The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

nut flush gooner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:06 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:50 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 am
things get better and better in Brexit land :roll:

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/eu ... 30217.html
foreign direct investment into Britain has collapsed, plummeting from a net £120bn in the first half of last year to a net outflow of £25bn this year.
It's pointless highlighting this Rob, most contributors to this thread don't understand how much damage Brexit does to the FDI not just from European countries but further afield.

I said this would be an issue over a year ago but those in denial won't believe anything negative that is said about the effect of Brexit on our economy until it's proven. Well those pigeons are slowly coming home to roost. Soon we will start to have a confirmation of major institutions leaving the city when our passporting rights have been removed.
What has Brexit got to do with the American Police organisation. I think your remainers are grasping at straws
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Superb. 8)
You are easily pleased DB10.

This is proper comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxyxWpDuiZ4

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:22 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:06 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:50 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am

foreign direct investment into Britain has collapsed, plummeting from a net £120bn in the first half of last year to a net outflow of £25bn this year.
It's pointless highlighting this Rob, most contributors to this thread don't understand how much damage Brexit does to the FDI not just from European countries but further afield.

I said this would be an issue over a year ago but those in denial won't believe anything negative that is said about the effect of Brexit on our economy until it's proven. Well those pigeons are slowly coming home to roost. Soon we will start to have a confirmation of major institutions leaving the city when our passporting rights have been removed.
What has Brexit got to do with the American Police organisation. I think your remainers are grasping at straws
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Superb. 8)
You are easily pleased DB10.

This is proper comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxyxWpDuiZ4
Haha love him. 8) Very few (maybe just him and Mil ton Jones) can pull off that one-liner, pun and deadpan based humour. He used to be on Mock The Week alot and was always hilarious - but he's hardly ever on it nowdays, more of a younger hipster bastard element on there now... :|

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The OECD must be right, just as it was on the disaster if we did not join the Euro,not to mention and the immediate economic disaster following a leave vote. The same OECD that gets money from the E.U to finance it's propaganda .
It's a think tank that makes predictions and has a record for getting them wrong. No surprise though that the political wing of the remain campaign ( The BBC ) gave it so much air time.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:03 pm
The OECD must be right, just as it was on the disaster if we did not join the Euro,not to mention and the immediate economic disaster following a leave vote. The same OECD that gets money from the E.U to finance it's propaganda .
It's a think tank that makes predictions and has a record for getting them wrong. No surprise though that the political wing of the remain campaign ( The BBC ) gave it so much air time.
The trouble is you are making yourself look a bit stupid because the economic predictions are starting to come true now.

Incomes are not rising, yet there is rising inflation. People are realising that their standard of living is declining.

Funnily enough the Leave campaign said that by now the EU would be disintegrating, unfortunately it is not, it is doing fine. We are the big losers, the laughing stock of the world - all thanks to people like you who thought that they knew better.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Still in denial? Why do you need the OECD to give your confirmation bias more fuel, ie all these organisations have a vested interest in putting down the UK versus the EU.

Amazing timing there, inflation confirmed at 3% today all due to the fall in the pound. Meanwhile in mainland Europe inflation is almost half ours. That means our standard of living is being eroded (given wages are nowhere near increasing at 3%).

Interest rates predicted to rise albeit not that much initially. So the squeeze has begun, the chancellor is short of a few bob too, so he needs to find money to pay for social care for the elderly etc, and you know where he is going to start, yes with your house amongst other things.

Edit, I just realised I am saying pretty much the same thing as Rob has already done. I guess it needs to be said twice to hammer it home!

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:24 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Still in denial? Why do you need the OECD to give your confirmation bias more fuel, ie all these organisations have a vested interest in putting down the UK versus the EU.

Amazing timing there, inflation confirmed at 3% today all due to the fall in the pound. Meanwhile in mainland Europe inflation is almost half ours. That means our standard of living is being eroded (given wages are nowhere near increasing at 3%).

Interest rates predicted to rise albeit not that much initially. So the squeeze has begun, the chancellor is short of a few bob too, so he needs to find money to pay for social care for the elderly etc, and you know where he is going to start, yes with your house amongst other things.

Edit, I just realised I am saying pretty much the same thing as Rob has already done. I guess it needs to be said twice to hammer it home!
I will,"hammer something home again," as well. DON'T FUCKING VOTE! How much more of this vested interest, Capitalist ,total disrespect for the voting system that they claim to revere so much, do you need to witness to realise that ANY so called democratic vote that they don't agree with, or accept will be obfuscated,ignored and cast aside.
Use your power of non-violent direct action,do not participate in this fucking sham. :twisted: :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The value of the pound is affected by uncertainty in the money markets . Until Brexit is finally achieved there will be uncertainty because the gamblers that buy and sell currency react to every negative that they can find. Every speech by Carney , Hammond , Rudd , Starmer and now Bercow is music to their ears and creates the ""uncertainty "" that affects the currency.
Britain will leave the E.U but not in the way that the average leaver wanted. Gradually it is being watered down it is more a change of emphasis than a direct action. The negotiations with Barnier need to be held with the full support of parliament but whilst the negotiators are having to look over their shoulders for approaching knives from their own party members, the Uncertainty will remain. However If and when the process is concluded the pound will rise and fall as it has previously on the performance of the country. Only then will we know whether things will look up or whether your woe woe and three times woe attitude will prevail.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:20 pm
The value of the pound is affected by uncertainty in the money markets . Until Brexit is finally achieved there will be uncertainty because the gamblers that buy and sell currency react to every negative that they can find. Every speech by Carney , Hammond , Rudd , Starmer and now Bercow is music to their ears and creates the ""uncertainty "" that affects the currency.
Britain will leave the E.U but not in the way that the average leaver wanted. Gradually it is being watered down it is more a change of emphasis than a direct action. The negotiations with Barnier need to be held with the full support of parliament but whilst the negotiators are having to look over their shoulders for approaching knives from their own party members, the Uncertainty will remain. However If and when the process is concluded the pound will rise and fall as it has previously on the performance of the country. Only then will we know whether things will look up or whether your woe woe and three times woe attitude will prevail.
It's nothing to do with uncertainty in the markets, it's a reflection on the strength of a countries economy.

What makes you think speculating on currency is gambling? There are many people both institutionally and individually that understand what affects markets and use this knowledge to make money. It's not like putting a tenner on a three legged donkey in the 2:50 at Chepstow.

Speeches by politicians are irrelevant, all politicians can do is to try and strengthen an economy by using fiscal policies. A 30-minute speech by the chancellor isn't going to get the pound to pre-referendum levels. I did chuckle when you mentioned Bercow, is it true every time he shouts "order" or "in wenger we trust" that the pound gets a jolt ;).

The decision to leave the EU was made by the people, hence if the economy weakens it is not unreasonable to put the blame on each and every one of these people who didn't think about the bigger picture.

With regards to the nature of Brexit, have you not learned how much damage this whole process has already done to this countries economy, not to mention its standing in the world and image it has created to the very countries we are looking to court with future trade deals.

They should change this thread from the "I told you so" to the "still in denial" one.

Of course, the vote was nothing to do with the economy though was it, more like prejudicial issues that quite a lot of people in this country seem to have.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/leav ... 46421.html

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Shame really peddling the racist theme again thought that we had got past that.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:08 pm
Shame really peddling the racist theme again thought that we had got past that.
The referendum was won by 2%, if 10% of brexiteers are prejudiced do you think they will vote in the best interests of the country or what suits their personal agenda. As for peddling the racist theme, the survey says a lot. Its not even from a left wing newspaper.

Rather than picking at what you think are the weak points in my argument why don't you reply to everything I have said or just admit you don't know what you're talking about. The stuff you've written about sterling suggests so.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

This is the first time in months that I've visited these pages. I could have predicted that Nutty would still be spouting shite about Brexit. I would not have been wrong.
"If 10%" of Brexiteers were "prejudiced" is a truly idiotic statement/assertion/guess.
It's also highly insulting to the majority of UK voters.
Nutty you have every right to believe in the opinions of EU funded think tanks and other opinions from people with vested interests or people with genuine concerns.
You have no right at all to paint 10% of the population as prejudiced/xenophobic/racist.

nut flush gooner

olgitgooner wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:41 pm
This is the first time in months that I've visited these pages. I could have predicted that Nutty would still be spouting shite about Brexit. I would not have been wrong.
"If 10%" of Brexiteers were "prejudiced" is a truly idiotic statement/assertion/guess.
It's also highly insulting to the majority of UK voters.
Nutty you have every right to believe in the opinions of EU funded think tanks and other opinions from people with vested interests or people with genuine concerns.
You have no right at all to paint 10% of the population as prejudiced/xenophobic/racist.
That wasn't an assertion. It was a mathematical statement about how people can't have voted in the best interests of the country if they harbour prejudicial views. Don't question my theoretical figure, look at the surveys, they are out there and plain to see. I have given the evening standard survey a 22% margin for error. Sorry even the pollsters don't get it that wrong.

Good to see your reading skills haven't improved. Amazing how people get a chip on their shoulder when they get lumped in with people who are prejudiced. Before you come back at me, I am not saying you personally are prejudiced but a lot of your fellow brexiteers are. Hell we've even seen it on this forum the day after the vote!

I said over a year ago having a weak currency would have an impact on our standard of living, the data is now out there prices are rising faster than wages by a long way. Being in the EU isn't utopia, it isn't perfect but our standing in the world has been much damaged by this whole process. When are brexiteers finally going to realise this.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

In 2014 the OECD received €380,249 (£306,784.89) from the European Commission
In 2015 the OECD received €32,898,142 (£23,884,051.09) from the European Commission
In 2016 the OECD received €44,752,859 (£36,066,329.07) from the European Commission

And their interests lie where ?

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:05 am
In 2015 the OECD received €32,898,142 (£23,884,051.09) from the European Commission
In 2016 the OECD received €44,752,859 (£36,066,329.07) from the European Commission

Amazing how you manage to sidetrack the discussion.

What the OECD says is irrelevant, let's look at the hard facts that have been raised in this discussion and verified by the UK government over the last few days, or do you dismiss what they say as well?

You still also haven't replied to my questioning of your currency theories.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:05 am

You are wasting your breath :blah: :blah: :blah

The EU model is broken...