The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Theoperator

Re: EU referendum - how shit is this thread??

Post by Theoperator »

Nursing will become a shortage specialty so all can come in- Phillipino nurses have been recruited for some while. This from Oct 16 Rob

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14784304 ... re_nurses/

Its a world market not an EU one- we should have the say. In the past it was the Commonweath where we filled shortages from. Many regret that cut off and favour to Europe- we overall have a lot more in common with the Commonwealth, language in particular Dont forget the German Doctor who killed a patient by giving the wrong dose of an unfamiliar drug (Allegedly possibly ) . The ethics of any recruitment is another matter. Its a very complex area, but to say Brexit will cause a problem is being simplistic.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:The NHS has been strapped for cash for as long as I can remember , and successive governments have followed the Merkyl plan and imported ready made people rather than train our own. This is nothing new and definitely nothing to do with leaving the E.U. it's been going on for years . Agency staff costs more , The staff on the wards when I was in 5 years ago were mainly from agencies the only other people I saw were wandering around with clip boards holding impromptu meetings behind the nurses station. Frequently there were more of them than actual nurses.
yes I know the NHS has always been strapped for cash (and after six years of a Tory government clearly it is going to be hurting) BUT leaving the EU is just going to make everything even WORSE. This is what I am saying - it is unnecessary SELF HARM !

And you are talking about FIVE years ago, and so I am afraid you are completely out of touch.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... plnews_d-2

" in the last four months of 2015, an average of 797 EU nurses per month signed up to work in the UK; over the same period last year, that number fell to 194 a month."

"We have an ageing population with complex needs. One in three nurses is set to retire in the next decade"

"This shortage had been plugged by about 7% of our nurses coming from the EU. If we fail to train nurses that’s how it has to be. This is where so much Brexit rhetoric falls apart. While Theresa May talks tough, refusing to guarantee EU nationals a right to stay, these nurses feel neither wanted nor welcome and will understandably go elsewhere"
Only 7%? Im surprised so few

Being out of the EU allows people of other nationalities to work here too, if we have a shortage of nurses then Indians or New Zealanders are as welcome as anyone from the EU. Coming out of the EU doesn't mean immigration stops it means we can control how many people of ANY/EVERY nationality come in

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Mybe they should've let anyone over 15 vote there's no way they would have voted to leave the EU
And brexit would never have happened..........or would it who knows :twisted:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:Can someone please explain to me how if we leave the EU we wont be able to recruit the people we need for the NHS etc, i'm fairly sure from the times i've been in hospital quite a few of our staff are not from the EU :?

Typical Remain voters twisting the truth, nothing about leaving the EU stops us recruiting the workers we need from anywhere in the world including the EU, if we need them. What it does do is target the countries workforce needs in terms of immigration as opposed to having everyone and anyone from the EU able to come and work in the country, in fact it puts the EU workers on the exact same level as the rest of the world, now correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that equality? I really cannot see the problem with this.
Spot on Muzz. Until she sadly passed away last month my wife and I had to take her mother for dialysis three times a week. The ward is staffed by around thirty nurses and ancillary staff in shifts who are all very caring and professional. Two of them are Hungarian, one Finnish and one Austrian. The rest of them are from the Phillipines, Thailand or China so there was no problem for them to come here to work and no suggestion that this situation will change. It's just a convenient sound bite for the Guardian set to suggest otherwise.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -thinktank

1 in 10 of the UK's doctors is an EU national.
since this article was published they have largely stopped coming.

the UK is not training enough people to be doctors due to the Conservative party cuts
the Conservative party wants to kill off the NHS and it is succeeding

as I keep saying, the NHS is dying and instead of spending money on it that money is instead being diverted into trying to ensure Brexit happens - which will only benefit the RICH in society.
the UK is facing levels of poverty and lack of public services that we have not seen for decades. well done Brexiteers :banghead:
More horseshit
firstly anyone who has been in the uk for more than 5 years can apply for citizenship so nobodu will have to leave if they chose to stay
Yes the tory party is killing the nhs ,has fuck all to do with brexit
The rich ELITE in this country wanted us to stay IN europe as did the IMF world Bank all of which are unhealthy cabals ,getting out might give us more freedoms !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Listening to Salmond and Clegg last night it became obvious that their intentions are not to facilitate the best deal for the country but to prevaricate and fillibuster for as long as they can. There is little evidence that they are listening to opposing argument , they have their mantra and they are sticking to it. Throughout last nights question time Clegg kept making demands that currently are not possible. They seem to ignore that there are two sides to a negotiation and taking into account that Junker ,Tusk, and Verhofstadt, have made things quite clear that there would be no negotiation until after Article 50 was enacted all their rhetoric about no progress having been made on the subject of the status of E.U nationals really holds no water.The E.U man Barnier is also clear that at the moment access to the single market means accepting 4 tenets of E.U law. Free access for all E.U citizens, The customs union , Services and goods and the Euro courts . The remainers can demand as much as they like but these are the basis of the next two years talks and they have to accept that it's not wholly in the power of the British side to promise any more than that they will try. They can set out their intentions , their objectives but they can't guarantee the outcome .
Whilst this is all that Benn and Clegg,Farren et al can add to the conversation it's no wonder that people trying to set out a plan stop listening because after all talking to a wall rarely gets results.

