Spreadable butter

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
mcdowell42

Spreadable butter

Post by mcdowell42 »

The wife has bought a new butter (only because the shop didnt have the butter she wanted)Now this butter is made by Dairygold which are the makers of the butter she would normally buy.On their packaging it reads new soft real butter softer and easier to spread.Get to the point i hear you say.Well its not softer and easier to spread its fucking rock hard and whilst trying to spread this softer and easier to spread butter i have destroyed the last 2 slices of bread in the house that i needed to make the beef sandwich i was looking forward to so my question really is should i (A)go to the shop and buy butter that is softer and easier to spread(B)let the wife go to the shop and get the butter or (C)JUST ELBOW THE WIFE FOR NOT GETTING THE SOFTER AND EASIER BUTTER TO SPREAD and get a woman who would have got the softer and easier butter to spread in the 1st place.

Lets keep this between ourselves dont want to upset the wife if you know what i mean. :wink:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Definitely C.... McD42... :wink: :lol: (also try putting a scoop of the above mentioned 'butter' on a saucer and giving it a burst in the microwave for a few seconds) 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Could you explain the problem and the choices again please? :wink: :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

franksav63 wrote:Definitely C.... McD42... :wink: :lol: (also try putting a scoop of the above mentioned 'butter' on a saucer and giving it a burst in the microwave for a few seconds) 8)
I get what your saying frank but it says on the packet that it is softer and easier to spread when this is clearly a lie.Why would they say this when in fact they should have put on the packaging that it is in fact harder and not alot easier to spread so you then know not to spread it on the last 2 pieces of bread in the house when you are looking forward to a beef sandwich.

PS You may have noticed there is not alot going on my life today :lol: :lol:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
franksav63 wrote:Definitely C.... McD42... :wink: :lol: (also try putting a scoop of the above mentioned 'butter' on a saucer and giving it a burst in the microwave for a few seconds) 8)
I get what your saying frank but it says on the packet that it is softer and easier to spread when this is clearly a lie.Why would they say this when in fact they should have put on the packaging that it is in fact harder and not alot easier to spread so you then know not to spread it on the last 2 pieces of bread in the house when you are looking forward to a beef sandwich.

Hmmm... errr.... Tell you what, I would march back to the shop where you purchased it from and throw it back at them in disgust, and say 'I can't believe it's not butter' and then pick up the new butter called 'Paris Hilton' as I've heard this spreads very easily.... :wink: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

franksav63 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Hmmm... errr.... Tell you what, I would march back to the shop where you purchased it from and throw it back at them in disgust, and say 'I can't believe it's not butter' and then pick up the new butter called 'Paris Hilton' as I've heard this spreads very easily.... :wink: :lol:

I like it frank :lol: :lol:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
franksav63 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I like it frank :lol: :lol:
I thought ya might... :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

So what are you going to do Mac? :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

flash gunner wrote:So what are you going to do Mac? :lol:

I went for option D in the end and ordered a takeawayand put the butter back in the fridge so i could go all through this again tomorrow. 8) 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:

I went for option D in the end and ordered a takeawayand put the butter back in the fridge so i could go all through this again tomorrow. 8) 8)
Well done mate :lol: :lol:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

This is my solution to the butter problem.

a) Accept that butter manufacturers tell lies. Doesn't matter whether it's English, Irish, New Zealand or Scandinavian butter. It does NOT "spread straight from the fridge".

b) Get yourself a tub of Bertoli (previously Olivio). It DOES spread "straight from the fridge", and is perfectly good on sandwiches. And it is basically made from olive oil. Which (alledgedly) is good for you.

c) Keep a pack of PROPER butter in the fridge. This stuff is the dogs bollocks. Does not contain E numbers. And is bloody lovely on toast. And you can use it for frying stuff.

Problem solved. :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

olgitgooner wrote:This is my solution to the butter problem.

a) Accept that butter manufacturers tell lies. Doesn't matter whether it's English, Irish, New Zealand or Scandinavian butter. It does NOT "spread straight from the fridge".

b) Get yourself a tub of Bertoli (previously Olivio). It DOES spread "straight from the fridge", and is perfectly good on sandwiches. And it is basically made from olive oil. Which (alledgedly) is good for you.

c) Keep a pack of PROPER butter in the fridge. This stuff is the dogs bollocks. Does not contain E numbers. And is bloody lovely on toast. And you can use it for frying stuff.

Problem solved. :D

Solved the problem old git i got a takeaway battered sausage chips and a bun burger.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

F**k you Mac, i had my dinner only an hour ago and now i want a Beef Sandwich :lol: :oops:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

corkbarry wrote:F**k you Mac, i had my dinner only an hour ago and now i want a Beef Sandwich :lol: :oops:

When your buttering the bread dont use dairygold that says its softer and easier to spread because its not. :wink: :wink: