Hector v AFTV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Hector v AFTV

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:20 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:35 pm
This fucking charlatan has been shit for over a year not but is yet another legend in his own mind. Can’t defend, can’t cross a ball and like Sagna in his last two years (except without five brilliant years behind him) he is scared whenever he sees a defender and turns back. Would be third choice right back for other sides in the league.
and yet it wasn't that long ago people were saying he was the best right back in the country and was world class.
Has he just reached his actually level or is it down to poor/non-existent coaching?

Would exactly the same defenders be any better under a different manager?

Ozil is another one, stupid number of assists in his first season and nothing to compare to it since.
I think Ozil is still up there with chances created though - can one of our resident stattos check that please. For an assist stat the shit strikers have to actually score..... :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:34 pm
NickF wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
This fucking charlatan has been shit for over a year not but is yet another legend in his own mind. Can’t defend, can’t cross a ball and like Sagna in his last two years (except without five brilliant years behind him) he is scared whenever he sees a defender and turns back. Would be third choice right back for other sides in the league.
and yet it wasn't that long ago people were saying he was the best right back in the country and was world class.
Has he just reached his actually level or is it down to poor/non-existent coaching?

Ozil is another one, stupid number of assists in his first season and nothing to compare to it since.
I think Ozil is still up there with chances created though - can one of our resident stattos check that please. For an assist stat the shit strikers have to actually score..... :wink:
What about expected goals, surely that means Ozil gets an assist for every expected goal that our forwards messed up ?

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:16 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

What about expected goals, surely that means Ozil gets an assist for every expected goal that our forwards messed up ?

When that senile french c.unt came out with that "expected goals" comment some time back, I felt a new low in embarrassment terms that a manager of MY CLUB could come out with crap like that :oops: :oops: Now the bbc are using it on motd and I still dont understand what the fcuk it even means :? I know that I expected to get sex the other night and I didnt - is it meant to feel like that, cos if so I didnt really enjoy it :wink:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:25 pm

When that senile french c.unt came out with that "expected goals" comment some time back, I felt a new low in embarrassment terms that a manager of MY CLUB could come out with crap like that :oops: :oops: Now the bbc are using it on motd and I still dont understand what the fcuk it even means :? I know that I expected to get sex the other night and I didnt - is it meant to feel like that, cos if so I didnt really enjoy it :wink:
You know that you are at an all time low when even your hand is turning you down :wink: :lol:

Sorry - couldn't resist!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:25 pm
StuartL wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:16 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

What other manager would come out with shit like "expected goals"? :oops:

....and get away with it too. :roll:

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

Just to add more fuel to the fire -
This has started circulating on twitter - Nothing verified and all so take it with a pinch of salt. It does sound like Hector though :rubchin:

https://twitter.com/rsenalfans/status/9 ... 8049786880

Here is the same audio clip cleaned up -

https://clyp.it/mhgdzqzc?token=e3289810 ... c92f9ff4f6

The accent does fall off midway through it but who knows

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:46 pm
This has started circulating on twitter - Nothing verified and all so take it with a pinch of salt. It does sound like Hector though :rubchin:

You do have to laugh at social media, it's fake. What people will do to try and destabilise AFTV. Robbie has made a success of putting out a fan channel for Arsenal fans, and a lot of people don't like him making a living off the back of it.

http://www.24hrsnews.co.uk/2018/02/arse ... v-for.html

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:04 pm
JoshIM2150 wrote:

You do have to laugh at social media, it's fake. What people will do to try and destabilise AFTV. Robbie has made a success of putting out a fan channel for Arsenal fans, and a lot of people don't like him making a living off the back of it.

Can you blame them tho? He makes a living off the back of interviewing the same mongs all the time like ty, and making our support look like an absolute laughing stock. He profits off fans of other clubs tuning in and pissing themselves laughing at us. I despise him and his shitty channel :x

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Not to mention the cringeworthy meeting with gary neville when they kept banging on about clown emojis :roll:

nut flush gooner

CloakedGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:43 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:04 pm
JoshIM2150 wrote:

Can you blame them tho? He makes a living off the back of interviewing the same mongs all the time like ty, and making our support look like an absolute laughing stock. He profits off fans of other clubs tuning in and pissing themselves laughing at us. I despise him and his shitty channel :x
It’s a hobby that turned into a successful business. Every football club has a DT, Claude and TY. A lot of them with the exception of Ty bring up points that either we agree or disagree with. That’s called a debate.

You just sound like someone who is bitter someone is making coinage out of something you love. Before social media, Arsenal where always a club other fans took the piss out of, especially when we played a more defensive style.

That link is bollocks, nothing but sour grapes. A lot of people that build successful businesses on YouTube especially, get trolled. As I said it’s usually by people who didn’t have the balls to do something so obvious themselves.

Bellerin is a cock, all the vids that have been produced either by AFTV, lee or fans of other clubs have been 100% spot in. What is the prick doing talking to university students, half of whom probably prefer rugby and cricket over football. Why doesn’t he sit in front of a more knowledgeable audience, perhaps he will get too much of a hard time.

I am not a AFTV follower, I haven’t even liked their YouTube vids and get annoyed that they are an affiliate of Ladbrokes, but there is a space for what they do. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I enjoy some AFTV from time to time. I don't see why people hate them so much? Yeah he makes a profit from views and has the same 6 guys on there every week, but who cares? Robbie, DT, Troopz etc would all love to see Arsenal back to winning ways like any real fan would. Bellerin is such a pussy along with the majority of the rest of the team, and it all stems from the biggest pussy himself, Wenger.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:20 am
I enjoy some AFTV from time to time. I don't see why people hate them so much? Yeah he makes a profit from views and has the same 6 guys on there every week, but who cares? Robbie, DT, Troopz etc would all love to see Arsenal back to winning ways like any real fan would. Bellerin is such a pussy along with the majority of the rest of the team, and it all stems from the biggest pussy himself, Wenger.

I agree.
None of them will appear on Mastermind any time soon, but they're real fans, follow the team everywhere and are as entitled to their say as anybody.
The same small group do dominate the channel, but there are always a selection of other fans as well.
As for Robbie, he set the whole thing up with his own money and didn't earn a penny for a long time, so if he's now earning a crust, good luck to him.

If it weren't for channels like this, we'd have to listen to the Nevilles, Savages, Shearers etc.

nut flush gooner

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:17 am

I agree.
None of them will appear on Mastermind any time soon, but they're real fans, follow the team everywhere and are as entitled to their say as anybody.
The same small group do dominate the channel, but there are always a selection of other fans as well.
As for Robbie, he set the whole thing up with his own money and didn't earn a penny for a long time, so if he's now earning a crust, good luck to him.

If it weren't for channels like this, we'd have to listen to the Nevilles, Savages, Shearers etc.

Not only did he set up with his own money, in the early days he was utterly skint. He barely had enough petrol money to get to away games. One of the reasons his channel may be more successful than others is the meltdowns, but as I said the channel is watched by hundreds of thousands of Gooners worldwide. We know they exist, just look at the trips to places like Oz and China where they fill stadiums to watch Arsenal friendlies.

So to show some entrepreneurial spirit, doing something you love is frowned upon in this country.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:17 am

I agree.

Fair play to Robbie for spotting an opportunity, plunging in and making it a success - I don’t watch it much, tune in on the odd occasion but it gives “normal fans “ ( and I obviously use that term loosely) a chance to air their views.
It’s no different to the radio phone ins, except you get to see the person making the opinion.
It may be the same regulars but that’s no different to match of the day or any other football discussion show.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

I think he's just reached his true actual level,Ashley Cole,whether you like him or hate him, became one of the best left-backs in the world,and he was under silly bollocks during his Arsenal days,some players will progress regardless of manager,notice how young Hector has fallen off Barcelona's radar now,they know he's average,and without his pace getting him out of trouble he'd be even more average.