THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
arseofacrow

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:enjoyed the 4 part drama "The Secret" with James Nesbitt portraying a real life event that happened back in Coleraine, back in 1991 when an affair, escalated (wont give away the plot in case anyone watching on catch up) and the consequent fall out.

Raised many questions that my partner and I talked about, regarding relationships, affairs, love etc.

Based on true events, but not sure how much "artistic licence" was used, but was very good.
Any conclusions from your discussions, Stuart?

:)
Yes, and when you learn to walk the rice paper without breaking it I will enlighten you.
I used to love rice paper as a kid. 8)

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Did anyone else watch "Rovers" on sky? It was sort of like "Early Doors" but set in the clubhouse/bar of a lower league football club.
Although not as busy it reminded me of the Arsenal Away Supporters Club with all its regular characters and its good natured friendliness,and commitment to the cause. :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:enjoyed the 4 part drama "The Secret" with James Nesbitt portraying a real life event that happened back in Coleraine, back in 1991 when an affair, escalated (wont give away the plot in case anyone watching on catch up) and the consequent fall out.

Raised many questions that my partner and I talked about, regarding relationships, affairs, love etc.

Based on true events, but not sure how much "artistic licence" was used, but was very good.

Yes, and when you learn to walk the rice paper without breaking it I will enlighten you.
That will suffice...pm me your problems ( must be loads I reckon) and I will.provide words of wisdom. :rubchin:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Good show, unlike anything on TV. Funny, dark, bloody and pokes fun at religion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gueM4VilVE

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

That will suffice...pm me your problems ( must be loads I reckon) and I will.provide words of wisdom. :rubchin:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

I do have a lot of problems at the moment. I thought coming on here might be a refuge of sorts but it hasn't helped at all. :(

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

I do have a lot of problems at the moment. I thought coming on here might be a refuge of sorts but it hasn't helped at all. :(
"Don't look at the finger,look at the moon." :roly: :-D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:
...said the Catholic priest to the choirboy!

Ba-dum-tish!! :drums:

I'm here all week. :barscarf: :dancingbanana:

:D :wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

:coffeespit:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Image

Good show, unlike anything on TV. Funny, dark, bloody and pokes fun at religion.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'd never heard of it, but I watched the first episode yesterday and really enjoyed it. Some of the small, throwaway details are priceless; I loved the 'Tom Cruise Explodes' strapline on the TV news in the background of one scene.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

GranadaJoe wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Image

Thanks for the heads up.

I'd never heard of it, but I watched the first episode yesterday and really enjoyed it. Some of the small, throwaway details are priceless; I loved the 'Tom Cruise Explodes' strapline on the TV news in the background of one scene.
Yeah i thought that was hilarious. Just finished episode 5 and it gets better and better.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

The Night Of
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2401256/

Good show.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Started outlander - getting into it.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

storrmin571 wrote:Started outlander - getting into it.

Good luck!

There's a lot about it that's good, but it goes on forever ....... and ever ........ and ever ..........