UNTRUSTWORTHY/DODGY TICKET SELLERS/BUYERS

If you’re after a ticket for an Arsenal game or have one to spare, then let your fellow Gooners know in this section and hopefully you’ll find a match. Please ensure you take the time to read the rules for this section carefully before posting.
I Hate Hleb

UNTRUSTWORTHY/DODGY TICKET SELLERS/BUYERS

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Due to numerous requests, these are the names of people or ticket selling agents, submitted by forum regulars, who are alleged to have let people down, proven untrustworthy or are questionable sources from whom to buy tickets (i.e. touts). We will add to the list as and when people submit names.

Percy Dalton
thegreatone77
'Rutty-B'
joematty7
j_mc20@
Carltonred
Gooner 92
James Murphy
Tommy Smith
Jagdeep Gill
singwordssosad
WmiGooner
bigdouggunner
hawki12
arcadian (suspected tout)
GunnerBrad/Brad Frost
Merson is God
MattTheGooner
BradleyAFC81
CyprusGooner
Zimgooner
Manumit (aka Dee)
Ozil>Silva
@robbocarl82
Last edited by I Hate Hleb on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 14 times in total.

rolypoly

Post by rolypoly »

mr breadhater

this may not be right thread to make this comment but has a connection as it is about gooners disrespecting other gooners.

have seen thread where gooners offering to use their privilege as away scheme members to buy tickets for other gooners for villareal away game.

i think my friends and i will be ok as come into next category with 25 + credits but as there are 1400 away scheme members-so the box office tell me- and an initial allocation of 1550 tickets only it could be a tight call and i would have every right to feel aggrieved if i miss out due to queue jumping. i dont think this forum should be used for that purpose.

what do you think?

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Rolypoly,

Although the ticket threads weren't set-up with that particular consequence in mind, I can understand and sympathise with your point regarding the fear of being queue-jumped by people with less credits than you have accumulated.

Not sure how we could get around it without withdrawing the 'service', which many on here - both buyers and sellers - have found useful and been extremely grateful for. Definately a bit of a moral dilemma. Perhaps gooner.ed would be the best person to take this up.

rolypoly

Post by rolypoly »

simple solution.

nobody can offer to buy for someone else

the main function of the service is to buy and sell unwanted tickets already in possession of seller.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

There would be nothing stopping people sending a PM or an e-mail to each other offering to do the exact same thing (only this would be in private), so I'm not sure your solution would put a total stop to it.

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

easiest way of not being scammed is to meet in person I would assume

lincs123

Post by lincs123 »

Please add gunnerbrad. His name is Brad Frost.
I sold him a stoke ticket for last Sunday, for just £15 and i still haven't been paid.

Brad if your reading this, i will remove this post if you finally bloody pay me.

So angry, keep getting excuse after excuse. His friend, who apparently is the one to pay me, is unresponsive.

So so angry

Simon

Post by Simon »

Sorry to hear of your bad experience mate :( , especially when the price of the ticket was such a bargain.

Having been burnt this way in the past, I honestly think the best way when selling tickets to someone you haven't met before is to insist on advance payment by either bank transfer, or, If you've got a Paypal account you can also ask the buyer to make a a Paypal "Gift" payment. I appreciate this isn't always possible 'tho.

That said my experience with buying and selling with forum regulars/people on the trusted list has always been extremely positive.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

If you're on the good list I'd always ask for payment in advance! Especially if the buyer isn't.

HARLOW GOONER

add to the $hit list please

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

ooops a double post
posted the first one in the wrong place

add MattTheGooner and BradleyAFC81 to the untrustworthies $hit sellers list

both pulled out of requests at expense to me and some friends .

my advise would be - do not do any transactions or favours for them .

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

I've dealt with Gunner Brad before with no problems :/

HARLOW GOONER

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

SWLGooner wrote:I've dealt with Gunner Brad before with no problems :/
I wonder if gunner brad and bradafc81 are one and the same ..... Or do you just have to be karrrnt if you're called brad.

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

HARLOW GOONER wrote:I wonder if gunner brad and bradafc81 are one and the same ..... Or do you just have to be karrrnt if you're called brad.
Haha!
I am pretty sure they ain't! Dont really care tho it's all beyond me ;)

Simon

Post by Simon »

Sad to report that I have to add Zimgooner to the list.

I got him tickets for Villa away and he said he was transferring the money to me straight away, so that I wouldn't be out of pocket. The money has never turned up. No explanation, apology...nothing.

RVP2 has confirmed to me that Zimgooner did the same thing to him too, also for Villa away.

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

May want to add Highbury1965.

Asked to use a membership for Fulham away to add to mine, he provided, when I went to book it said 'already exceeded quota'. Not out of pocket but when you trying to book for a few friends its annoying.

He ended his message with 'Come on You Gunners'