Arsenal sign record shirt deal with Emirates

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Arsenal sign record shirt deal with Emirates

Post by Midz »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... h-emirates

£200m eh

In today's market where a player can go for £146m I think they've got a very cheap bargain to have their name on the Arsenal shirts as well as the stadium. In fact, I think we've been robbed.
I wonder which one of our gormless *word censored* negotiated this one.

Also wonder how much of the £200m we'll see invested in the team.

markyp

Re: Arsenal sign record shirt deal with Emirates

Post by markyp »

I thought adidas were going to be our shirt sponsors?? does this mean the players will be wearing blouses like trolley dollys?? :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The stadium will continue to be known as Emirates Stadium up to 2028, as part of an extension agreed in 2012.
This could be a clue to Wengers next contract!....
10 more years, still, cannot see sponsors queuing up to outbid Emirates, so we should be grateful for what is on offer for an average team...

NickF

Post by NickF »

Longest running shirt deal and the longest serving manager. We really don't like change at the Arsenal. :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

markyp wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:57 pm
I thought adidas were going to be our shirt sponsors?? does this mean the players will be wearing blouses like trolley dollys?? :lol:
They may well be when the Puma deal (nothing to do with Emirates) expires at the end of next season.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

markyp wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:57 pm
Kit manufacturers not shirt sponsors,

Wow, great, fab, marvellous, ain’t that just peachy ?

Money in my pocket and I just can’t get no love

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Disappointed really, i wanted a blue chip sponsor like Pot Noodle

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Lots of lovely wonga heading our way :barscarf: 8)

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

This deal has the hallmarks of panic from the club, why are we going back to signing "long term" deals?, probably because the club is heading downhill so the board are going ultra conservative by signing up for a mediocre but reasonable sum before sponsors realise we are permanently out of the CL, in fairness we can't blame Ivan for this, he is working within the confines of the wiggy & wenger regime which is causing this once great club to become the worst of the big 6 and potentially even worse than that over the next few years.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

£200m for six years. £33m a year. Great we can just about afford Chris Smalling with that. A record deal for us but more of an indication of the club's direction.
Announcing the club are seeking a sleeve sponsorship also maybe shows financial ambition.
Will we see a reinvestment in the team. Probably not merely compensating for lack of champions league money.
We may have broken club record twice in last 6 months but we broke even on transfer dealings and not even touched the £200m we've apparently got in the bank.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 pm
£200m for six years. £33m a year. Great we can just about afford Chris Smalling with that. A record deal for us but more of an indication of the club's direction.
Announcing the club are seeking a sleeve sponsorship also maybe shows financial ambition.
Will we see a reinvestment in the team. Probably not merely compensating for lack of champions league money.
We may have broken club record twice in last 6 months but we broke even on transfer dealings and not even touched the £200m we've apparently got in the bank.
It's over 5 seasons and puts us joint 3rd in the world for shirt deals. Works out at approx £40m a year, £10m up from the existing deal. Not as bad as some people make it out to be.

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/ex ... hip-deals/

Remember this is separate from the deal with PUMA to manufacture and sell the various merchandise.

Edit: We are due to have our shirts made by Adidas next year.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... das-shirt/

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 pm
This deal has the hallmarks of panic from the club, why are we going back to signing "long term" deals?, probably because the club is heading downhill so the board are going ultra conservative by signing up for a mediocre but reasonable sum before sponsors realise we are permanently out of the CL, in fairness we can't blame Ivan for this, he is working within the confines of the wiggy & wenger regime which is causing this once great club to become the worst of the big 6 and potentially even worse than that over the next few years.
Watch season ticket sales plunge!.... :shock:
That will truly show the direction of the the club....

General

Post by General »

As if we were going to accept less money.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:16 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 pm
It's over 5 seasons and puts us joint 3rd in the world for shirt deals. Works out at approx £40m a year, £10m up from the existing deal. Not as bad as some people make it out to be.

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/ex ... hip-deals/

Remember this is separate from the deal with PUMA to manufacture and sell the various merchandise.

Edit: We are due to have our shirts made by Adidas next year.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... das-shirt/
I read Adidas were holding back because of lack of Champion League football. Puma have done well for us. Think this is the best home shirt for years. Great third kit too, for last two seasons.

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Does this deal include naming of stadium rights ? If so this would be a shocking value for money deal

I too would have an issue with the "long term" deals scenario - in the previous post by no.89 he lists a link to an article in the sun which states that our kit deal which was signed with puma in 2013, has been left well behind our rivals since. We were told when we went to the souless hole, that it was necessary to structure our commercial deals as long term with a heavy slice up front - now that we are in a good position financially, why commit to long term deals which will be passed out by our rivals before our deal expires ? Panic at our failing brand is the reason why, and it is very much one of those "you reap what you sow" situations