Will Cashley give his all for the shirt?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

So if the rumours are true, Cashley's in the squad pic (and Reyes isn't), which may indicate that the club are going to call Chelski's bluff and hang onto the player. Now obviously he won't get cheered by Gooners if he remains. Best case scenario is that if Wenger picks him he does not get booed by Arsenal fans.

But do you think that if he does stay he will give his all for the shirt after what has happened? Obviously he's the best in his position at the club and at those wages we can't afford to make him rot in the reserves.

Club definitely right to make Chelski stump at top dollar - the money's meaningless to them so why should we let one of our better players go to an immediate rival without them paying through the nose.

Apparently the deal Cole agreed to a year back included a clause stating that although he could go for £15 million, that would be to any club but Chelski, for whom a separate price would have to be negotiated. Well played the directors!

Von Smalls

Post by Von Smalls »

It's hard to say if he will play for the shirt. Especially if we believe all the rumours.

But we have been let down before by vieira not putting in 100% when he didn't want to stay.

It's a shame that it happens because we had Edu who wanted to stay and was a fantastic player and we repayed his loyalty by selling him.

Cole does blame the club for not backing him up so to speak in the tapping up saga.

I think he will play for the shirt if he stays, he seemed to play alright in the cl final after coming back from injury.

Maybe it's about time players started becoming honest and come out and put an end to all speculation about their desires to play football for whichever club it maybe.

The only two men that will know for sure will be Cole and Wenger.

Obviously if he does stay then perhaps it might be because he wants to, lets hope so.

legend10

Post by legend10 »

THE REASON HE TRIED IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL WAS SO HE COULD GET IN THE ENGLAND SQUAD FOR THE WORLD CUP. THEN WHAT DOES HE DO ,SAYS HE WANTS TO LEAVE AND SLAGS ARSENAL OFF AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY.

I SAY FUCK THE GREEDY LITTLE SHIT LET HIM PISS OFF TO CHELSEA WE DONT NEED PLAYERS LIKE THAT , FLAMINI WAS AWSOME AT LEFT BACK LAST SEASON AND I WISH WENGER HAD PLAYED HIM INSTEAD IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.

LETS NOT FORGET WE GOT GAEL CLICHY TO COME BACK TOO AND I BET HE WONT DO WHAT COLE HAS DONE

WENGER IS RIGHT NOT TO BUY ENGLISH PLAYERS THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME ATTITUDE AS ASHLEY COLE , COST TOO MUCH AND THINK THERE BETTER THAN THEY ARE

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Cashley...

Post by gooner.ed »

... certainly doesn't want to stay, whatever the state of the negotiations. Today's press seem to think that Chelski will budge on the fee despite their manager's words. and let's face it, the chairman's deciding on the big buys now, not Maureen Yo.

The only real question if Chelski did not make a deal would be whether Cashley would be prepared to waste a year or two of his footballing career by deliberately underperforming. But signs are that will all prove hypothetical as he's unlikely to be an Arsenal player by the time of the match against Villa. Chavski need a left back with Bridge off form and Gallas looking set for a year with the stiffs himself.

Fuzzfeast

Post by Fuzzfeast »

I thought Cashley was the one not included in the team photo, not Reyes.

Personally I hope the bloke is still with us for the Villa game, on the bench, so we can let him know what we think of him. With Cole, everything that happened after the Chelsea tap-up was somebody else's fault. The release of his book will be delayed if he is not signed by Chelsea, but we all know there are bits in it that will slag our club off.

I've disliked Cole ever since he met up with Chelsea then later tried to get out of paying his fine. Naive Gooners were chanting his name the first time he played at Highbury after being out for months with his foot injury, but not me. I just thought OK we've got a player who doesn't like the club but is good at left back so I'll accept him being there as long as he does a good job. If he plays again for us in 2006/07 then I will still be thinking the same.

Gooner 48

Post by Gooner 48 »

Cashley may be a greedy little git but please remember that he's been with the Club since he was about nine years old and has seen loads of his mates shafted by the Club. Loyalty in football is a two way thing and the Clubs are only ever loyal to the very best players. His agent may be a total c***, he may be a total c***, but the Club don't give a toss when it comes to ditching players.
If he plays again for us he will give his all because that is the way he plays. I won't boo him, but I'm not enthralled by his behaviour either. It's a job to him and he's currently far too much up his own arse. But Arsenal need to take a stand and they have - if you want to buy our players this is OUR price - if you don't like it piss off.
The Chavs may have to wait two seasons - then again they may not.

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

i to wont boo him if he ever gets the privlage to play for us again! but I wont cheer him either!! silence is more deafening! look at the Vieiri situation in Italy Inter fans didnt even cheer when he scored goals for the club a similar stance is needed with Cole!