Herd

Post by Herd »

A11M11 wrote:Listening to Salmond and Clegg last night it became obvious that their intentions are not to facilitate the best deal for the country but to prevaricate and fillibuster for as long as they can. There is little evidence that they are listening to opposing argument , they have their mantra and they are sticking to it. Throughout last nights question time Clegg kept making demands that currently are not possible. They seem to ignore that there are two sides to a negotiation and taking into account that Junker ,Tusk, and Verhofstadt, have made things quite clear that there would be no negotiation until after Article 50 was enacted all their rhetoric about no progress having been made on the subject of the status of E.U nationals really holds no water.The E.U man Barnier is also clear that at the moment access to the single market means accepting 4 tenets of E.U law. Free access for all E.U citizens, The customs union , Services and goods and the Euro courts . The remainers can demand as much as they like but these are the basis of the next two years talks and they have to accept that it's not wholly in the power of the British side to promise any more than that they will try. They can set out their intentions , their objectives but they can't guarantee the outcome .
Whilst this is all that Benn and Clegg,Farren et al can add to the conversation it's no wonder that people trying to set out a plan stop listening because after all talking to a wall rarely gets results.
Clegg is a has been who sold out his parties values for a whiff of power .
Question Time is a fraud infotainment program and Dimbleby not only knows it he takes part . He knows who to bring in for questions by the so called audience because they are plants from the various political parties . There is no political debate in this country just narrow channels to force us down . Salmond lost labour the last election with his running Wesminster from Scotland jibe ! He is another irrelevant clown !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The liberals have had a whiff of power as you say , but has beens ? maybe not. They can see Labour in total disarray and realise that there are 15 million plus voters that wanted to remain and they are trying to tap into that market.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

A11M11 wrote:Listening to Salmond and Clegg last night it became obvious that their intentions are not to facilitate the best deal for the country but to prevaricate and fillibuster for as long as they can. There is little evidence that they are listening to opposing argument , they have their mantra and they are sticking to it. Throughout last nights question time Clegg kept making demands that currently are not possible. They seem to ignore that there are two sides to a negotiation and taking into account that Junker ,Tusk, and Verhofstadt, have made things quite clear that there would be no negotiation until after Article 50 was enacted all their rhetoric about no progress having been made on the subject of the status of E.U nationals really holds no water.The E.U man Barnier is also clear that at the moment access to the single market means accepting 4 tenets of E.U law. Free access for all E.U citizens, The customs union , Services and goods and the Euro courts . The remainers can demand as much as they like but these are the basis of the next two years talks and they have to accept that it's not wholly in the power of the British side to promise any more than that they will try. They can set out their intentions , their objectives but they can't guarantee the outcome .
This ^
I have just been watching the pc selected group of Remoaners crying into their Lattes on Victoria Derbyshire.
It's not fair,Daddy promised me that I would always get what I want attitude. :roll:
As for Sturgeon and Salmond,maybe the English should have a vote in our Parliament on our independence,
Oh I forgot,we are the only country in the U.K. that hasn't got an independent parliament,we just have to subsidise all the others. :banghead:
:unionjack:
Last edited by Rugby Gooner on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I just think the leavers all have a very narrow mindset.

Look I am as patriotic as anyone, I have flags of St George up where I live, and mostly don't really like a lot of other europeans.
But I can see that the benefits of being in the EU far outweigh being outside it. Because I see the benefits of the EU you leavers seem to think that I see myself as EUROPEAN. Far from it I see myself as BRITISH and would like to see Great Britain retain its power and influence in Europe.

This just aint gonna happen being outside the EU.
Brexit is going to mean we become poorer, weaker and have very little influence in Europe and the world.
Becoming poorer means less spending on the things that matter to the country, and so the poorest in society are going to be even worse off.

Brexit is just going to benefit the right wing elite in the UK, the right wing of the Tories, UKIP and their right wing friends in the press.
If you think otherwise then you are deluding yourselves - Brexit has all been based so far on lie after lie.

Today is a terrible day for the country.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:I just think the leavers all have a very narrow mindset.

Look I am as patriotic as anyone, I have flags of St George up where I live, and mostly don't really like a lot of other europeans.
But I can see that the benefits of being in the EU far outweigh being outside it. Because I see the benefits of the EU you leavers seem to think that I see myself as EUROPEAN. Far from it I see myself as BRITISH and would like to see Great Britain retain its power and influence in Europe.

This just aint gonna happen being outside the EU.
Brexit is going to mean we become poorer, weaker and have very little influence in Europe and the world.
Becoming poorer means less spending on the things that matter to the country, and so the poorest in society are going to be even worse off.

Brexit is just going to benefit the right wing elite in the UK, the right wing of the Tories, UKIP and their right wing friends in the press.
If you think otherwise then you are deluding yourselves - Brexit has all been based so far on lie after lie.

Today is a terrible day for the country.
NO today is stay out of Supermarkets day :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

I am from Islington ,we have a non aggression pact with Camden the City of London and Hackney ,beyond that its all foreign to me !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:you mean that group of senile OAPs with their views stuck in the 1950s,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Attenborough

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:you mean that group of senile OAPs with their views stuck in the 1950s,
Flash,you forgot to mention that everybody who voted to leave also didn't understand what they were doing,have the I.Q.s of single celled amoebas,and are fascist racists. :D :wink: :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Flash,you forgot to mention that everybody who voted to leave also didn't understand what they were doing,have the I.Q.s of single celled amoebas,and are fascist racists. :D :wink: :banghead:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That all goes without saying :wink: