New Stadium Moan

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
doublegooner

New Stadium Moan

Post by doublegooner »

Yes it's impressive, yes it gives 000's more the opportunity to see matches, yes we will have 60,000 most games watching London's most successful & largest team.

To me something is missing, in fact a few things are missing...I thought
this after the Bergkamp testimonial but assumed things would be different
saturday...

The atmosphere was suprisingly good on saturday .....but why, once you get into the ground, around the concourses & the seat area is there not once piece of Arsenal signage, no Arsenal Flags or poles in place , no mention of previous Arsenal history...no contrast white seats with either Arsenal FC or AFC, just 'Fly Emirates' on the players tunnel.

Why have the 4 large outside 'corner' areas where the large crests are fitted just drab rendered concrete, looks unfinished.

Why ??....Is it because these are yet to be fitted ? Is it something to do
with our sponsor ?

The club have stopped people unveiling large flags either over the sides or
when in the seats.

I know it will take time to get used to but .... seems like they flogged
everything off during the auction.

I've been told today that the famous Clock has been bought ( this was not in the auction ) by one of our player's agent.

At the moment it doesnt feel the same.Are we becoming Corporate Arsenal ?

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

There were two Irish Sligo flags out on show and an Aston Villa Nuneaton one too.

However yeah I never thought about the seats not having Arsenal so don't reckon they will change. The concourse does look all the same all the way round.

legend10

Post by legend10 »

THATS A VERY GOOD POINT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME ARSENAL SIGAGE OR PICTURES OF MEMORABLE MOMENTS , I HOPE THESE WILL BE ADDED LATER

ANOTHER POINT ABOUT THE FLAGS , I NOTICED QUITE A FEW FLAGS HANGING OVER THE CLUB LEVEL AREA , IS IT ONLY THOSE ALLOWED TO HANG THEM BECAUSE THEY PAY MORE MONEY THAN ANYONE ELSE ,

DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT DURING LAST NIGHTS MATCH HOW MANY EMPTY SEATS THERE WAS IN THE CLUB LEVEL AND THE EXEC BOX SEATS,

ALSO AT THE START OF THE MATCH 4 SEATS IN FRONT OF ME WAS EMPTY , AFTER 20 MINUTES THEY TURNED UP AND THEN 5 MINUTES BEFORE HALF TIME WENT FOR A BEER THEN RETURNED 5 MINUTES INTO THE SECOND HALF . EACH TIME EVERYONE HAS TO KEEP GETTING UP TO LET THEM THROUGH.

ARSENAL HAVE MORE SUPPORTERS IN THE NEW STADIUM BUT MANY MORE PRAWN SANDWICH EATERS

ON A POSITIVE NOTE THE ATMOSPHERE IS BETTER BUT WE NEED TO THINK UP SOME MORE SONGS

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN TELL THE SINGING SECTION OF NEW IDEAS I HAVE FOR SONGS

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

legend10 wrote:
ALSO AT THE START OF THE MATCH 4 SEATS IN FRONT OF ME WAS EMPTY , AFTER 20 MINUTES THEY TURNED UP AND THEN 5 MINUTES BEFORE HALF TIME WENT FOR A BEER THEN RETURNED 5 MINUTES INTO THE SECOND HALF . EACH TIME EVERYONE HAS TO KEEP GETTING UP TO LET THEM THROUGH.
I think those were the group of lads who sat behind me when I was in the East Lower at Highbury (2000-2006) Blackburn 3-0 and they missed all the goals

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

legend10 wrote: DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN TELL THE SINGING SECTION OF NEW IDEAS I HAVE FOR SONGS
RedAction e-mail is [email protected] or there is a mailing list with the yahoo group "redactiongroup" which lots of people in the RedAction section belong to.

gunner67

our new home

Post by gunner67 »

Gooners !! The stadium is amazing. My first visit was last night against Zagreb. It has beeen so well built and in such a short time (when compared to Wembley).
However I was ashamed that the Zagreb supporters out sang us and we were full!! I realise that tickets are expensive, but I couldn't believe that the woman next to me complained at the two lads in front of her standing up and trying to get the south end singing. For goodness sake!!!
WE need to get behind our team and support them, not just when we're winning or have just scored!!! How many fans in the North Bank used to be on their feet motivating people in to singing??
I fear that the move to Emirates may have introduced the football customer, the one that expects to sit and be served - please tell me that the supporter isn't dead? I shouted myself hoarse last night singing for our team!!! It won't be too often that I get to see the Arsenal this season, but when I do I want to shout, sing and jump up and down for them!!! Tell me I'm not alone here.

Fuzzfeast

Post by Fuzzfeast »

I like the stadium but I despise the adverts during the game.

Arsenal FC, I am NOT there to watch your poxy advertisers. If it gets you more money then it's something I would prefer you to go without.

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

why are you watching the adverts? when there's a game of football going on?

Dale8

Post by Dale8 »

The pictures and memorabilia around Highbury wouldnt have been there when Highbury was first built. They were about the times experienced at Highbury. As we achieve new successes and highlights during our time at Ashburton then more and more pictures, photo's, memorabilia etc can be put around the stadium from this new chapter in the history of our club.

Fuzzfeast

Post by Fuzzfeast »

TheOne2Smooth wrote:why are you watching the adverts? when there's a game of football going on?
I'm not watching the adverts at all, but I don't just look at the player who's got the ball. If I am looking to see where other players are and I see something moving, when I look to see what it is then I want it to be another player. If it's something else that has nothing to do with the game then it's not what I want to see.