THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

corkbarry wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:05 pm
I see that Dunkirk is being released under a different title across Europe, it's being called

BREXIT 1
The only time the British got to the Beach before the Germans.

phpBB [video]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is one for anyone who (like myself) hates the Reality Celebrity Fame thing like the Kardashians...If you haven't seen this wait till you hear what the Bear says about the Kardashians...

phpBB [video]

:lol:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Dunkirk, 5/10.

A load of shite, how lucky they were that that the Germans had only 3 Bombers :D

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

The Invisible Guest - 8/10

Very good, old fashioned thriller. Who done what to whom? Nicely done.

:barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

arseofacrow wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Sounds good. I'll give it a go and report back! :proudtosay:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:09 pm
arseofacrow wrote:

It's a Spanish film and beautifully made too! 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:38 pm
g88ner wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:09 pm
arseofacrow wrote:

It's a Spanish film and beautifully made too! 8)

¿Qué?
:wink:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

it is superb and a most excellent ending 9/10

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

On Netflix....I thought seasons 1 & 2 of NARCOS were excellent and honestly didn't think 3 could improve on them...Was I WRONG

Feckin' Brilliant ! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: (5 Scarf wavers out of 5).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Went to see "DUNKIRK" tonight.

It is dificult to explain, but the film could have been soooo good, the effects/fx etc were superbly done and the characters were either very good or bad...the thing that greatly contributed to ruining the film (besides bad directorial choices/decisions and methods) was the film score, it seemed to be trying to pound the audience into submission. I am a fan of all kinds of music and in the past I have seen Motorhead, L. Zep, B. Sabbath, Metallica and the one and only Purple when they were the loudest band in the world...but they were nothing on this, I even enquired about the sound levels after the film and was told that the level was the one set by the engineer at the final mix level...it was awful...the music and sounds themselves were badly composed and ill chosen....I ended up watching the film with my fingers in my ears....it was THAT LOUD...a few people left, one guy went to ask them to turn it down, of course they couldn't.

I had a distant uncle who was at Dunkirk, he has long passed away, but he never ever would speak of it, except to say it was Hell Come Alive and that it would haunt him all his life, and he was one tough cookie.

Having seen some of the things that they went through in the film; based on real accounts /reports, I can only guess at how bad they must have been for - Very Young Men who were Incredibly Brave and Courageous as they faced incredible adversity and Death...

This film has done nothing to really honour them...It could have but it didn't.....Nolan the director has a good reputation...but he blew it with this over -directed and over produced effort. :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:40 pm

It is dificult to explain, but the film could have been soooo good, the effects/fx etc were superbly done and the characters were either very good or bad...the thing that greatly contributed to ruining the film (besides bad directorial choices/decisions and methods) was the film score, it seemed to be trying to pound the audience into submission. I am a fan of all kinds of music and in the past I have seen Motorhead, L. Zep, B. Sabbath, Metallica and the one and only Purple when they were the loudest band in the world...but they were nothing on this, I even enquired about the sound levels after the film and was told that the level was the one set by the engineer at the final mix level...it was awful...the music and sounds themselves were badly composed and ill chosen....I ended up watching the film with my fingers in my ears....it was THAT LOUD...a few people left, one guy went to ask them to turn it down, of course they couldn't.

I had a distant uncle who was at Dunkirk, he has long passed away, but he never ever would speak of it, except to say it was Hell Come Alive and that it would haunt him all his life, and he was one tough cookie.

Having seen some of the things that they went through in the film; based on real accounts /reports, I can only guess at how bad they must have been for - Very Young Men who were Incredibly Brave and Courageous as they faced incredible adversity and Death...

This film has done nothing to really honour them...It could have but it didn't.....Nolan the director has a good reputation...but he blew it with this over -directed and over produced effort. :cry:
Personally the minute they put the boy band cúnt in it they dishonoured the dead and killed the movie. :twisted: :evil: :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:00 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Personally the minute they put the boy band cúnt in it they dishonoured the dead and killed the movie. :twisted: :evil: :censored:

He was barely noticeable - Such was his 'presence' on screen !

Kenneth Brannagh is on screen for 2 minutes in total at most and just by doing nothing (or appearing to) he shows how it should be done.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Pretty good flick, and a good remake. Not very scary but a fun film to watch. Some of the kids' dialogue was actually very funny.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is anyone else looking forward to the New Blade Runner movie????

"LOVED" the original, one of my favourit movies, I'm not very fussed on Gosling though he's a bit wooden / one dimensional. :?

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:23 pm
Is anyone else looking forward to the New Blade Runner movie????

"LOVED" the original, one of my favourit movies, I'm not very fussed on Gosling though he's a bit wooden / one dimensional. :?
The trailer looks fantastic