Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bob Bayliss

Re: Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I will take lectures from no-one about caring whether this shower of shit win on Sunday, just because it happens to be a cup final. They are a reflection of the clown in charge, and that is all there is to it.

Seriously, enjoy the day if that floats your boat. I will wait until he has gone before I get any pride or pleasure in the occasional day out at Wembley.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Please let this be a 6 goal tanking ! Come on Pep!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:29 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:19 pm
they will tear us a new one. Our bunch of snowflakes need to get ready with the lube. :x
I seem to recall a lot of people on here predicting something similar in a certain FA Cup final last May..... :lol:

There is simply no way to know what will happen on Sunday. We often lose games we should win and sometimes win games we should get raped in. We are so inconsistent that we could easily win 2-1 and just as easily get beaten 5-1. On paper Citeh are a far superior team.... but so were the chav in May.... :wink:

I have a weird feeling we will win. Not based on any logic or anything.... just a gut feeling.
Is it the same gut feeling you had about Ostersunds tonight??? :rubchin: :D
Nope. Had no gut feeling at all. I reckoned the big stadium would spook them. And it might have if it hadn't been half empty! :lol: If anything last night proves my point. We should have easily beaten them but lost....

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:25 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
they will tear us a new one. Our bunch of snowflakes need to get ready with the lube. :x
I seem to recall a lot of people on here predicting something similar in a certain FA Cup final last May..... :lol:

There is simply no way to know what will happen on Sunday. We often lose games we should win and sometimes win games we should get raped in. We are so inconsistent that we could easily win 2-1 and just as easily get beaten 5-1. On paper Citeh are a far superior team.... but so were the chav in May.... :wink:

I have a weird feeling we will win. Not based on any logic or anything.... just a gut feeling.
Nope. Had no gut feeling at all. I reckoned the big stadium would spook them. And it might have if it hadn't been half empty! :lol: If anything last night proves my point. We should have easily beaten them but lost....
after watching last night the only "gut feeling" I had was the shits

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The only positive this morning is that both teams go into the final on the back of shockingly embarrassing results.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:25 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

So, you are (at last) admitting that you are wrong. :lol: :wink:

(think about it)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:22 am
Please let this be a 6 goal tanking ! Come on Pep!!
:lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

They aren't shite...we are shite...
Their manager is a cock (who has won shedloads of trophies) ours is a cock...
They will podger us up the ringhole :barscarf: :barscarf:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

We are awful, they are brilliant, can only mean an Arsenal win.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I anticipate our starting line up to be
Ospina, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Bellerin, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Ramsey, Ozil, Aubamayeng, and Welbeck.

Wilshere looked like he was struggling at the end of the game last night but not with an injury but with fitness. Don't know if Wenger trusts to start with him.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

2-0 down inside 10 minutes,3-0 down at half time,but who fucking cares

beck

Post by beck »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 pm
2-0 down inside 10 minutes,3-0 down at half time,but who fucking cares
Me
Desperate to win another trophy

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

is it too much to ask to win 4 cup finals in a row? the law of averages suggests this is going to be a bit of a tall order, having said that you can never tell with Arsenal :barscarf:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

If we play average to shit, we could feasibly lose this by 3 or 4 goals. Which wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to Wenger finishing his current contract.

Wenger is here till the end of next season (minimum) come what may. The club is not looking at single results, but overall league performance. His time could well be up by the end of next season on current results, but no sooner. In the meantime, best make the best of it, and make it a great day like it was against Chelsea.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

cameron326 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:51 am
If we play average to shit, we could feasibly lose this by 3 or 4 goals. Which wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to Wenger finishing his current contract.

Wenger is here till the end of next season (minimum) come what may. The club is not looking at single results, but overall league performance. His time could well be up by the end of next season on current results, but no sooner. In the meantime, best make the best of it, and make it a great day like it was against Chelsea.
As you say I don't think results will make much odds but then again the wiggy b*stard is bound to be there for another superbowl final (superbowl 2?). :roll:

A crushing infront of him might make him act, doubtful though I grant you, he looks like he's had a stroke most of the time (if only....).

What might make a difference is when ST renewal time comes up in May, I know some others disagree but I do think it has got to the stage now where we may not sell out next season, the majority of people now are so bored senseless by the current regime. Surely there can't be enough maniacs out there who just "have to" cling on to their ST just in case?, if there are we should be raising bloody taxes because if they can afford to do this they need to pay more!!.