THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:Im a sucker for that sort of shite . I turned it on without knowi g what was and me n missus herd were transfixed by it . dont watch much tv but that was excellent.
Have you seen,"When the wind blows,"? also by Raymond Briggs
Yes, Darkly Unfunny but VERY Informative even from back then.

Herd

Post by Herd »

When the wind blows shows us how insignificant we are in th uk if it ever came to a nuclear war . we are toast . Trident is another waste of money that could be better spent on the nhs .

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

anyone seen this: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... qNCSqmHxtw

Hearing very good reports about it

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The man in the high castle..... Only seen the first episode but looks good so far

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

Highly recommend The Fall, pretty gritty series set in Northern Ireland

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

flash gunner wrote:The man in the high castle..... Only seen the first episode but looks good so far
On the 2nd series at moment. Quite liking it.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

storrmin571 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:The man in the high castle..... Only seen the first episode but looks good so far
Good show. Sucks its only 2 seasons so far.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:
Good show. Sucks its only 2 seasons so far.
Episode 6 of 2nd season now. Needs a bit more action.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Just watched 6 part documentary series called "The Jinx - the lives and deaths of Robert Durst".

Stunning piece of film making based around the backstory of, and an interview with, proper insane billionaire and suspect in 3 murders (his wife, friend and neighbour) Robert Durst. The interview parts are riveting.

He was actually convicted of dismembering the body of his neighbour, but not the murder, as his scumbag defence lawyers got him off on a plea of self defence. The final scenes where after the interview he goes into a bathroom unaware that his mic is still on are chilling...

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Just watched 6 part documentary series called "The Jinx - the lives and deaths of Robert Durst".

Stunning piece of film making based around the backstory of, and an interview with, proper insane billionaire and suspect in 3 murders (his wife, friend and neighbour) Robert Durst. The interview parts are riveting.

He was actually convicted of dismembering the body of his neighbour, but not the murder, as his scumbag defence lawyers got him off on a plea of self defence. The final scenes where after the interview he goes into a bathroom unaware that his mic is still on are chilling...
Wow that sounds like a really good watch, must give it a go. Thanks

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

rjw1985 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Just watched 6 part documentary series called "The Jinx - the lives and deaths of Robert Durst".

:gus: :wink:

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

:gus: :wink:
Haha read my last reply to DB10 on the other thread, I can assure there's no arse kissing going on between us two!

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Saw the trailers for "SS-GB.",looked pretty good,but missed the first episode.
Did anyone see it,if so.....comments

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Saw the trailers for "SS-GB.",looked pretty good,but missed the first episode.
Like you I saw the trailer and liked the concept as an idea - I believe it is based on a book by Len Deighton ?

Was really disappointed with it, didn't hold my attention at all and doubt I will be watching further episodes

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Saw the trailers for "SS-GB.",looked pretty good,but missed the first episode.
Like you I saw the trailer and liked the concept as an idea - I believe it is based on a book by Len Deighton ?

Was really disappointed with it, didn't hold my attention at all and doubt I will be watching further episodes
The book was good-ish, but struggled to live up to the brilliant concept tbh. Saw the trailer and instantly decided I will never watch this. :roll: