THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
arseofacrow

Re: THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

Post by arseofacrow »

Get Out

What a great film! Loved it! Social commentary, horror, humour....and didn't go on forever :)

Very good cast with performances to match.

:barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Watch and Cringe.
phpBB [video]

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

John Wick Chapter 2 - What the fuck. :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Frankie Boyle.....Ohhh! What Fun. :barscarf: :lol:

phpBB [video]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SPOILER FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NOT SEEN SCHINDLER'S LIST!!!

I would guess that most on here have seen the movie 'Schindler's List', I have often wondered why
in the closing scene why survivor's and/or their representatives are seen putting stones on his grave...?

I asked a guy in the office he is Hebrew (lapsed) and he thought it was something to do with 'Stones lasting longer than flowers in terms of memories etc?

Anyone on here know anything different or can confirm that? :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:44 pm

I would guess that most on here have seen the movie 'Schindler's List', I have often wondered why
in the closing scene why survivor's and/or their representatives are seen putting stones on his grave...?

I asked a guy in the office he is Hebrew (lapsed) and he thought it was something to do with 'Stones lasting longer than flowers in terms of memories etc?

My Israeli mate Yev (also lapsed) reckons it's not really known why. He says there are numerous theories like; the stone symbolises keeping the spirit in place so it won't terrorise the living, or stones lasting longer than flowers so they symbolise a long memory of the dead, or that flowers were viewed as pagan so stones crept in because the original Jewish alter of Abraham was made of stone...

The one he likes the most is it comes from the inscription on many Jewish gravestones “teheye nishmato tsrurah b’tsror ha- chayyim” a phrase that can translate as “May his soul be bound up in the bonds of eternal life.” The word "tsror" in Hebrew can also translate as a "pebble".

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

My Israeli mate Yev (also lapsed) reckons it's not really known why. He says there are numerous theories like; the stone symbolises keeping the spirit in place so it won't terrorise the living, or stones lasting longer than flowers so they symbolise a long memory of the dead, or that flowers were viewed as pagan so stones crept in because the original Jewish alter of Abraham was made of stone...

The one he likes the most is it comes from the inscription on many Jewish gravestones “teheye nishmato tsrurah b’tsror ha- chayyim” a phrase that can translate as “May his soul be bound up in the bonds of eternal life.” The word "tsror" in Hebrew can also translate as a "pebble".
Cheers mate! :high5:

It's funny really as I thought that saying "teheye nishmato tsrurah b’tsror ha- chayyim" meant

Wenger is forever so you izz all fuckked up the Khyber.. But Hey we live and learn hih!...

:rubchin:

Actually hold when I say "we" That doesn't include the moronic daywalker AKB's who still think wenger is the Messiah.

Seriously though the ending of that film is well ard not to get teary & blurry eyes at... :oops: <phew> The image of that poor child/boy hiding in the sewage/latrines....shaking with fear... :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

Cheers mate! :high5:

It's funny really as I thought that saying "teheye nishmato tsrurah b’tsror ha- chayyim" meant

Wenger is forever so you izz all fuckked up the Khyber.. But Hey we live and learn hih!...

:rubchin:

Actually hold when I say "we" That doesn't include the moronic daywalker AKB's who still think wenger is the Messiah.

Seriously though the ending of that film is well ard not to get teary & blurry eyes at... :oops: <phew> The image of that poor child/boy hiding in the sewage/latrines....shaking with fear... :cry:
It was a great film alright. Everyone should watch it at least once.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Saw an Ad Poster for "DUNKIRK" this morning - Released into Cinema's 21st July, the few reviews I've read/heard all rate this highly. It will have to go something to match the like's of Saving Private Ryan and the epic Band of Brothers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:59 pm
Saw an Ad Poster for "DUNKIRK" this morning - Released into Cinema's 21st July, the few reviews I've read/heard all rate this highly. It will have to go something to match the like's of Saving Private Ryan and the epic Band of Brothers.
Harry cunting Styles is in it so I won't be watching the fucking thing. :banghead: :roll: :censored:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

arseofacrow wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:29 am
Get Out

What a great film! Loved it! Social commentary, horror, humour....and didn't go on forever :)

Don't like horror but that was a great film.

Despicable Me 3 is awesome, taking the boy to Spiderman Homecoming saturday afternoon

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:59 pm
Harry cunting Styles is in it so I won't be watching the fucking thing. :banghead: :roll: :censored:
Who he?

Just googled him and you're right he does look a cunnt. :lol:

I remember thinking the same of Leonardo da Caprio and that he was a talentless pretty boy etc, But after seeing him in "The Departed" that changed - he was pretty amazing in that and then taking the lead role in Scorsese's "Wolf of Wall Street" he really was a tour de force.

I'll try and enjoy the film (Dunkirk) and hate him after. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

storrmin571 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:37 pm
arseofacrow wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:29 am
Get Out

Don't like horror but that was a great film.

Despicable Me 3 is awesome, taking the boy to Spiderman Homecoming saturday afternoon
I LOVE The Minnions...

I converted to Buddhism purely because I want to re-incarnate as a Minnion.

They are FUCKKING BRILLIANT!

I'm having a Tattoo of my favourite one done next week. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Brilliant film, usually 3rd film is shit but this one was funny. Love Gru