THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

New album due out by "Hammock" - Their music truly is A-F'ing Maaazing.

A rack from the new album:

phpBB [video]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just Watch, Listen and be Blown Away....with The Wild wind.

phpBB [video]

:bowing21: :bowing21: :bowing21:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

storrmin571 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:28 pm
I am being taken to see Robbie Williams on Wednesday, Robbie fucking Williams. A cu nt of epic proportions. The fucker was voted icon at the Brits, he is not an icon, he's a fat dancer from Take That. If you want an icon - I give you Lemmy Kilmister. That is all. End Ex.
:lol:

You described the fat dancer to a tee there, mate. Appalling cúnt of the highest order. :twisted: :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If you haven't heard/seen this be prepared for shivers up the spine.

phpBB [video]

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:25 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:50 am
StuartL wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:55 pm
In a week's time am off to the 80's retro festival at.Norwich - Boney M, Belinda Carlisle, Chesney Hawkes, and many more, should be a good blast from the past.

PLEASE! Stu Tell me you are joking. :shock:
Nope, you are just well jel my friend, Bananarama, Errol Brown, Kim Wilde, Midge Ure. only missing a bit of Bros lol.
Stu, was it a good night?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:47 pm
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
In a week's time am off to the 80's retro festival at.Norwich - Boney M, Belinda Carlisle, Chesney Hawkes, and many more, should be a good blast from the past.

Nope, you are just well jel my friend, Bananarama, Errol Brown, Kim Wilde, Midge Ure. only missing a bit of Bros lol.
Very Good ...it was cancelled. :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:57 pm
bergkamp10 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Ignore Bards jealous rantings.

It was a whole afternoon / evening and yes it was good fun and very nostalgic.
Belinda Carlisle still has a place in my heart, but no longer a poster on my wall.

They run these 80's gigs all over the place and also at Butlins over weekends I believe, sponsored or organised by Absolute radio.
Ticket price was about £30 from memory, which is very good value and far better entertainment than watching a football match as a match day experience customer.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:57 pm
bergkamp10 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Ignore Bards jealous rantings.

It was a whole afternoon / evening and yes it was good fun and very nostalgic.
Belinda Carlisle still has a place in my heart, but no longer a poster on my wall.

They run these 80's gigs all over the place and also at Butlins over weekends I believe, sponsored or organised by Absolute radio.
Ticket price was about £30 from memory, which is very good value and far better entertainment than watching a football match as a match day experience customer.
:lol:

I can't help it if you have NO Musical taste whatsoever mate!.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Was flicking through my iPod on the train to work this morning and happened across my Dio collection. Been listening to a lot of Volbeat and Metallica lately and haven't listened to Dio in a while. So popped them on. Man, you ever put on some songs and it just comes flooding back how fucking great a particular band were? 8) Dio were awesome, particularly the early stuff with Vivian Campbell on guitar. 8)

Hard to believe Ronnie is dead over 7 years. :(

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:23 pm
Was flicking through my iPod on the train to work this morning and happened across my Dio collection. Been listening to a lot of Volbeat and Metallica lately and haven't listened to Dio in a while. So popped them on. Man, you ever put on some songs and it just comes flooding back how fucking great a particular band were? 8) Dio were awesome, particularly the early stuff with Vivian Campbell on guitar. 8)

It's all about,"Rainbow Rising." :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:23 pm

I know where the feck does the time go....

I remember when he first replaced Ozzy in sabbath..and all these Ozzy fans were giving it 'No way can he replace Ozzy etc'...okaaaay so Ozzy & Sabbath were a rare combination...But I remember the first time Neon Knights came on it just floored me and everyone else....waht a f'ing RIFF Pure Iomi with ronnies Dragons & Dingeons lyrics and his voice LOVED his voice - he went far, faaaar too soon. :cry:

You got me thinking about how I may not have heard a band or album in ages and it'll pop up somehow....I remember seeing Greg Lake at reading fuck knows what year it was...and he was about to release his first solo album...it was a scorching hot day...me and my mates were all shytefaced on scrumpy and cough cough....I thought 'Oh! he'll do a mostly acoustic set'

WRONGGGG! Gary Moore was guesting on guitar and they totally ROCKED they opened with Nuclear Attack and it just got better and better I do recall from the haze they did a version of Parisienne Walkway with GL doing an awesome job on bass and vocals...

Yet another 2 of my idols gone waaaay too soon.

Just put on some Rainbow...Man On A Silver Mountain !!! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This may sound mad but this is 'music to my ears' - Well more like Poetry actually but I'm sure you catch my drift.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p057nvw1

I "Love" listening to the Shipping Forecast...especially on a cold winter morning or night and I'm tucked up safe & warm in bed...takes me back to my childhood when I used to borrow my older brother's transistor radio....he used to beat me up after but it was worth it...it really is like 'poetry'.

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:24 pm

WRONGGGG! Gary Moore was guesting on guitar and they totally ROCKED they opened with Nuclear Attack and it just got better and better I do recall from the haze they did a version of Parisienne Walkway with GL doing an awesome job on bass and vocals...

Just put on some Rainbow...Man On A Silver Mountain !!! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:
Gary Moore and Phil Lynott

phpBB [video]

Never saw Phil, but got to see Gary Moore a few times in the 90s. Both sadly missed. RIP.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Been listening to this: Perfect Darkness by 'Fink'.

phpBB [video]

8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:24 pm

Gary Moore and Phil Lynott

phpBB [video]

Never saw Phil, but got to see Gary Moore a few times in the 90s. Both sadly missed. RIP.
8) 8) 8)

I sadly got to meet Philo in Grafton Street in Dublin a couple years before he died. You know they say you should never meet your heroes? They are mostly right. He was pretty much an ignorant crunt... ok, fair enough, he was getting mobbed by a few people and looked hung over to hell but he basically told everyone to fuck off and then did a legger.

This was back in the days when Dublin was very much viewed by rockstars as a "safe city" in that they could live here and just go about their business and Dubliners (never wanting to appear uncool :lol: ) would usually just let them get on with it. Of course Dublin was a handy tax exile a one hour flight from the UK, and at various times you could be walking through town and bump into a member of Def Leppard or Lizzy or see Bowie or Rod Stewart strolling about.

Still love Philo's music though. Fucking awesome songwriter and singer. And Gary Moore was an incredible guitarist. Right up there with the best technical players. Look on youtube for Lizzy's legendary 1978 performance at Sydney Opera House and Moore's hand vibrato during his solo in "Are You Ready" - fucking immense. It's one of those rare guitar moments that makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. Looks and sounds like he's bending that note from a high C right up to a high A and back down again in a blur. The fucking speed and strength in the guy's hands! 8) Doesn't sound like the guitar is tuned down either - a trick Van Halen used to do to make high string bending easier... and to accomodate Dave Lee Roth's EXTREMELY limited vocal range! :lol: