Grumpy Git - things that "literally" get on my tit

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Grumpy Git - things that "literally" get on my tit

Postby GoonerMuzz » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:56 pm

The Media, in general the people employed could not report the news with impartiality if their lives depended on it.

Here's the thing the journos seem to have forgotten, i want the facts and only the facts, i will then assess those facts and make up my mind on them and form an opinion.

I'm sick to the back teeth of nearly every news item being an opinion piece these days and depending on the leanings of the journalist or media outlet the facts being less fact and more biased personal opinion than anything else :banghead:

Bradywasking

Re: Grumpy Git - things that "literally" get on my tit

Postby Bradywasking » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Really don't want to be disrespectful to anyone but just saw a woman on RTE (Irish Tv) News open her mouth and a cascade of clichés and soundbites fell out.
The news item was the death of Cranberries singer Dolores O Riordan..Very sad news and there was a genuine outpouring of grief in her native Limerick..Crowds queued to view her remains today and RTE News interviewed some of them..All very nice and dignified until this lady seized her moment and started about stars falling from the sky and they were returning that star today...Why do people crave their 15 minutes so much? ,and why can mourning and sympathy not be accompanied by profound clichés and soundbites? Rant over...

Return to “The Cannonballs”