THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
GranadaJoe

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by GranadaJoe »

StuartL wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Saw the trailers for "SS-GB.",looked pretty good,but missed the first episode.
Did anyone see it,if so.....comments
Like you I saw the trailer and liked the concept as an idea - I believe it is based on a book by Len Deighton ?

Was really disappointed with it, didn't hold my attention at all and doubt I will be watching further episodes

Lots of mumbling and a bit dull, but I'll give it one more episode to see if it picks up (or Kate Bosworth gets hers tits out).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Saw the trailers for "SS-GB.",looked pretty good,but missed the first episode.
Like you I saw the trailer and liked the concept as an idea - I believe it is based on a book by Len Deighton ?

Was really disappointed with it, didn't hold my attention at all and doubt I will be watching further episodes

Lots of mumbling and a bit dull, but I'll give it one more episode to see if it picks up (or Kate Bosworth gets hers tits out).
I concur!

ps: Hope you are doing Okay Joe after the wotsit. :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I concur!

Cheers mate. I actually feel pretty good. The cardiologist told me it was a big one and I'd died three times, which is a weird thing to hear. My main preoccupation is whether AW will f*ck off or continue to ruin my life.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I concur!

Cheers mate. I actually feel pretty good. The cardiologist told me it was a big one and I'd died three times, which is a weird thing to hear. My main preoccupation is whether AW will f*ck off or continue to ruin my life.
Jeepers, mate - glad you pulled through okay. 8)

Because, you know, you might have been in for one hell of a shock on the other side, if our religious friends are anything to go by! :D :wink: :wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I concur!

Stay well mate. :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I concur!

Because, you know, you might have been in for one hell of a shock on the other side, if our religious friends are anything to go by! :D :wink: :wink:

If such a thing exists 'hell' would be the operative word for me I suspect. :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GranadaJoe wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I concur!

All the Best Joe for a speedy recovery ( and Wenker Out)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I concur!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day and the cuntt has caused me no end of High Stress these past 9 seasons... Glad to Hear/See you are still with us :high5: And as for Hell I think we all know that it is wenger who has done the deal with ole Beelzebub :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Detectorists.

So it's finished after 3 seasons. Great comedy drama. Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook on top form. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

I concur!

If such a thing exists 'hell' would be the operative word for me I suspect. :lol:
No mate that's where we all find oursleves with wenger still in charge. :cry: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:24 am
Detectorists.

So it's finished after 3 seasons. Great comedy drama. Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook on top form. :barscarf:
Best thing to come from the BBC in over 30 years!. 11 out of 10. :high5:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Watched all 4 episodes of The Cry one after the other on bbc iPlayer

Very good drama based on a mother and father having their child disappear while they were abroad.

No spoilers but you can see some parallels with certain high profile cases.

BTW am I the only one who has watched any telly in nearly a year :shock:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:50 am

Very good drama based on a mother and father having their child disappear while they were abroad.

No Stuart you're not and that was a good series. Sadly modern tv doesn't cause discussion the way it used to. When utter, predictable, childish, obvious, lowest common denominator, slapstick pratfall garbage like Mrs Brown's Boys is one of the top rated shows then tv takes itself beyond parody. Sadly quality tv is a bit of a rarity these days. Killing Eve grabbed attention and I've heard (never seen) Game of Thrones is good but humour seems to have died with Father Ted.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Yep, modern day TV is absolute garbage! Remember Christmas in the past when you’d have specials of Fools & Horses, Minder, Parkinson (with actual interesting celebs) etc. Now it’s just Z-Listers, Danny Dyer, thick as shit reality ‘stars’, Danny Dyer, no-mark pop stars and Danny Dyer! Dogshit, all of it!

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Red Snapper wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:55 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:50 am

No Stuart you're not and that was a good series. Sadly modern tv doesn't cause discussion the way it used to. When utter, predictable, childish, obvious, lowest common denominator, slapstick pratfall garbage like Mrs Brown's Boys is one of the top rated shows then tv takes itself beyond parody. Sadly quality tv is a bit of a rarity these days. Killing Eve grabbed attention and I've heard (never seen) Game of Thrones is good but humour seems to have died with Father Ted.
Oh I quite agree Red Snapper, there isn’t much on telly that I watch now at all - I usually have music on instead.