THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:
officepest wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:Was hoping for Izzy and Matt to be included. Don't like Steven Adler
No Izzy = no deal.

Yes, Adler is crap (plus he can barely speak now); but he kinda suited their style.
I actually always preferred Adler to Sorum. Adler was a rock n roll drummer, Sorum is a technical drummer. GnR were a loose rock n roll band so Adler deffo suited their style, particularly the Appetite stuff. But last I saw of him he could barely keep time after his drug fueled stroke. :|

Be interesting to see how long the reunion lasts... :rubchin:
I’m not a huge fan of GnR; but “Appetite” is definitely in my top 10 albums. There’s just something quintessentially Rock n Roll about a bunch of near-as-dammit tramps performing gigs at the drop of a hat just to scrape together enough coin for some dreadful cheap booze, smack and the possibility of a quick bash with a groupie.

That record (with classic line-up) stomps from start to finish, and is the only hair-rock album you’ll ever need. 8) *

*Apart from Sweet Child of Mine; that blows. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
officepest wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:Was hoping for Izzy and Matt to be included. Don't like Steven Adler
No Izzy = no deal.

Yes, Adler is crap (plus he can barely speak now); but he kinda suited their style.
I actually always preferred Adler to Sorum. Adler was a rock n roll drummer, Sorum is a technical drummer. GnR were a loose rock n roll band so Adler deffo suited their style, particularly the Appetite stuff. But last I saw of him he could barely keep time after his drug fueled stroke. :|

There's Youtube footage of Adler in rehab,he's fucking lost it,its actually a great advert for staying off heroin,it is pretty scary footage,he has no clue where he is and can barely talk,

Yeah for me Izzy has to be in,

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
officepest wrote:
No Izzy = no deal.

There's Youtube footage of Adler in rehab,he's fucking lost it,its actually a great advert for staying off heroin,it is pretty scary footage,he has no clue where he is and can barely talk,

Yeah for me Izzy has to be in,
Yeah Adler's demise is sad. Saw him on some celebrity Rehab reality show a few years back and it was pitiful how fucked up he was.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Welcome To The Jungle - TOTALLY Rocks!..One of the best opening tracks to any rock album ever!

Image Image Image Image

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

OneBardGooner wrote:Welcome To The Jungle - TOTALLY Rocks!..One of the best opening tracks to any rock album ever!

Image Image Image Image
Beutiful emoticons mate :high5: :high5: :high5:

And yeah, Welcome to the Jungle rocks, smashy me old mate.
:oops: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd

Post by Herd »

I was never a big rod stewart fan but my voice has gone a bit gravely due to to much booze n fags so im getting into some vintage Rod at the moment ,Gasoline Alley,Every picture tells a story,never a dull moment .
I did Italian girls and pool hall richard at my farewell party in Sing which went down well !
Singing Faith Healer and one of the lads in Hamburg for the Bollocks brothers in Hamburg in June !
Fat Old *word censored* Rocks !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

OneBardGooner wrote:Fwank must be Proud....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35276202

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Saw it at the time fella.... I love Squeeze but unfortunately even with the publicity they got from this the single bombed big time!!!

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Went to see Toseland on monday, James Toseland 2 x super bike champion married to the lovely Katie Melula (Who also was at the gig) Supported by Colour of Noise really good new band.

Total price £8

Inglorious brilliant album by the band Inglorious - singer sounds like coverdale and plant rolled into 1

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dead Can Dance - Anastasis (2012)

8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiDNf8trWn8

8)

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Anyone heard Disturbed rendition of sounds of Silence? It's really powerful.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lROruo8G7Yo
Watch this unpretentious brilliance, no wanker page or blackmore capes just the best that ever lived. As hendrix said when asked how it felt to be the greatest rock guitarist on the planet, he replied "you should be asking Rory Gallagher that question" :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Axl Rose confirmed as temporary lead singer for AC/DC. Part of me is thinking wtf hell no, but i also think lets have a look it may not be that bad. Kind of know what rubber necks looking at a car crash feels like now. Its not going to be a good sight but ill have to watch anyway.