Grumpy Git - things that "literally" get on my tit

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
SPUDMASHER

Re: Grumpy Git - things that "literally" get on my tit

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Back in the day, when I was a plod, I often used to stop cars and ask drivers if they forget to select indicators from the list of optional extras when they bought their car. Those that walked into the trap of telling me that they came with the car as standard usually got a £30 reminder to use them.

Motorists as a whole these days do not seem to follow any kind of highway code. They have adopted a 'point and shoot' mentality toward driving with little or no regard to other road users or the consequences of their actions.

I also think that insurers have not helped in this respect. Because they don't want to pay out regardless of the circumstances of an accident they no longer admit fault or just agree to pay. I got hit from behind (please resist the obvious temptation) last year and the other parties insurer tried to dispute the claim on the basis that I had braked too hard. It always used to be a given that you won the claim when hit from behind, not any more.

It's time for a really hard crackdown on poor driving in the UK. All manner of sins from queue jumping, lane hopping, aggressive maneuvering, undertaking, lane hogging (which often results in undertaking), failing to indicate, incorrect use of lights etc. etc. result in more accidents each year than the single thing that does get policed...........speeding.

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

Old people that go shopping on a Saturday. You have all bloody week to go and you choose to go on the only day I have off causing me to sit behind you at 5mph and then to take 10 minutes queuing so you can give the cashier every last 1p you have for your 1 pint of milk :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Back in the day, when I was a plod, I often used to stop cars and ask drivers if they forget to select indicators from the list of optional extras when they bought their car. Those that walked into the trap of telling me that they came with the car as standard usually got a £30 reminder to use them.

Motorists as a whole these days do not seem to follow any kind of highway code. They have adopted a 'point and shoot' mentality toward driving with little or no regard to other road users or the consequences of their actions.

I also think that insurers have not helped in this respect. Because they don't want to pay out regardless of the circumstances of an accident they no longer admit fault or just agree to pay. I got hit from behind (please resist the obvious temptation) last year and the other parties insurer tried to dispute the claim on the basis that I had braked too hard. It always used to be a given that you won the claim when hit from behind, not any more.

It's time for a really hard crackdown on poor driving in the UK. All manner of sins from queue jumping, lane hopping, aggressive maneuvering, undertaking, lane hogging (which often results in undertaking), failing to indicate, incorrect use of lights etc. etc. result in more accidents each year than the single thing that does get policed...........speeding.
Absolutely agree mate, people drive like cretins and even when it's not dangerous it's immensely frustrating.

People will support the idea of more stringent controls and penalties for bad driving. But when those people are actually the ones who being fined for middle-lane hogging, not using indicators etc they will be screaming blue murder about the Nazi police wasting their time on minor offences just to raise money.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I always think there are two very simple questions to those claiming the police pick on motorists to raise money.

Did you commit the offence?
What are you complaining about then?

People think they should be let off because it was easy to catch them. That's just mad. If you are stupid enough to commit an offence of any nature in front of a police officer then you deserve to get nicked for it. That includes those who think that what they did was not an offence. The public don't get to decide what is or isn't an offence and ignorance is certainly no defense.

Having said that, some of this new breed of police have little more clue than the general public. I'm amazed that some of them are allowed on the street. it seems to me these days that they adopt the 'When in doubt plump for an anti terror law' approach to bail themselves out of the shit.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Clueless management.

Not talking about Wenger.

Talking about young chaps who have completed some sort management course who think they know better than people who already have a wealth of experience, knowledge and skills. I was a junior manager myself when I was nineteen. I'm sure I made some mistakes at the time. But I know that I was never guilty of autocratic management. Or arrogance. And I had "people" skills.

You may have guessed by now that I have a new line manger :banghead: :evil: :cussing: . Apart from that, I love my job.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

olgitgooner wrote:Clueless management.

Talking about young chaps who have completed some sort management course who think they know better than people who already have a wealth of experience, knowledge and skills. I was a junior manager myself when I was nineteen. I'm sure I made some mistakes at the time. But I know that I was never guilty of autocratic management. Or arrogance. And I had "people" skills.

You may have guessed by now that I have a new line manger :banghead: :evil: :cussing: . Apart from that, I love my job.
After 30 years in the workforce (sound like anyone you know?) I have come to the conclusion that what separates a good manager from a bad one is a good manager will make a decision because he/she has to, a bad manager will make a decision because he/she has the power to.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Clueless management.

After 30 years in the workforce (sound like anyone you know?) I have come to the conclusion that what separates a good manager from a bad one is a good manager will make a decision because he/she has to, a bad manager will make a decision because he/she has the power to.
Very true. Another variation I have encountered is the bad manager that will make a decision just to be seen making a decision. And it's often the wrong decision.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Spineless workmates.

(Still on the subject of clueless management, really :wink: )

Why is it that some people will shout the odds in private, but not have the balls to make their feelings known to der management?

When I raised a contentious issue with der management yesterday (lack of transport equals lack of efficiency) ,was informed that I was the only person who "had a problem with it". Pffff! What a load of melts. Where's the wanker smilie when you need one?

:evil: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

olgitgooner wrote:Spineless workmates.

(Still on the subject of clueless management, really :wink: )

Why is it that some people will shout the odds in private, but not have the balls to make their feelings known to der management?

When I raised a contentious issue with der management yesterday (lack of transport equals lack of efficiency) ,was informed that I was the only person who "had a problem with it". Pffff! What a load of melts. Where's the wanker smilie when you need one?

:evil: :wink:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

That's the one :)

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

People who take a dump in a plastic bag and leave it on the street.
OK, so you are homeless and that is sad, but at least put the plastic bag in a bin.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

The :censored: stretching himself out on the train seat opposite. If I didn't know how to behave properly, I'd kick him back.

Where's that wanker emoticon? :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

The woman who stood by the doors on the tram, on her phone, while people all round tried to get in and out of the train in rush hour.

Thoughtless :censored:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

arseofacrow you need to stop getting public transport mate :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

QuartzGooner wrote:People who take a dump in a plastic bag and leave it on the street.
OK, so you are homeless and that is sad, but at least put the plastic bag in a bin.
does that actually happen in London? :shock: :shock: :o

I'm from the countryside, so any shit on the street is from a dog!