Hector v AFTV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Hector v AFTV

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I wonder if we were in a position of challenging for the league each season, getting into the CL final and the fans and AFTV were celebrating the teams performances each week how he'd feel about us all then.

Hypocracy is one of the least noble of human failings but our players and manager have been guilty of it for years, crying out for acclamation on social media etc after good performances and cup wins but cowering away and criticising it when the results go badly and they are under the cosh.

For a recent example pre-NLD a lot of players were on social media giving it large about how we were going to paint North London red again yet after the match all bar Jack disappeared for a good few days, he was the only one who came out immediately and admitted we were poor and apologised for the performance.

augie

Post by augie »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:59 pm
On Hector Bellerin's social media today:

There's some misleading quotes going around. At no point have I criticised Arsenal fan base. I have nothing but respect for all the support we get through ups & downs. I just voiced my opinion about a platform. Guess some people just can't take opinions about themselves🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, in the The Oxford Union talk I spoke about Mental Health, Healthy Life Balance, Racism which Rhian Brewster and many are subjects of in football, and other key society problems. Maybe we should focus on all opening up about these also.

Stupid b*stard just doesnt know when to shut his mouth - he should/could have just left it when he said that he never criticised the Arsenal fanbase, but of course the arrogant pr*ck had to then have another go at them by saying that "some people cant take criticism about themselves" :roll: :censored:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

he's getting adulation from a big portion of our fans for this and he knew it would go down well, hence why he's still going on....

i hope he's this confident on the pitch for the rest of the season, i'll say that

augie

Post by augie »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:49 pm
he's getting adulation from a big portion of our fans for this and he knew it would go down well, hence why he's still going on....

i hope he's this confident on the pitch for the rest of the season, i'll say that

And thats the thing - it is one thing getting adulation from a shit load of spotty teenagers on social media, but when (not if) he turns in his next woeful performance. the fans at the game will be the one's that he has openly slated and that wont be forgotten by them.
I think the comment where he has a go at fans/aftv for "profiting from the teams failures" is gonna be the one that comes back to haunt him, cos there is NO-ONE that is profiting more than these average/shit players :censored: :censored:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

You have to wonder if Bellerin is being deliberately ironic by saying people can't handle criticism following his criticism of the same people criticising. :roll: :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

To me the most salient quote was and I parody it, if my coach tells me I will listen ,anyone else I will ignore.
This just confirms that either the coaching staff or the manager are not talking about his deficiencies or that he is not listening.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:54 pm
To me the most salient quote was and I parody it, if my coach tells me I will listen ,anyone else I will ignore.
This just confirms that either the coaching staff or the manager are not talking about his deficiencies or that he is not listening.
Wenger was quoted as saying something like “ if you talk about mistakes, sometimes it creates bigger problems”

So just ignore fundamental errors that are always being made and they will fix themselves with no nasty finger pointing at individuals aka the Arsenl way, no accountability in the team or for the manager.

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

I agree with Hector, these AFTV muppet do my head in. They're an embarrassment to the club and do it only for their own ego so they got more twitter followers or youtube fans. Other clubs are laughing at us, The Arsenal deserves better.

augie

Post by augie »

Gooner Jim wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:12 pm
I agree with Hector, these AFTV muppet do my head in. They're an embarrassment to the club and do it only for their own ego so they got more twitter followers or youtube fans. Other clubs are laughing at us, The Arsenal deserves better.

Not this Arsenal doesnt - there is nothing classy about modern day Arsenal as witnessed when the club sued a spanish hat shop lady :roll: :oops: :oops:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:44 pm
Gooner Jim wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Not this Arsenal doesnt - there is nothing classy about modern day Arsenal as witnessed when the club sued a spanish hat shop lady :roll: :oops: :oops:
Agreed Augie.

And tried to copy rite the word Gooner, and stop sellers using the old cannon and badge that they deemed not worthy of our shirt.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

augie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:48 pm
GTG wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:29 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:10 pm
xisstential wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:40 pm
The ass kissing, scared to offend, obsequious reply was almost as offensive of Bellerin's outburst. Turned it off after 5 minutes. AFTV should be telling this overpaid jumped up "footballer" exactly where to get off not issue an ass covering response.

Dt's criticism of the recent planned protest should tell you everything you need to know about those spineless c.unts - all mouth and no action, and have no problem bending over rather than offend the club or it's dickhead players :roll:
There are a lot of things about the modern world that I would change/get rid of, and social media would be at the top of that list - braindead gobshites giving "fame" to attention seeking w*nkers, sums up everything that is ridiculous about modern society :roll: :oops:
Agree with you 100% about DT's comments about the timing etc of the last protest. Timing shouldn't make a jot of difference anymore its just an excuse and is pathetic from someone who made sure he was at the front of all the protests last year when the attention was on it.

Without turning this into yet more Wenger bashing.... Bellerins comments highlight just how molly coddled players are under the current regime.... his words could almost have come out of Arsene's mouth. It again highlights distance between the players and the fans. Lets be honest here... Jack aside I don't really feel any relation to the current squad and even he has pissed me off the years not looking after himself properly. I remember when I first started going to the Arsenal when the players came out for the second half the clock end would serenade the entire back 5 from Seaman to Winterburn and they would always wave back at us. A really simple thing but it made a hell of an impression on me as a young lad.

I know times have changed but certain clubs always try to keep that connection and quite often the managers will make sure the players respond to the supporters.

I felt sorry for Bellerin at Palace last season because he really got it in the neck that night but he can fuck himself now.

