THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
GranadaJoe

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by GranadaJoe »

OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:As mentioned a page or two back, I was planning on going to the John Otway gig last night. Unfortunately, a heart attack on Sunday (mine, not his) put and end to that plan.

I contacted the venue to let them know they had three more tickets to sell on the door.

A couple of hours later I got a voice message from Otway saying he was sorry I was going to miss the gig and wishing me a quick recovery.

One of the Greatest Living Englishman.
1. Holy H Wotsit Joe - sincerely I hope you recover fully - I BLAME WENGER - see that's what wenger does to us fans - he gets us so wound up it harms our health & well being.

2. That is typical of John Otway - A very real and genuine human being...no star bollocks with him.

3. If you do keel over etc Can I have your CD collection please? (too soon?) :? :oops: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

My doctor recommended a 30 min walk each day followed by a period without any excitement. She suggested listening to Bach or watching us pass the ball sideways for an hour.

I'm flattered that you think I'm young enough to have CDs. I do have some vinyl though. Have you got a record player (ask your Dad if you don't know what it is).

In fact, I might have to start thinking about who to leave my poster of the 70/71 double winning side signed by every player to.

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm going have to make some lifestyle changes, but they're long overdue anyway.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GranadaJoe wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:As mentioned a page or two back, I was planning on going to the John Otway gig last night. Unfortunately, a heart attack on Sunday (mine, not his) put and end to that plan.

I contacted the venue to let them know they had three more tickets to sell on the door.

A couple of hours later I got a voice message from Otway saying he was sorry I was going to miss the gig and wishing me a quick recovery.

Bet you believed in Baby Jebus then, mate! :shock:

Only kidding!! :wink:

Hope you are recovering well. I'd say it gave you a right scare. Best wishes, man.
Thanks.
Having spoken to an eminent Spanish cardiologist, turns out I'm no longer 35, I eat too much, work too much and don't do enough exercise.
Who knew???

If anyone's thinking of a having a heart attack; a) I wouldn't, they're a bit shit but b) if you are, go to Granada Cardio ICU. It's brand new, the staff are incredible and my first ever bed bath (thanks to Carmen and Mercedes) will never be forgotten.

All the best for a speedy recovery Granadajoe

We're you advised to give up watching Arsenal ?

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Get well soon Joe, btw what did Mercedes and Carmen look like? Were they fit or RAF?

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

storrmin571 wrote:Get well soon Joe, btw what did Mercedes and Carmen look like? Were they fit or RAF?
Looked gorgeous, smelled gorgeous, were very gorgeous.

At one point ,one was soaping down my legs and arse while the other had a finger rotating around my arsehole. :D

Unfortunately, any possibility of a wild affair probably disappeared the following day after Carmen had to wipe my arse after I'd taken a shit in a bed pan.

Both events were firsts for me. I'll try to remember one forever and never speak of the other again.

When I got transferred to my nearest ICU the duty fell to an old bird and a hairy bloke. :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:Get well soon Joe, btw what did Mercedes and Carmen look like? Were they fit or RAF?

At one point ,one was soaping down my legs and arse while the other had a finger rotating around my arsehole
. :D

Unfortunately, any possibility of a wild affair probably disappeared the following day after Carmen had to wipe my arse after I'd taken a shit in a bed pan.

Both events were firsts for me. I'll try to remember one forever and never speak of the other again.

When I got transferred to my nearest ICU the duty fell to an old bird and a hairy bloke. :banghead:

Jeeezzuss it's a wonder you didn't have another heart attack! :shock: I hear Rodders is now moving to Spain and trying to arrange a heart attack on the steps of that same ICU ! :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Bet you believed in Baby Jebus then, mate! :shock:

Only kidding!! :wink:

Hope you are recovering well. I'd say it gave you a right scare. Best wishes, man.
Only just noticed that...

:coffeespit: . :coffeespit: . :coffeespit:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:Gonna upset a few of you whiny bitches in your periods and all :wink: but I gotta be honest, Cohen for me was like Dylan; a terrible singer with an awful voice. Just fucking awful.

However; they are two of the greatest songwriters and poets of any generation. I just prefer to hear other people sing their songs. 8)

#justsaying
theres an album called tower of power with everyone elses versions of LC songs ,everybody knows with don henley from the eagles is a must and the story of Isaac by susanne vega is haunting !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

One of my Favourite Bands and albums...

phpBB [video]

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Metallica hardwired to self destruct its like St Anger never happened. Brilliant.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:

At one point ,one was soaping down my legs and arse while the other had a finger rotating around my arsehole. :D

Two of the nicest blokes you've ever met, huh? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

storrmin571 wrote:Metallica hardwired to self destruct its like St Anger never happened. Brilliant.
Yeah - serious return to form. :barscarf: 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:Metallica hardwired to self destruct its like St Anger never happened. Brilliant.
Yeah - serious return to form. :barscarf: 8)
On second and third listening it gets even better. Honestly their best work since the Black Album. And Kirk Hammett's playing has finally matured into top-tier guitarist type stuff. Superb album.

:stearmaster: :stearmaster: :stearmaster:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Kirk apparently lost his collection of riffs which was stored on a mp3 device with no backup so hasn't done much writing for this album - could be a reason why its improved. Any way its fucking awesome. BTW theres a load of digital releases on website most free of old shows downloaded a shedful

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

storrmin571 wrote:Kirk apparently lost his collection of riffs which was stored on a mp3 device with no backup so hasn't done much writing for this album - could be a reason why its improved. Any way its fucking awesome. BTW theres a load of digital releases on website most free of old shows downloaded a shedful
It's also great to hear them move away from that Rick Rubin compressed-to-death sound. 8)

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

More polished sound. Fantastic. Got the Black album in the car at moment, all classics and being played loudly. BTW i am not driving and on line just in case.