THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:59 pm
Saw an Ad Poster for "DUNKIRK" this morning - Released into Cinema's 21st July, the few reviews I've read/heard all rate this highly. It will have to go something to match the like's of Saving Private Ryan and the epic Band of Brothers.
Harry cunting Styles is in it so I won't be watching the fucking thing. :banghead: :roll: :censored:
Who he?

Just googled him and you're right he does look a cunnt. :lol:

I remember thinking the same of Leonardo da Caprio and that he was a talentless pretty boy etc, But after seeing him in "The Departed" that changed - he was pretty amazing in that and then taking the lead role in Scorsese's "Wolf of Wall Street" he really was a tour de force.

I'll try and enjoy the film (Dunkirk) and hate him after. :wink:
At least Leonardo DiCaprio was an actor though. This Styles cúnt is a fucking boyband mong who only got this role because the producers thought "what will get the kids in to watch it as well... oh I know - that boyband fucker.". Any movie that gives a role to a "famous" person is instantly devalued in my book. And don't buy this horseshit that the makers are trying to spin that he "won the role after auditioning against hundreds of other actors". Absoilute fucking bullshit. :roll: :x

Herd

Post by Herd »

At least Leonardo DiCaprio was an actor though. This Styles cúnt is a fucking boyband mong who only got this role because the producers thought "what will get the kids in to watch it as well... oh I know - that boyband fucker.". Any movie that gives a role to a "famous" person is instantly devalued in my book. And don't buy this horseshit that the makers are trying to spin that he "won the role after auditioning against hundreds of other actors". Absoilute fucking bullshit. :roll: :x
LDC is was and will always be a quality actor .
But why not Harry too ,there is a long line of great musicians who have done so well in acting (but not many the other way )round ,Jagger, Bowie,Kris Kristofferson,Lance Percival,Meatloaf .
As a member of a Boy band he's been acting for years .
Give the poor lad a chance ,he could be the next Olivier ! :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Olivier Giroud!? Or Lawrence Olivier?? :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:21 pm
Olivier Giroud!? Or Lawrence Olivier?? :lol:
Bard, you do have a sense of humour after all :barscarf: :shock: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

you can be soooo mean sometimes Stu and all I did was point out you've got shyte taste in music... :roll: .... :lol: ... :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Not a film, But well worth every second of its 3 minutes 29 seconds. :barscarf:

phpBB [video]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:48 am
LDC is was and will always be a quality actor .
But why not Harry too ,there is a long line of great musicians who have done so well in acting (but not many the other way )round ,Jagger, Bowie,Kris Kristofferson,Lance Percival,Meatloaf .
As a member of a Boy band he's been acting for years .
Give the poor lad a chance ,he could be the next Olivier ! :barscarf: :barscarf:
Well, for me anyway, he has done some struggling young actor out of a major role that might have been a breakthrough role for their career. A young actor that has worked hard to learn their craft and sacrificed for it has missed out because a spoiled boy band twat "fancied" being in a fillum. :roll: :x

And forget that horseshit the publicist is spouting about him winning the role after "auditioning against hundreds of other actors". I worked in that industry for a couple of years, it's as corrupt as fuck, and I can guarantee you he got the role because of his fame from being in a boyband. The same way Bowie and Jagger got their roles because of their fame as singers - and if you've seen them trying to act then you know they did not get it because of an audition demonstrating their acting ability! They were both appalling. :oops: :oops:

Kristofferson though, in fairness, could at least act to a reasonable level.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Well, for me anyway, he has done some struggling young actor out of a major role that might have been a breakthrough role for their career. A young actor that has worked hard to learn their craft and sacrificed for it has missed out because a spoiled boy band twat "fancied" being in a fillum. :roll: :x

And forget that horseshit the publicist is spouting about him winning the role after "auditioning against hundreds of other actors". I worked in that industry for a couple of years, it's as corrupt as fuck, and I can guarantee you he got the role because of his fame from being in a boyband. The same way Bowie and Jagger got their roles because of their fame as singers - and if you've seen them trying to act then you know they did not get it because of an audition demonstrating their acting ability! They were both appalling. :oops: :oops:

I was joking DB, honest I was !
I thought of mentioning the fine job Bowie did in the Hunger and that wonderful Oirish Accent jagger did in Ned kelley which still has me laughing every time I hear it ,but I thought you might suss I was joshing !

Show biz corrupt ,really ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:05 am

I was joking DB, honest I was !
I thought of mentioning the fine job Bowie did in the Hunger and that wonderful Oirish Accent jagger did in Ned kelley which still has me laughing every time I hear it ,but I thought you might suss I was joshing !

Show biz corrupt ,really ?
Jagger in Ned Kelly was like a bad comedy turn! :oops: :lol: I thought it was a piss take the first time I saw it. "Ah tap ah da marnin' tow ya!" :lol:

Actually, that sounds a bit like REB!! :shock:

:D :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Actually the hunger was a fine film especially the wonder susan sarandon getting on down with the ever sexy cathrine de neuve !

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:58 am

And forget that horseshit the publicist is spouting about him winning the role after "auditioning against hundreds of other actors". I worked in that industry for a couple of years...
Bet you did! :

Back of the net!

:shock: :barscarf: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:58 am

And forget that horseshit the publicist is spouting about him winning the role after "auditioning against hundreds of other actors". I worked in that industry for a couple of years...
Bet you did! :

Back of the net!

:shock: :barscarf: :wink:
:tumbleweed:

:D :wink:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

I see that Dunkirk is being released under a different title across Europe, it's being called

BREXIT 1
The only time the British got to the Beach before the Germans.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

corkbarry wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:05 pm
I see that Dunkirk is being released under a different title across Europe, it's being called

BREXIT 1
The only time the British got to the Beach before the Germans.

:lol: :lol:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: