THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:My list of 10

The Who
Paul Weller
Blondie
Squeeze
Rolling Stones
Specials
Belinda Carlisle
Billy Idol
Pretenders
Oasis
the pretenders? :?
Good shout, they are touring this autumn, so may get to see them yet.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

The Who
Paul Weller
Blondie
Squeeze
Rolling Stones
Specials
Belinda Carlisle
Billy Idol
Pretenders
Oasis
Got to be Billy Idol,the bloke is a Knob.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:Here's mine:

The Four Tops (with Martha Reeves & The Vandella's and Stevie Wonder as Support Acts)
Bob Dylan
Pink Floyd
Yes
Frank Zappa
Steely Dan
Joni Mitchell
Jackson Brown
B B. King
Frank Sinatra
I was going to say Jackson Brown,but I saw him at Glastonbury in the early 80's,so I am going for Frank Sinatra

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:

The Four Tops (with Martha Reeves & The Vandella's and Stevie Wonder as Support Acts)
Bob Dylan
Pink Floyd
Yes
Frank Zappa
Steely Dan
Joni Mitchell
Jackson Brown
B B. King
Frank Sinatra
I was going to say Jackson Browne,but I saw him at Glastonbury in the early 80's which you also may have done,so I am going for Frank Sinatra

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

The Who
Paul Weller
Blondie
Squeeze
Rolling Stones
Specials
Belinda Carlisle
Billy Idol
Pretenders
Oasis
:lol: the clue was in the word yet :-P

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:

Bob Dylan
Pink Floyd
Yes
Frank Zappa
Steely Dan
Joni Mitchell
Jackson Brown
B B. King
Frank Sinatra
I was going to say Jackson Brown,but I saw him at Glastonbury in the early 80's,so I am going for Frank Sinatra
I was at that Glastonbury, before it became the hang-out for the rich and famous and tickets were about £14 - £18 ???.

4 days of glorious sunshine, got off with a girl from Scotland called Gill (nice big whammers! :-P ) Was right down the front for Jackson Browne who has long been a musical hero and inspiration for me, I've still got the T Shirt they were selling with his name etc on...He was touring Europe with the "Hold Out" album, saw him again 10 days later in London.

Judie Tzuke topped the Glastonbury bill - There were only 2 stages at that time. He finished at about 9- 9:30pm the sun was setting and after his amazing gig, JT although good was something of an anti-climax so I went back to my van/tent.

btw: you're right it is Frank Sinatra, love his songs/voice but could never afford the ticket prices.

All the others I have seen, some more than once, one of the best gigs I ever went to was It Bites at the old Town & Country Club (Kentish Town) that was when Frank Dunnery was till in the band, they had just released Eat Me In St. Louis - They were simply AWESOME!.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

The Who
Paul Weller
Blondie
Squeeze
Rolling Stones
Specials
Belinda Carlisle
Billy Idol
Pretenders
Oasis
:lol: the clue was in the word yet :-P
DOH! :duh:

I saw them,The Pretenders in 1981 at the Birmingham Odeon.
Within a year James Honeyman-Scott,and Brian Farndon had both died of drugs overdoses.
What a waste,the band were great when they were that four piece. :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:

Bob Dylan
Pink Floyd
Yes
Frank Zappa
Steely Dan
Joni Mitchell
Jackson Brown
B B. King
Frank Sinatra
I was at that Glastonbury, before it became the hang-out for the rich and famous and tickets were about £14 - £18 ???.

4 days of glorious sunshine, got off with a girl from Scotland called Gill (nice big whammers! :-P ) Was right down the front for Jackson Browne who has long been a musical hero and inspiration for me, I've still got the T Shirt they were selling with his name etc on...He was touring Europe with the "Hold Out" album, saw him again 10 days later in London.

Judie Tzuke topped the Glastonbury bill - There were only 2 stages at that time. He finished at about 9- 9:30pm the sun was setting and after his amazing gig, JT although good was something of an anti-climax so I went back to my van/tent.

btw: you're right it is Frank Sinatra, love his songs/voice but could never afford the ticket prices.

All the others I have seen, some more than once, one of the best gigs I ever went to was It Bites at the old Town & Country Club (Kentish Town) that was when Frank Dunnery was till in the band, they had just released Eat Me In St. Louis - They were simply AWESOME!.

I was working for CND so got into the 1981/2 and 3 Glastonburys for gratis as I was working on the stalls etc for them.
I fell in love with Judy Tzuke when she sang stay with me 'til dawn,tried to slap the lead singer of Sad Cafe cos he was being an absolute
:censored: ,not one of my finer moments,and took part in a live Radio 1 "Talkabout" show from the festival so pissed and stoned that I sounded like Neil from the Young Ones,who I also saw in the then comedy tent which was a glorified marquee.
Also spent an anphetamine fuelled night watching Dr Strangelove in the film tent.
Also enjoyed the Blues Band set,Randy California,and I have a memory of somebody hitting Ginger Baker on the snoze with a well aimed rock during his set.
New Order were also a stand out

Herd

Post by Herd »

you take sal and il take sue aint no difference between the two !

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Just bought,and gave a first listen to the new Weller album.
Does what says on the Weller tin.
Although his albums usually get better with each listen,you get right into this one from the get-go.
There's a track with a "Cars" bass line,and another like "The Crunge" from "Houses of the Holy."
"One Year" sounds like it could/should of been on "Saturns Pattern," and the stand out track for me,after the first listen,is "Satellite Kid."
Groovy,Funky,Moddy,Souly. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Just bought,and gave a first listen to the new Weller album.
Although his albums usually get better with each listen,you get right into this one from the get-go.
There's a track with a "Cars" bass line,and another like "The Crunge" from "Houses of the Holy."
"One Year" sounds like it could/should of been on "Saturns Pattern," and the stand out track for me,after the first listen,is "Satellite Kid."
My missus is a big Weller fan, me not so much. I like some of his stuff, hate some. Hated the Jam because I hate Mods, although I did like a couple of their less Moddish songs. Never met a Mod that wasn't an absolute tosser tbh. :lol:

And before arseofacrow jumps on that, when I say "Mod" I do mean the cultural demographic that are fans of Mod music, and not the poor souls like Flash and me that have to read and moderate all this shite on here, you utter gash monkey. :roll: :censored:

:D :wink:

Interestingly, I hate Reggae music, but I fucking LOVE Ska. :shock: :rubchin:

Herd

Post by Herd »

That's not interesting that's plain silly !

wellers good shit is really good but I havent bought or even heard much of his since stanley road

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:

wellers good shit is really good but I havent bought or even heard much of his since stanley road
Seriously, Reggae is on a par with Country & Western for tedious moronic shite. :roll: :censored:

Ska however is fucking fantastic! :barscarf: 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:

Seriously, Reggae is on a par with Country & Western for tedious moronic shite. :roll: :censored:

Ska however is fucking fantastic! :barscarf: 8)
I love some country music too ,rough country , willy nelson johnny cash ,awesome shit !

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Just bought,and gave a first listen to the new Weller album.
My missus is a big Weller fan, me not so much. I like some of his stuff, hate some. Hated the Jam because I hate Mods, although I did like a couple of their less Moddish songs. Never met a Mod that wasn't an absolute tosser tbh. :lol:

And before arseofacrow jumps on that, when I say "Mod" I do mean the cultural demographic that are fans of Mod music, and not the poor souls like Flash and me that have to read and moderate all this shite on here, you utter gash monkey. :roll: :censored:

:D :wink:

You're just fucking weird!!!!!!! Admit it!!