Promotion to the prem.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Promotion to the prem.

Post by StuartL »

Wolves, winning currently looking pretty certain for the title with a 13 point lead

Cardiff
Villa
Derby
Fulham
All in the mix to go up automatically
Anyone got their preferences ?

arrgee

Re: Promotion to the prem.

Post by arrgee »

Cardiff if son ends up at university there.
Fulham as it's a good day out ditto Brentford with pubs on every corner of the ground. Unlikely to see Arsenal at either but I know a few out of towners who may invite me along to away end.
Anyone but Middlesbrough. Used to be a horrible place to go back in the 1980s.

I wouldn't mind dirty Leeds getting back again, but they are off the pace. Love beating them,

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:26 pm
Cardiff if son ends up at university there.
Fulham as it's a good day out ditto Brentford with pubs on every corner of the ground. Unlikely to see Arsenal at either but I know a few out of towners who may invite me along to away end.
Anyone but Middlesbrough. Used to be a horrible place to go back in the 1980s.

I wouldn't mind dirty Leeds getting back again, but they are off the pace. Love beating them,
I only went to Middlesboro once, that was enough, a late 1-0 Hayes goal in 89, setting us up nicely to clinch the title with home games v Derby and Wimbledon to come. :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Wolves
Derby
Fulham

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 pm
Wolves
Derby
Fulham

Absolutely - cardiff have always been scummy c.unts, and villa have pikey terry and glenn whelan and both are absolute w**kers :evil: :evil:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Cardiff - Should f**k to their own league and not play in the English Leagues
Villa - Great pubs in Birmingham
Derby - Great pubs in Derby
Fulham - Easy to get to and always a decent day out

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I wouldn't mind Wolves, Villa and Bristol City via the play off.

Probably get Wolves, Cardiff and Middleborough. Return of Warnock and Pulis to Premier League.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Makes no difference to me as I won't be going to any unless, at the very least, Wanker fucks off, but Derby and Fulham for me. Didn't used to mind Wolves but they were dirty *word censored* and their fans were small time as fuck last time they were up.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:08 am
I agree with my xenophobic friend Nick here.... :wink: Why are a Welsh team playing in an Ingerlish league? Their fans are fucking scum too.

Don't like Villa because I know a family in Dublin that are displaced Brummies and Villa fans and they are arseholes to a man woman and child - including the one they hide in the attic.

Fulham is a great day out and has the feel of a proper old Ingerlish club.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:38 am
NickF wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:08 am
I agree with my xenophobic friend Nick here.... :wink: Why are a Welsh team playing in an Ingerlish league? Their fans are fucking scum too.

Don't like Villa because I know a family in Dublin that are displaced Brummies and Villa fans and they are arseholes to a man woman and child - including the one they hide in the attic.

Fulham is a great day out and has the feel of a proper old Ingerlish club.
On the Welsh league thingy,I saw the Southern Istmian/Doc Martins/Beazer Homes league cup draw or table the other day and I'm sure I saw Merthyr Tydfil in it? now I know I'm a thick c*nt but even my GCSE Geography taught me that's in Welsh Wales,were they allowed to opt out of the Welsh league or is there some sort of Welsh racism that didnt want them in it?

And just for the record I dont give a fuck who comes up,as long as it's not Villa,Cardiff or Fulham,

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I have always quite liked the idea of scottish teams being allowed in the PL tbh
If you had Celtic and Rangers in there they would be able to hold their own after a couple of seasons I reckon, and it would make for a more competitive league

Herd

Post by Herd »

love cardiff know their boys ,loons to a man but great hosts . hate derby n villa like fulham and the bees too.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:26 am
I have always quite liked the idea of scottish teams being allowed in the PL tbh
If you had Celtic and Rangers in there they would be able to hold their own after a couple of seasons I reckon, and it would make for a more competitive league
Gotta be honest I hate Celtic fans as much as I hate the equally bigotted Rangers scum. Had a few run ins in Dublin with Oirish Celtic fans that equate love for the murdering IRA scum with being Oirish, hating the British, and yet supporting a British team called Celtic. Fucking morons. :censored:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:42 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:26 am
Gotta be honest I hate Celtic fans as much as I hate the equally bigotted Rangers scum. Had a few run ins in Dublin with Oirish Celtic fans that equate love for the murdering IRA scum with being Oirish, hating the British, and yet supporting a British team called Celtic. Fucking morons. :censored:
A few run-ins in Dublin? No!

:wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Merthyr playing in English leagues is a historic thing. About five years back they got relegated four or five tiers because of financial mismanagement and were playing at a level equivalent to welsh league div one/two and groundsharing with one of those clubs. Yet ploughed on in English leagues.

A shit Cardiff side under Warnock kicking the shit out of teams every week isn’t much of a prospect. Their game against Man City was a sign of things to come if they go up.

I reckon you might need four million away credits to get an away ticket if Fulham came up. Like Bristol city but there are already enough tinpot clubs in this league.

Would like to see Villa come up. Funny laughing at them tumble down but they’re a big club and I have a bit of personal affection for them. Went there every year since the age of 6 until this season as it was a relatively close trip from Cardiff and we had a great family friend who is a season ticket holder there. Don’t think we’ve lost since Santa fell off the roof in December 1998!