Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

Post by nut flush gooner »

Can't believe there are still tickets for sale through Arsenal.com. Down to red members now, with no min game attendance requirement.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 am
Can't believe there are still tickets for sale through Arsenal.com. Down to red members now, with no min game attendance requirement.
that is what happens when you repeatedly ignore your fanbase

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:55 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 am
that is what happens when you repeatedly ignore your fanbase
To be honest this is a competition that Wenger disrespected for years, in 2007 he put out a team of kids. This season he will have a full strength team. Says a lot.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:17 am
I will be sailing towards the artic circle when this game is on so if they are showing it in sports bar, oh buoy I will seas the day and have a few beers 🍻 :oops: :barscarf:

Might be kinder if they are not showing it tbf.
Wenger and Tactics

Arsenal FC and Goof Football

are 'Poles' apart.
Win or lose you can bet his post match interview will be artic-ulate :lol:
Icey you know him all too well. :D :wink:

robbo10

Re: Cup Final Ballot

Post by robbo10 »

wilko49er wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:06 am
robbo10 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:32 am
wilko49er wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:11 am
Nah shes going to Russia as well. 14 of us going parts of a mates 50th birthday celebrations. Be fuckin freezing. He couldnt have chosen somewhere sensible.
Russia in February.......Genius! :lol: :lol:

No need for the factor 2 oil then :lol:
Nope. My nutter mate and his missus go to Moscow ( after St Petersburg), then Trans Siberian railway with stops on route to Beijing. Must be insane! May have to find a bar too watch this. Temp on Sunday -8 to -15, a bit nippy.
Blimey,makes my nuts shrivel just thinking about it,

I remember a few years back in Bennington Vermont in February it was about minus 24 when I came out of a bar/club at 4am,it was insanely cold,my face went numb just walking back to the car.I bet its a lovely trip though apart from the cold,I imagine a good few hours on the train though,
Good luck mate don't forget the thermals!

Gunner Rob

Re: Cup Final Ballot

Post by Gunner Rob »

wilko49er wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:06 am
robbo10 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:32 am
wilko49er wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:11 am
Nah shes going to Russia as well. 14 of us going parts of a mates 50th birthday celebrations. Be fuckin freezing. He couldnt have chosen somewhere sensible.
Russia in February.......Genius! :lol: :lol:

No need for the factor 2 oil then :lol:
Nope. My nutter mate and his missus go to Moscow ( after St Petersburg), then Trans Siberian railway with stops on route to Beijing. Must be insane! May have to find a bar too watch this. Temp on Sunday -8 to -15, a bit nippy.
Siberia in February ? :lol: :lol:
enjoy Moscow - that will be the hottest part of the holiday :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

they will tear us a new one. Our bunch of snowflakes need to get ready with the lube. :x

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Tickets still available to Red Members up to a few minutes ago..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:19 pm
they will tear us a new one. Our bunch of snowflakes need to get ready with the lube. :x
I seem to recall a lot of people on here predicting something similar in a certain FA Cup final last May..... :lol:

There is simply no way to know what will happen on Sunday. We often lose games we should win and sometimes win games we should get raped in. We are so inconsistent that we could easily win 2-1 and just as easily get beaten 5-1. On paper Citeh are a far superior team.... but so were the chav in May.... :wink:

I have a weird feeling we will win. Not based on any logic or anything.... just a gut feeling.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:44 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:22 am
Said it on the Chelsea semi final thread but here goes again, Wenger IN or Wenger OUT or any other issues about Arsenal's present or future will in no way be affected by what happens in Wembley on Sunday. Nothing that happens on a football pitch will affect the future of our club or it's manager.
Unfortunately that is the sad situation we find ourselves in. It seems quite obvious that despite calls over the last few years to boycott games, most on here still go and to enough games to get a final ticket. Calls for protests have also failed always due to it "not being the right time". Seems to me Arsenal fans largely get what they deserve.
Nick mate what part of "fuck off" did you not get?! :lol: :wink:

I agree with you on most issues and you are right in that we as a fan base get what we deserve.

But as I get older The Arsenal have become less all consuming a passion.... replaced by a wife and kids and mortgage payments and taking my career seriously and all that adult shit that we all try put off as long as possible. :D :wink:

I don't get anywhere near as down or angry after bad results anymore. Maybe Wenger's endless tenure has desensitised me to a degree but it is what it is. :|

I want him gone. I want a proper football person to own us. I want my old Arsenal back. I don't hold much hope of two of those things happening anytime soon and the last one will never happen. So I'm gonna take my enjoyment when and where I can.

A cup final at Wemberlee will do for now. :barscarf:

UTA 8)

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:36 pm
NickF wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Said it on the Chelsea semi final thread but here goes again, Wenger IN or Wenger OUT or any other issues about Arsenal's present or future will in no way be affected by what happens in Wembley on Sunday. Nothing that happens on a football pitch will affect the future of our club or it's manager.
Unfortunately that is the sad situation we find ourselves in. It seems quite obvious that despite calls over the last few years to boycott games, most on here still go and to enough games to get a final ticket. Calls for protests have also failed always due to it "not being the right time". Seems to me Arsenal fans largely get what they deserve.
I was doing really well, I even put a postive post about how I thought we could win.
Then someone came along and mentioned the manager.

:evil: :evil: :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
I was doing really well, I even put a postive post about how I thought we could win.

:lol: :lol:

Yep that will do it alright.... :wink:

B+ for effort. 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I have no idea how we'll get on. We might just do it with a 2-1 or 3-2 but could end up losing 3-0 or 4-1. Who knows?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:29 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:19 pm
I seem to recall a lot of people on here predicting something similar in a certain FA Cup final last May..... :lol:

There is simply no way to know what will happen on Sunday. We often lose games we should win and sometimes win games we should get raped in. We are so inconsistent that we could easily win 2-1 and just as easily get beaten 5-1. On paper Citeh are a far superior team.... but so were the chav in May.... :wink:

I have a weird feeling we will win. Not based on any logic or anything.... just a gut feeling.
Is it the same gut feeling you had about Ostersunds tonight??? :rubchin: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:44 pm
NickF wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Yep that will do it alright.... :wink:

B+ for effort. 8)
Harsh but fair.