Short holiday destination ?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: Short holiday destination ?

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote:Corfu, Crete Rhodes (In parts) Corsica or Southern France mainland if you arent wanting as long a flight, all are warm, water sports and lots to see & do.
Rodders and "little Rodders" have just awoken... :worried:

:lol: :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

If you're only looking to travel a couple of hours, do some watersports and get the whole thing done for less than, let's say £500 I have the perfect solution for you................

You can drive up to Essex and piss on Mrs Spuddy (provided you give me the cash in advance) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

SPUDMASHER wrote:If you're only looking to travel a couple of hours, do some watersports and get the whole thing done for less than, let's say £500 I have the perfect solution for you................

You can drive up to Essex and piss on Mrs Spuddy (provided you give me the cash in advance) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Already have, cheers.
She was the one with the Dettol, right?

:?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Dubrovnik seems like a great place to go.

I would say Malaga as it's pretty nice but maybe too close to your resort destinations.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Have you thought about going to Dubrovnik maybe Stuart? I've heard good things :lol:

Going to Prague for 5 days in June, can't wait. Looking forward to not being dragged down to the beach/poolside to lie there for 8 hours a day. Not really my thing. Although saying that I went all-inclusive to Turkey (not far from Alanya) 2 years ago and it was absolutely superb, especially for the price we paid.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SPUDMASHER wrote:If you're only looking to travel a couple of hours, do some watersports and get the whole thing done for less than, let's say £500 I have the perfect solution for you................

PM'd :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:Have you thought about going to Dubrovnik maybe Stuart? I've heard good things :lol:

Going to Prague for 5 days in June, can't wait. Looking forward to not being dragged down to the beach/poolside to lie there for 8 hours a day. Not really my thing. Although saying that I went all-inclusive to Turkey (not far from Alanya) 2 years ago and it was absolutely superb, especially for the price we paid.

It looks like by common consensus that I may be going there :) Cheers all.

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

Ryanair will open a new base in Germany, Cologne, in October 2014

including new routes to Dublin & Stansted

http://www.iii.co.uk/research/LSE:RYA/n ... base-no-68

Get ready for having lots of Glühwein at Cologne's X-mas markets and perhaps watch some Bundesliga football in Cologne as well. 8)

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Poldi wrote:Ryanair will open a new base in Germany, Cologne, in October 2014

Get ready for having lots of Glühwein at Cologne's X-mas markets and perhaps watch some Bundesliga football in Cologne as well. 8)

Here's a tip for you.
Fly over Cologne and go on to Dresden. Widely recognised as the best Christmas markets in Germany and a beautiful place too. Much better than Cologne.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

I 2nd Dubrovnik, Sounds ideal for what your after, Although im not sure you could stay entertained for 10 days there, Maybe 5 days there and 5 days somewhere else?

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Rosie_titters wrote:
StuartL wrote:Looking to go away for a week or 10 days to somewhere to grab some sunshine in Europe, probably late June or early July and looking for some inspiration. (kids won't have broken up from school and will be cheaper)

Ideal
Short flying time - don't want to waste a day just to get there.
Hot, without being stifling.
Sandy Beaches.
Things to see / do (excursions)
Watersports
decent food - happy to try local cuisine.

Not wanted

Typical Brits abroad
Bingo / Kareoke

SO any suggestions / recommendations please :D

Ireland :D :D

Need to be careful with that one though.

DB10 went there for a break once and he was so short they kept him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Cleethorpes ,its got everything the greasy dago's have got and you dont have to speak the bloody language ! :mrgreen:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Poldi wrote:Ryanair will open a new base in Germany, Cologne, in October 2014

Here's a tip for you.
Fly over Cologne and go on to Dresden. Widely recognised as the best Christmas markets in Germany and a beautiful place too. Much better than Cologne.
Dresden is beltin' but I like Cologne a lot too, nice places. Who recommended Prague? Nice place but I was there this time last year & the one thing that sticks in my mind is seeing a guy just casually curling out a steaming shit in the middle of the pavement at about 2 in the afternoon....

:lol: :lol:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

has anyone been to Salou or Tenerife?.. Any tips on what to see and and best hotels i don't trust tripadvisor :D :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

Salou is fucking awful ,the benidorm of catalunia and right next to the wonderful refinery of Tarragona .
Full of dutch English and locals who flock there ,its ok for a night and has a great amusment park with great rides out but I wouldn't want to stay there .
Up the road in Torredembarra they have nice beaches fewer people !
Tenerife ,benidorm of the canaries ,to be avoided at all costs !