is a half decent player. Or Fuck off!! : :censored: barscarf:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I think that Hector was obviously offended by some of the comments on AFTV. There is no doubt in my mind that players do watch it. Maybe not religiously, but they do. These guys have all the time in the world and are probably involved on social media, etc, so if they aren't attached, I am sure that they see these things from time to time. I have heard some freely admit to watching MOTD and if he is admitting to it coming up on his timeline, then he is searching for these sort of things. To say that these comments don't have an effect is a bunch of bollocks. His comment about them not being real fans suggests to me that he wasn't happy about what he heard from the channel.

The fact that the fans are negative is a reflection of the club and its results and not the other way around. Of course, I would hardly expect a 22 year old to be able to grasp that.

However, despite all of that, he'd be an excellent right-back if he was coached properly. The fact that there are big clubs in the world who want to sign him demonstrates that.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Anyone who rips into the embarrassment that is AFTV is good in my book.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

It's what happens when men acquire a lot of money and status without really ever having to work for it.
Is that aimed at Robbie or Bellerin :wink:

Does he expect false praise for playing badly ?
Does he expect the fans to be happy with stagnation and regression ?
Are they all in la la Wenger land where every defeat is excused away as unlucky, bad ref’s, conspiracy’s against us etc, etc to such an extent that they actually believe it ?

We are nowhere near solid enough defensively - Bellerin is part of the defence, so partly to blame, all the defence and keeper look like they have no cohesion, yet game after game, month after month, season after season it is not addresses.

I’d take a solid, reliable, good defender, who is prepared to tackle, track back, win ariel duels etc over Bellerin’s pace any day.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DT was spot on about the timing of the last protest - I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. Perhaps it shouldn't be about timing when Shit for Brains has had a decade of under achievement, but we all know that there's such a large percentage of flip floppers and trendy beards swayed by the transfer window......and so it proved, sign Aubameyang and seemingly the WOB is at peace with the world once more. Timing the protest directly after that and at home to Walrus Chops's losers (a manager who has never managed to win at our place) was ridiculous.

I always maintained that once the top 4 had firmly slipped away followed by two dickings by City and the time would be right once more.

DT doesn't disagree with the protests - he's a regular with the banners and does more for the Wenger Out campaign than many and gets us wider coverage. All he said was that the timing was wrong - so what, it was

As for Bellerin - he's gone from being one of the few I liked a couple of years ago to an absolute prize c.unt of the highest order

NickF

Post by NickF »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 pm

I always maintained that once the top 4 had firmly slipped away followed by two dickings by City and the time would be right once more.

DT doesn't disagree with the protests - he's a regular with the banners and does more for the Wenger Out campaign than many and gets us wider coverage. All he said was that the timing was wrong - so what, it was
Nope, we still have a chance of winning the Europa league, so still not a good time to protest.

Just to correct you, DT was a regular with the banners but gave up once we reached the semi-final last season.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

NickF wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Nope, we still have a chance of winning the Europa league, so still not a good time to protest.

Just to correct you, DT was a regular with the banners but gave up once we reached the semi-final last season.
None of the luvvies give two fucks about the Europa League. Two defeats against City will soon have the banners out again. If DT did do that then he isn't a man of his word as he was forever saying that regardless of the FA Cup, he'd be back with the banners if Wenger stayed

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Haven't read the whole story but I get the impression that Hector thinks fans should be as uncaring about failure as the squad and management seem to be.

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

On Hector Bellerin's social media today:

There's some misleading quotes going around. At no point have I criticised Arsenal fan base. I have nothing but respect for all the support we get through ups & downs. I just voiced my opinion about a platform. Guess some people just can't take opinions about themselves🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, in the The Oxford Union talk I spoke about Mental Health, Healthy Life Balance, Racism which Rhian Brewster and many are subjects of in football, and other key society problems. Maybe we should focus on all opening up about these also.