It's funny cos I was making that exact point to one of my sons a few days ago - I pointed to other clubs and the way their young fans are able to get autographs and photos and interact with their idols when they get off the team bus to go into the stadiums, and I contrasted that to our set up that see's the team bus go into the underground stadium car park and cut off all contact with the fans. It's been my experience that fans (young and old) are more patient/tolerant/understanding of players that they have met and have interacted with, but our club only want sanitised contact that they control, and all that does is create a divide where fans dont see players that they can identify with. I would say that jack wilshere would still be a popular player with the fans - when I look at him I see a regular guy busting a gut every single game and a guy that enjoys some social life, and whether that social life is right or wrong, the fans can still identify with him more than the rest of the privileged c.unts :evil: When you see how much these w*nkers are paid nowadays, then I think that the fans at the least should see some appreciation and respect
This reminds me of an incident a couple of years ago that makes me hate the club.
I gave a lift to the ground to a disabled supporter who was allocated a parking space in the underground carpark. I took my then 5 and 10 year old sons with us.
The carpark is where the coaches pull up to the players entrance which is not open to the public. After the game we cannot get out of the car park for about an hour. We decided to walk over to the payers entrance to see the players leaving the ground to get into the coach. My lads were made up with the idea of seeing the players close up.

After waiting about 15 minutes we were approached by a member of the Arsenal staff who basically told us to do one and move away. When I asked why I was told it was for security reasons!!!! A 40 year old man with another man in a wheelchair, a 10 year old and a six year old!!!!! That was the day I realised what a bunch of cun*s this club have become.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Jesus fucking Christ - never thought I’d be sticking up for that embarrassing shower of shit that is Arsenal fan tv.

The world today is full of tossers with a camera and whilst embarrassing then aftv comes well within the level of abuse that a player could reasonably expect to receive.

Recently heard Dixon say about Tony Adams grabbing him by the throat against a wall before his first London Derby trying to explain how important it was. What I’d do for that sort of desire and passion.

This fucking charlatan has been shit for over a year not but is yet another legend in his own mind. Can’t defend, can’t cross a ball and like Sagna in his last two years (except without five brilliant years behind him) he is scared whenever he sees a defender and turns back. Would be third choice right back for other sides in the league.

GTG

Post by GTG »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 pm
DT was spot on about the timing of the last protest - I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. Perhaps it shouldn't be about timing when Shit for Brains has had a decade of under achievement, but we all know that there's such a large percentage of flip floppers and trendy beards swayed by the transfer window......and so it proved, sign Aubameyang and seemingly the WOB is at peace with the world once more. Timing the protest directly after that and at home to Walrus Chops's losers (a manager who has never managed to win at our place) was ridiculous.

I always maintained that once the top 4 had firmly slipped away followed by two dickings by City and the time would be right once more.

DT doesn't disagree with the protests - he's a regular with the banners and does more for the Wenger Out campaign than many and gets us wider coverage. All he said was that the timing was wrong - so what, it was

As for Bellerin - he's gone from being one of the few I liked a couple of years ago to an absolute prize c.unt of the highest order
What he actually says was is the protesters and organisers of this particular protest were idiots. Now he may have felt like he had a point about the timing of the protest in the same way you do but anyone who protests against Wenger whenever it happens is not at idiot. I'd like to see him call those same people idiots to their face when the protests become popular again.

They are people with the clubs best interests at heart actively trying to do something about it rather than worrying about when its the right time. It pretty much sums up the fanbase to me that a few signings completely papered over another in the long line of embarrassing defeats under Wenger. Played off the park by Swansea and currently being on course for our worse league finish under his reign.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GTG wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:53 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 pm
DT was spot on about the timing of the last protest - I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. Perhaps it shouldn't be about timing when Shit for Brains has had a decade of under achievement, but we all know that there's such a large percentage of flip floppers and trendy beards swayed by the transfer window......and so it proved, sign Aubameyang and seemingly the WOB is at peace with the world once more. Timing the protest directly after that and at home to Walrus Chops's losers (a manager who has never managed to win at our place) was ridiculous.

I always maintained that once the top 4 had firmly slipped away followed by two dickings by City and the time would be right once more.

DT doesn't disagree with the protests - he's a regular with the banners and does more for the Wenger Out campaign than many and gets us wider coverage. All he said was that the timing was wrong - so what, it was

As for Bellerin - he's gone from being one of the few I liked a couple of years ago to an absolute prize c.unt of the highest order
What he actually says was is the protesters and organisers of this particular protest were idiots. Now he may have felt like he had a point about the timing of the protest in the same way you do but anyone who protests against Wenger whenever it happens is not at idiot. I'd like to see him call those same people idiots to their face when the protests become popular again.

They are people with the clubs best interests at heart actively trying to do something about it rather than worrying about when its the right time. It pretty much sums up the fanbase to me that a few signings completely papered over another in the long line of embarrassing defeats under Wenger. Played off the park by Swansea and currently being on course for our worse league finish under his reign.
Can't disagree with anything you say there - yes, it was disrespectful to call the fans idiots but his point about the timing was valid. As you say, after years of underachievement it's sad that timing is a factor but we have so many 'transfer window' spackers in our fan base that we sign a new striker and all is forgiven.

NickF

Post by NickF »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:35 pm
This fucking charlatan has been shit for over a year not but is yet another legend in his own mind. Can’t defend, can’t cross a ball and like Sagna in his last two years (except without five brilliant years behind him) he is scared whenever he sees a defender and turns back. Would be third choice right back for other sides in the league.
and yet it wasn't that long ago people were saying he was the best right back in the country and was world class.
Has he just reached his actually level or is it down to poor/non-existent coaching?

Would exactly the same defenders be any better under a different manager?

Ozil is another one, stupid number of assists in his first season and nothing to compare to it since.