The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Chippy

Re: EU referendum - What will you vote?

Post by Chippy »

After Theresa May's weasel words today.

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/vide ... r-us-video

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Wonder what the odds are on England, Wales and N.Ireland being knocked out of Euro '16 before the Brexit vote on 23 June?

Sean

Post by Sean »

I can see the threats from the Americans to stay in 'or else' going down well :roll:

I still am and always will be 100% OUT 8) :barscarf:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Sean wrote:I can see the threats from the Americans to stay in 'or else' going down well :roll:

again that will back fire, obama is a lame duck and many others in the us have jumped in and said hes talking rubbish and uk would be at front of queue for trade agreement, and obama had no right to stick his nose in, and that the special relationship would very much remain in place regardless of in or out. In addition the much vaunted trade deal with the EU/US that we will miss out on is apparently a load of cack and both sides not happy with it.

add to the fact further expansion of the EU to albania, serbia and turkey!!! will destroy europe i think its pretty logical to get out whilst we can

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sean wrote:I can see the threats from the Americans to stay in 'or else' going down well :roll:

again that will back fire, obama is a lame duck and many others in the us have jumped in and said hes talking rubbish and uk would be at front of queue for trade agreement, and obama had no right to stick his nose in, and that the special relationship would very much remain in place regardless of in or out. In addition the much vaunted trade deal with the EU/US that we will miss out on is apparently a load of cack and both sides not happy with it.

add to the fact further expansion of the EU to albania, serbia and turkey!!! will destroy europe i think its pretty logical to get out whilst we can[/quote]

The news of this being fast forwarded should be a game changer in the way the country votes. Having had half my family become refugees at the hands of Turkey, it certainly changes my thoughts on the matter.
To add having read about the Trans-Pacific Partnership you can understand why Obama supports the "stay in" vote

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Sean

Post by Sean »

I just seen a bunch of In-ers canvassing at the Angel. One of them accosted me at the bus-stop after haranguing another man. I told her I'd be voting OUT and wouldn't be changing my mind. She asked why and I answered that I wanted my country in charge of it's own affairs. She still offered me a leaflet, which I refused. She said it was a global world - not giving me time to respond that we did alright on our own for about nine centuries - before moving on to her next victim, a bloke from Asia. He didn't know what to vote for and the In-er proceeded to give him a crash course in European history. She implied that staying in the EU would prevent wars, which is utter bollocks given what happened in Yugoslavia (similarly, the UN is useless due to the situation in the Middle East). I ended up having to move to another bus stop to catch the bus home. It was insufferable.

I take hope from seeing that the In-er canvassers stall was hardly mobbed by passers by.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Out

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

For those of you saying we could be just like Switzerland or Norway...

https://fullfact.org/europe/norway-switzerland-eu-laws/

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:Out
About time mate.

:cheekkiss: :barscarf:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Anyone changes their minds from their first thoughts? The more I hear, the more my resolve to vote leave.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

casgooner wrote:Anyone changes their minds from their first thoughts? The more I hear, the more my resolve to vote leave.
Yeah, Dave Cameron changed his mind from leave in 2014 to stay in 2016.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Clearly I don't have a vote, but I would vote out if I did.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Yeah, Dave Cameron changed his mind from leave in 2014 to stay in 2016.

Jeremy Corbyn did something similar too ,
I can't help wondering who is preparing for their future on the great EU gravy train.

KaQaK

Post by KaQaK »

WOW, I mean WOW...

I was not aware we are hated so much! I guess you probably don't want any of us (Albanians) in here neither?

I live in Kosovo, and do you have any idea how i grew up? My whole 40 years were like prison, and we still don't have free movement. What's wrong with me being able to move freely or being able to visit UK. The only place I can go without visa is Albania, do any of you have any idea how hard it is for us. In 2014/2015 I was rejected in more than 200 job positions across Europe (mostly in Germany). The worst one was: despite your superb education and experience, you are not coming in question for the position. I end up again going back to hell, to secure better future for my kids.

None of you is better than any of us, nor are we better, we are just different from one another, there is a lot we can learn from each other, for the sake of better future. I am deeply disappointed what I have read in this topic, but it is your opinion and i respect that. I have never been in EU nor UK, I just don't understand why do we deserve to be hated!?!?! Just because I'm an Albanian, Serbian, Turk or any other hated nation?