Iran "A" Bomb/Gog U Magog War/Planet Nibiru

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
SPUDMASHER

Re: Iran "A" Bomb/Gog U Magog War/Ukraine WWIII?

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Whilst I'm glad the fella survived it you'd have to say that was shoddy work on the part of IS. I would think it was obvious that someone would try that. I thought that was why they did a walk through afterwards, to finish people off individually.

Anyway, the situation with Putin is a bigger concern than IS in my opinion. IS don't have the capability to mobilise on the scale of Russia and their attacks on the west will be sporadic and small scale. I don't think we should ignore them by any means, they are a real danger, but Russia is trying to de-stabilise Europe as a whole. I don't know what is behind Putin's thinking but he has always been an old style communist. He was initially opposed to reform within the Soviet Union and was an active campaigner against its devolution. In my opinion, and it is just that, I think he wants to expand Russia's borders to such an extent that what was formerly the Soviet Union will become the new Russia. He won't achieve that but he will make considerable gains and will capture plenty of territory. Ukraine is just the first country in his sights. It is a clever strategy to focus on the regions to extreme east of the country too. By doing so he has created a front on both sides which will narrow over time. It's a long term strategy in place there.

The UN is powerless to do anything about this until such time as Germany has alternative energy solutions in place. They're working frantically on this at the moment with Global Tech 1 and 2 and Godewind wind farms off the north coast. The first one was completed last week and the whole farm is now about to start the commissioning process. This will generate massive amounts of renewable power for Germany but is nowhere near enough to make up the shortfall should Russia pull the plug. It will be about 5 more years before they are evn close to that.

One final note on IS though. They were behind the attack on Tripoli airport recently. The result of that is that there are several commercial aircraft that are missing!!!!!

More importantly than any of that though is this simple fact......

Augie thinks it's all Wengers fault :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I think the West and Russia never really stopped the cold war.
It is not as intense and some regulations relaxed as the communist regime fell.
But the rivalry just changed in nature, became more about industrial espionage, cyber warfare and economic duelling.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

It will all end in tears, you mark my words :cry: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Russia pretty clearly armed rebels who shot down a commercial airliner full of European passengers and then refused access to investigators. The story seemed to completely fade away after a fortnight into the general 'Ukraine situation' news theme, crazy.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Far from an expert on Ukrainian politics, but this looks like a significant step up by the UK?
We are sending 75 military personnel to aid the Ukrainian government against the Russian backed rebels.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... Putin.html

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

QuartzGooner wrote:Far from an expert on Ukrainian politics, but this looks like a significant step up by the UK?
We are sending 75 military personnel to aid the Ukrainian government against the Russian backed rebels.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... Putin.html
ridiculous. why the west offered nato membership/eu membership or the prospects of to ukraine was always going to piss the reds off. and their paranoia of encirclement.

nato didnt need ukraine and the eu certainly didnt, they have enough poor eastern states as is.
although russia shouldnt be doing it its you can perhaps see whats triggered it

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

WTF is going on with the dates on this thread. Another sign of Armageddon? :shock: :worried:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nice to see everybody's favourite bitter racist dwarf (NOT Lefty!! :lol: ) North Korean leader Kim Jong-cUnt has put his frontline troops onto a war-footing today. Tensions with South Korea have increased just a smidge after a friendly exchange of artillery shells across the border.

:barscarf:

Yay - you go, ya weird headed little freak (again, NOT Lefty! :wink: ). Let's have us a nice exchange of Nukes!! Yaaaay!!

:barscarf:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

The Muslim vs West war is heating up, as some Moroccan prick tried shooting up an entire train of people in France. Unfortunately for him, there were two US Marines who heard him loading his gun in the bathroom and were able to stop him, or it could have been a fucking massacre.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34023361

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:The Muslim vs West war is heating up, as some Moroccan prick tried shooting up an entire train of people in France. Unfortunately for him, there were two US Marines who heard him loading his gun in the bathroom and were able to stop him, or it could have been a fucking massacre.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34023361
It is not muslim vs west. It is dicks behaving like dicks. 7+% of the town I live in is muslim. My favourite restaurants are run by muslims. In the US many more people are killed in terror attacks by non muslims than muslims every year.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BOOM BOOM BOOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOyj4ciJk34

The end of this world is Nigh......

Wenker OUT! :barscarf: :box:

Nos89

23 September 2015

Post by Nos89 »

For those who enjoy conspiracy theories there is a lot on the internet about something unusual will happen on this day. From End Times, the Raptures, astoroid hitting the Darth, WW3, US economy collapsing, something to do with the Jewish calendar. Lot of speculation...
If we lose against chelski and Tottenham on 23 September could it be End Times for Wenger?

REB

Re: 23 September 2015

Post by REB »

but we have 193 million in the bank to spend next summer so the world cant end :barscarf: :barscarf:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

That sounds just about the real crisis point with migrants entering Europe.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

When the End comes, whenever it may be, Wenger will still be here. He'll probably survive it as well :(