THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

I was very surprised to find this on You Tube.

It is a Sacred Song by Verdell Primeaux - I attended a Thanksgiving of the life of a dear friend some 8 years ago - He was part Lakota (Native American) and this song was sung at the ceremony by 4 men and 2 women of that people in the semi lit woods on a summer's eve - there were between 50 and 60 people there and believe me there wasn't a dry eye or un-goosed bump person in the whole woods....as they sang the whole place became 'en-chanted' as the sun began to slip away into the West - Jeeezuss I miss him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39S1F8jHtDA

May Your Spirit Ever Dance in the Light of Peace Brother. :cry:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Saw 3 brilliant Aussie rock n roll bands last night.

Black Aces

Tequila Mockingbyrd

Massive.

Amazing show all for £8 :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I've just booked to see John Otway (one of the Greatest Living Englishman) at the Thunderbolt in Bristol 24th Nov. I'm looking forward to a couple of hours reliving my youth.

He's supported by The Worried Men, with lead guitarist Jamie Thyler. I'd never heard of him, but he's supposed to be one of the best guitarists in the land and I know our forum members contain a number of leather and denim-clad electric guitar-loving freaks.

Should be a great night for only 11 quid a ticket, so if you're in the area, get down there (John may not live much longer!!!).

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

storrmin571 wrote:Saw 3 brilliant Aussie rock n roll bands last night.

Black Aces

Tequila Mockingbyrd

Massive.

Amazing show all for £8 :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Did they takes turns behind the bar while not on stage?

(is that racist?) :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:I've just booked to see John Otway (one of the Greatest Living Englishman) at the Thunderbolt in Bristol 24th Nov. I'm looking forward to a couple of hours reliving my youth.

He's supported by The Worried Men, with lead guitarist Jamie Thyler. I'd never heard of him, but he's supposed to be one of the best guitarists in the land and I know our forum members contain a number of leather and denim-clad electric guitar-loving freaks.

Should be a great night for only 11 quid a ticket, so if you're in the area, get down there (John may not live much longer!!!).

Who can ever forget this little (Live) Gem...especially at 3 mins 40 seconds in... :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

phpBB [video]

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:I've just booked to see John Otway (one of the Greatest Living Englishman) at the Thunderbolt in Bristol 24th Nov. I'm looking forward to a couple of hours reliving my youth.

Who can ever forget this little (Live) Gem...especially at 3 mins 40 seconds in... :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

phpBB [video]

Mental and priceless.

I love his take on House of the Rising Sun, and Last of the Mohicans makes me nostalgic.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For anyone who has ever heard Stairway To Heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDo4CA13LbY

:bowing21: :bowing21: :bowing21:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Back in the day when Heart of Gold was a New Song.

phpBB [video]

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Went to this concert the other night, my wife's cousin was part of it

https://www.cambridgelivetrust.co.uk/co ... on-concert

Never been into Pink Floyd and psychedelic 60's/70's stuff but really enjoyed the concert and heard a lot of stuff i'd never heard before

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

flash gunner wrote:Went to this concert the other night, my wife's cousin was part of it

https://www.cambridgelivetrust.co.uk/co ... on-concert

Never been into Pink Floyd and psychedelic 60's/70's stuff but really enjoyed the concert and heard a lot of stuff i'd never heard before
The solo Syd stuff (Barrett,Madcap Laughs) was pretty out there,and to be honest most of the songs were not great,I guess its horses for courses,I suppose that's what years of drug abuse will do to you,but I think you should give some Floyd a go,they made some outstanding albums,Wish You Were Here,Animals,Dark Side,The Wall,like I said they ain't to everybody's taste but Shine On You Crazy Diamond on Wish You Were Here (written about Syd) is a classic.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Bon Jovi This house aint a home - like it. 1st album really without Richie Sambora. Usual fair rock and ballads. Does what is should do.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Capel Celyn - Another reason to hate the scouse scum

phpBB [video]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

R.I.P :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

8)

RIP :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: The music is sublime - and the banter between songs is very witty:

"It's been a long time since I stood on a stage in London it was 14, 15 yrs ago when I was 60 - Just a kid with a crazy dream"

:lol: