Donation Details for Steve Hope (Charlie!Charlie!)

Share details of Arsenal items for sale (NOT tickets), news of forthcoming events and fundraising with your fellow Gooners here.
marcengels

Post by marcengels »

I'll be saying a prayer today for Steve's family, and those close to him.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Thoughts are with Steve's family and friends

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

SWLGooner wrote:Thoughts are with Steve's family and friends
Mine to.

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

All, the service went very well and I will update with comments from Steves family tomorrow & a few pictures. Sorry but I am both worse for drink and feeling very emotional but I can say that the Gooner generosity has not gone unnoticed.

Cheers Guys and Girls

I love you all :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

MutleyGooner wrote:All, the service went very well and I will update with comments from Steves family tomorrow & a few pictures. Sorry but I am both worse for drink and feeling very emotional but I can say that the Gooner generosity has not gone unnoticed.

Cheers Guys and Girls

Pleased to hear it went well mate

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

MutleyGooner wrote:All, the service went very well and I will update with comments from Steves family tomorrow & a few pictures. Sorry but I am both worse for drink and feeling very emotional but I can say that the Gooner generosity has not gone unnoticed.

Cheers Guys and Girls

Thanks for the update, glad it all went all, all the very best to you all.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Cheers Guys and Girls

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let us know on such an emotional day, Wayne. Very much appreciated, mate. 8)

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Yesterdays funeral service for Steve aka Charlie Charlie was a very emotional day but one that the big man would have been proud of. Steve's daughters, Zara, Charmain & Mia wore their Arsenal shirts and the Arsenal crest was printed on the 'order of service' booklets that were handed out. There were some very moving tributes read out by Steve's Dad, Michael, his daughter Zara & Steve's best friend Jared, the strength they all showed to share with us their thoughts and memories was truely amazing and showed just how much of an impact Steve had made on their lives.

Steves Dad, Michael asked me to pass on his thanks to everyone for their kind words and tributes posted on this forum. Michael told me that he recently spent an evening listening to Steve's favourite band U2, whilst reading through the messages on this forum. Whillst doing so he cried his heart out, both in sorrow at his loss but also due to the warmth shown by you all on here.

In regards to the astounding amount of money that was donated by your goodselves, Michael would like the money left over once the 'Armoury stone' has been purchased to be donated to to Neuro ITU at Queen's Hospital where Steve was treated. I'm sure that you will all agree with his choice.

As has been previously mentioned on here, once the stone is in place we will let you know it's exact location at the ground and once the fixture list for next season is announced, we will look to arrange a meet up where we can all raise a glass in fond memory of our mate Steve, Charlie Charlie :barscarf:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Cheers for the write up Wayne. What a sad loss.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That photo is heart breaking but somehow reassuring and heart warming too. If the stuff on here gave ChazX2's dad even one little moment of comfort to know his son was so loved then I'm just really glad. Cheers for the post and the photo, Wayne.

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:That photo is heart breaking but somehow reassuring and heart warming too. If the stuff on here gave ChazX2's dad even one little moment of comfort to know his son was so loved then I'm just really glad. Cheers for the post and the photo, Wayne.
I agree.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Thanks for the write up Wayno

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I can only echo what Mutley has already said.

A very emotional day but heartening words from Steve's Dad with regards to this website and the fantastic generosity and warmth shown.

OMM is close to fianlising in his mind the words for the stone and then we can order this.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Well done for the post Mutley,and well done for being there,(Percy and OMM too), for Steve and his Family.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Last edited by Rugby Gooner on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by 1886 »

Excellent flowers and a very touching write up, Mutley. Well done to everyone that has been involved in this.