Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

Post by DB10GOONER »

Hey I've an idea..... can all the whining begrudging crunts that cant even fucking enjoy a cup final keep their fucking hysteria off this thread and content themselves with populating every other thread with the we are shit proclamations etc etc fucking etc.

If you honestly think us getting our asses handed to us on Sunday will have ANY impact on Wenger's tenure then you have either been in a coma for the last 10 years or you are being deliberately fucking stupid. :oops: :lol:

Anyway fuck off. Be an Arsenal fan. Cheer the team. Enjoy the final. If part of being a football fan is about cheering your team on as they win a trophy then do that. Put the agenda aside until Monday.

I hope we fucking destroy the pimped little club that is citeh. I don't fully believe we will but I hope we do.

silus

Post by silus »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:40 pm
Hey I've an idea..... can all the whining begrudging crunts that cant even fucking enjoy a cup final keep their fucking hysteria off this thread and content themselves with populating every other thread with the we are shit proclamations etc etc fucking etc.

If you honestly think us getting our asses handed to us on Sunday will have ANY impact on Wenger's tenure then you have either been in a coma for the last 10 years or you are being deliberately fucking stupid. :oops: :lol:

Anyway fuck off. Be an Arsenal fan. Cheer the team. Enjoy the final. If part of being a football fan is about cheering your team on as they win a trophy then do that. Put the agenda aside until Monday.

I hope we fucking destroy the pimped little club that is citeh. I don't fully believe we will but I hope we do.
Looking forward to it myself. Day on the beer with my mates, trip to wembley and a possible trophy.

If you don't want your team to win a cup final then its probably time to find a new hobby.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

silus wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:21 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Looking forward to it myself. Day on the beer with my mates, trip to wembley and a possible trophy.

If you don't want your team to win a cup final then its probably time to find a new hobby.
Agreed enjoy the day all, its not every week we are in a final.......

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Amen to that. City are everything that is wrong with modern football, a club that has not 20 years ago yoyo’d between the PL and the old Division 2. There is no credibility in pumping billions into a football club and buying every trophy in sight.

I support the club and want them to win every game no matter who is in charge.

It’s a good day out, even though it’s not far to go. Starting in the Volunteer, Baker Street our lucky Wembley pub since 2014. Our seats are in the lower tier behind the goal, where the hardcore support will be. COYG!

markyp

Re: Cup Final Ballot

Post by markyp »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:40 pm
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:24 am
Have they announced what kit we’re wearing?
I imagine it will be a football kit.
With Arsene's mighty warriors it should be the Keystone Cops uniforms..........
ive heard we are wearing that awful combo of our home kit with red shorts

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

No we’re not now mate, normal ‘home’ kit. :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

In all honesty Wenger has destroyed any enjoyment I used to get from watching the Arsenal.

That said, I feel prediction about us getting thrashed are well wide of the mark. If we play like we did in last years FA Cup semi-final there is no reason why we can't beat them again.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:28 pm
Our seats are in the lower tier behind the goal, where the hardcore support will be. COYG!
Will the hardcore be there? Haven't the platinum members snapped those seats up? I am upstairs with the true hardcore :D

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Be an Arsenal fan. Cheer the team. Enjoy the final. If part of being a football fan is about cheering your team on as they win a trophy then do that.
Given it is 12 years since I got a ticket to a final I am going to have a proper day out. :)

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:13 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:28 pm
Our seats are in the lower tier behind the goal, where the hardcore support will be. COYG!
Will the hardcore be there? Haven't the platinum members snapped those seats up? I am upstairs with the true hardcore :D
Aye us mugs that have more than 3 credits get first dibs. In all the seats I have had at Wembley lower tier behind the goal is defo the place to be. Upper tier behind the goal, is not bad either but you don't get the same intensity of support. Down the sides is naff, lower or upper tier.

augie

Post by augie »

markyp wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:21 pm
this will be a horror a show, 6-1 to them

Are you kidding me ? No fcuking chance of that happening, and I honestly believe that we could actually win it - citeeh are a great team no doubt, but I'm not convinced about their mentality in games like this. I am expecting us to set up defensively with 9 men behind the ball as we try to stifle citeeh - if they score early we could be up against it, but if we keep them out for a while they might panic cos the pressure is absolutely on them

wilko49er

Re: Cup Final Ballot

Post by wilko49er »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:32 am
wilko49er wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:11 am
Nah shes going to Russia as well. 14 of us going parts of a mates 50th birthday celebrations. Be fuckin freezing. He couldnt have chosen somewhere sensible.
Russia in February.......Genius! :lol: :lol:

No need for the factor 2 oil then :lol:
Nope. My nutter mate and his missus go to Moscow ( after St Petersburg), then Trans Siberian railway with stops on route to Beijing. Must be insane! May have to find a bar too watch this. Temp on Sunday -8 to -15, a bit nippy.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Said it on the Chelsea semi final thread but here goes again, Wenger IN or Wenger OUT or any other issues about Arsenal's present or future will in no way be affected by what happens in Wembley on Sunday. Nothing that happens on a football pitch will affect the future of our club or it's manager. So its Arsenal at Wembley, let's enjoy it despite the regime ..

Herd

Post by Herd »

I wont be going although ive been offerred tics ,they are easy to pick up at face in Islington right now. Im sure if your around 2 night in the pubs u can scratch one. il take the boy swimming early n then watch down a quiet pub somewhere.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:22 am
Said it on the Chelsea semi final thread but here goes again, Wenger IN or Wenger OUT or any other issues about Arsenal's present or future will in no way be affected by what happens in Wembley on Sunday. Nothing that happens on a football pitch will affect the future of our club or it's manager.
Unfortunately that is the sad situation we find ourselves in. It seems quite obvious that despite calls over the last few years to boycott games, most on here still go and to enough games to get a final ticket. Calls for protests have also failed always due to it "not being the right time". Seems to me Arsenal fans largely get what they deserve.