THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm
Sorry mate but can't stand the *word censored*...didn't like him when he was the Jam and haven't since...can't sing either

:?

Each to their own, that is the beauty of music...
and the uggo bits too! :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Saxon are playing Cardiff on friday night. Should be a good show, new album is top work. Although Biff still looks like Russ Abbott.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BooooYaaaaah! I've got tickets for The Wailers Thursday 15th ...Ohhhh! maaan am I revved....Skaaaaaankkinnn ! 8) :dance: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:18 pm
BooooYaaaaah! I've got tickets for The Wailers Thursday 15th ...Ohhhh! maaan am I revved....Skaaaaaankkinnn ! 8) :dance: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:
Where the at ?

Think they are playing at Norwich in April, which I may venture to.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

All the UK Dates on here mate! 8)

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/the-wailers

A friend went to one of their 'low key' warm up gigs and swears it was / is the Best Gig He has ever been to, and he has seen them All. Apparently They are playing the whole of the "Legend" album and apparently their rendition of No Woman No Cry was AWESOME! - I'm getting tingles and goose bumps just thinking about it.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:02 pm
All the UK Dates on here mate! 8)

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/the-wailers

A friend went to one of their 'low key' warm up gigs and swears it was / is the Best Gig He has ever been to, and he has seen them All. Apparently They are playing the whole of the "Legend" album and apparently their rendition of No Woman No Cry was AWESOME! - I'm getting tingles and goose bumps just thinking about it.
Cheers Onebard, Norwich gig is on a Sunday, not ideal.....where are you seeing them ?

If I’d bothered to read your post, I would have seen Cardiff.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

At the Tramshed mate...I have to travel by train from outside the city but it'll be worth it I'm sure. :dancingbanana:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:38 pm
On way home from a brilliant Paul Weller concert in the Olympia in Dublin..Great mix of new and old stuff...
He was in cracking form in Manchester last night. Haven't seen him for 15 years. A bit of everything. Fantastic acoustic set of 5 songs. He's developed a funk/ soul sound to his live performance. Heard a bit of Stevie Wonder and James Brown riffs in a couple of tracks. Brilliant gig.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

With all this snow about this somehow seemed appropriate (though usually reserved for Crimbo).

phpBB [video]

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Stones touring again :barscarf:

Saw them at Wembley back in 2000ish for the voodoo lounge tour and they were fab. ( they might not be as mobile this time around )
Have got tickets for the Ricoh arena at Coventry, not told my partner yet, keeping it as a surprise
(Will be ble to visit the music museum in Coventry too, which has a lot of 2 tone memorabilia as it was the birthplace of the specials and often has an ex member or two popping in to say hello )
Last edited by StuartL on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Strangely as much as I love Ska I fucking hate Reggae.... almost as much as I hate country and western.... almost.... :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:42 am
Strangely as much as I love Ska I fucking hate Reggae.... almost as much as I hate country and western.... almost.... :censored:
Daz coz U iz Old Skool Fam! Innit Blud. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Went to see "Yes" in Brissul Tuesday night 50th Anniversary Tour - Mostly excellent - Steve Howe is ancient, but can still strum Dem Strings...Great vocalist (John Davidson) Powerful voice...good gig - 9 out of 10. 8) They were my fave band in my teens The Yes Album, Fragile, Close To The Edge, Tales From Topographic Oceans, Relayer... :barscarf:

RIP Chris Squire :cry: His presence and Thundering Bass were missed.

But enjoyed the show,

Almost missed the last train home BR feckin' useless....the ticket barriers stopped working and this dullard was saying we couldn't just show our tickets and jump over - In the end we did exactly that without showing our tickets. :barscarf:

"Hot Colour Melting The Anger To Stone" :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:49 am
Went to see "Yes" in Brissul Tuesday night 50th Anniversary Tour - Mostly excellent - Steve Howe is ancient, but can still strum Dem Strings...Great vocalist (John Davidson) Powerful voice...good gig - 9 out of 10. 8) They were my fave band in my teens The Yes Album, Fragile, Close To The Edge, Tales From Topographic Oceans, Relayer... :barscarf:

But enjoyed the show,

Almost missed the last train home BR feckin' useless....the ticket barriers stopped working and this dullard was saying we couldn't just show our tickets and jump over - In the end we did exactly that without showing our tickets. :barscarf:

Was never a mad fan of Yes but liked a good few of their songs..... and Steve Howe is a superb guitarist. Fantastic sense of melody and can shred when he needs to as well. 8)

I believe he's a Holloway lad... one of ours or one of "theirs" I wonder.... :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:38 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:49 am

But enjoyed the show,

Was never a mad fan of Yes but liked a good few of their songs..... and Steve Howe is a superb guitarist. Fantastic sense of melody and can shred when he needs to as well. 8)

I believe he's a Holloway lad... one of ours or one of "theirs" I wonder.... :rubchin:
Yes, he's a Gooner (but hasn't been to a game these last 10 years - lucky & wise bugger!) I've met him a few timed at various Yes gigs down the years he used to be a wild man in the early years (Yes Album & Fragile era) but suddenly calmed down and became a Buddhist & a veggie. I recall meeting him when they toured with the Yes Album and shaking his hand and his hands are HUGE! - no wonder he can hold down all those amazing/weird chords...Even back then he could be a miserable sod sometimes is as you say a superb guitarist - Sadly his second eldest son Virgil died last year - they had just finished recording an album (Nexus) together.... I know he's old (in his 70's) but that truly aged him :cry: .

A good gig though. 8)