Wigan beat the "best team ever"

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Wigan beat the "best team ever"

Post by Nos89 »

A remarkable result in the FA cup. Wasn't like city had the kids out. They defended like legends. Hope it affects them for Sunday's cup final.
Hopefully, Aguero gets banned for taking a swing at a Wigan fan on the pitch afterwards. Pep gets touchline ban for kicking off at the ref at HT in the tunnel. City are there for the taking on Sunday.

augie

Re: Wigan beat the "best team ever"

Post by augie »

I wouldnt put money on our team beating the citeeh ladies team, much less half of a senior team :roll:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Watch our back 4 concede within 10 minutes,embarrassingly I doubt we can defend like league one Wigan did tonight

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Would not surprise me one iota if we beat City. Would still make them favourites but not by a massive margin.

Looking at the last year or so this is absolutely the sort of game which we have won despite all common sense pointing otherwise.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:24 pm
A remarkable result in the FA cup. Wasn't like city had the kids out. They defended like legends. Hope it affects them for Sunday's cup final.
Hopefully, Aguero gets banned for taking a swing at a Wigan fan on the pitch afterwards. Pep gets touchline ban for kicking off at the ref at HT in the tunnel. City are there for the taking on Sunday.
Are you serious? I hate modern football and a lot of modern players but Aguero should have smashed his fucking head in. That's what that fan deserved. Fucking northerners invading the pitch :roll:

I detest these small time clubs and their fans that only turn up for the big occasions - who then act like they're the lifeblood of the game. Hope Wigan get kicked out the FA Cup for failing to control their fans. :roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

City at their worst are just a carbon copy of us - they pass the ball around a lot, have all the possession but very little end product.
Last year's semi-final was actually like watching Arsenal play Arsenal.

I would imagine they are still favourites for the final however it wouldn't surprise me if we beat them like last year.

Totally agree with Clash about Aguero and Wigan fan.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Clash wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:02 am
Nos89 wrote:
Are you serious? I hate modern football and a lot of modern players but Aguero should have smashed his fucking head in. That's what that fan deserved. Fucking northerners invading the pitch :roll:

I detest these small time clubs and their fans that only turn up for the big occasions - who then act like they're the lifeblood of the game. Hope Wigan get kicked out the FA Cup for failing to control their fans. :roll:
Serious to the point of him not playing against us on Sunday.
Any other time supporters running on the pitch should get twatted Brian Clough style.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

The worst result for Arsenal tbh, City will be more up for this game than had they won against Wigan.

nut flush gooner

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:58 am
Clash wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Serious to the point of him not playing against us on Sunday.
Any other time supporters running on the pitch should get twatted Brian Clough style.
Unless they are watching a screening of the FA cup final, then it's ok ofc. Or running on the pitch after we won the littlewoods cup semi final in 1988.

beck

Post by beck »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:45 am
The worst result for Arsenal tbh, City will be more up for this game than had they won against Wigan.
Liverpool lost 2-1 at home to Wimbledon a week before losing to us in the 87 league cup final

nut flush gooner

beck wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:27 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:45 am
Liverpool lost 2-1 at home to Wimbledon a week before losing to us in the 87 league cup final
We had a team with balls in those days, not forgetting the famous back 4 was starting to take shape. What have we got this weekend?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:06 pm
Would not surprise me one iota if we beat City. Would still make them favourites but not by a massive margin.

Looking at the last year or so this is absolutely the sort of game which we have won despite all common sense pointing otherwise.
I agree. Citeh should beat us comfortably.... but then the chav should have too in May and we totally outclassed and out fought them on the day. I still make Citeh favourites but this is exactly the kind of game where Wenger so often gets a result.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Whilst I'd love to see Aguero banned for Sunday I deffo agree about that twat that he went for. Shame he didnt throat punch the prize prick. Fucking small club arsehole superfans.... you just know the only fucking song that crunt knows is "same old Arsenal always cheating". Fucking spacker. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Also it stops these pimped Citeh crunts from doing the Double. :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Here's the thing!

Will Arsene have a master plan ?

Will he fuck!.... :lol: