RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Rugby Gooner

Re: RIP Thread

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:01 am
Again we sadly remember the innocent victims of terrorism attacks. Where or when does this end?
When they have killed every person that they consider an infidel on the planet,or in the case of young girls,fucked them,then killed them. :twisted:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

R.I.P. Chieck Tiote.
Collapsed while training in China.
A yellow card waiting to happen,but at 30,gone too soon.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

R.I.P Peter Sallis

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Fuckin' hell, it's sad that Tiote died aged 30 but I thought I'd misread when it mentioned his 50 brothers and sisters.... 50! :shock: his dad had 8 wives :o

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

All who died in Grenfell Towers...The death toll will rise and I fear rise greatly...Why the most basic of safety requirements were seemingly overlooked in favour of cosmetic refurbishment is one question to be answered.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

All tower blocks are death traps!
Lived in one for a couple of years on the 10th floor in Deptford, you had two lifts invariably out of order or pissed in, the staircase was another exit, but other than that, that was it! :shock:
Terrible tragedy though, let's play the blame game now!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:14 am
All who died in Grenfell Towers...The death toll will rise and I fear rise greatly...Why the most basic of safety requirements were seemingly overlooked in favour of cosmetic refurbishment is one question to be answered.
Truly Horrific. Saw pictures in the paper this morning - It literally was a Towering Inferno - Unbeliebale that such a thing should be able or allowed to happen in a so-called major city and developed country...RIP to those who lost their lives ..I feel for their families ..and the Firemen Going Into Such a Terrifying Inferno - Absolute Respect to the m and the Emergency Services.

:bowing21:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Horrendous. And sick that people in this day and age are hell-bent on twisting it for political purposes. Theresa May deserves criticism for yet another personally major miscalculation over how she has dealt with this, but all th people proclaiming that the Tories have blood on their hands - really???

Always had a lot of respect for Harriet Harman but she's been amongst the worst. The number of anti-Tory banners at these marches is sickeningly taking away from the tragedy - in the same way that the indignity outrage from continuing campaigns about Hillsbrough takes away from the human tragedy.

Likewise people who want to criticise Corbyn for supposedly taking advantage of a PR opportunity. Can't people just fucking shut up about politics for five minutes these days?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 pm
Horrendous. And sick that people in this day and age are hell-bent on twisting it for political purposes. Theresa May deserves criticism for yet another personally major miscalculation over how she has dealt with this, but all th people proclaiming that the Tories have blood on their hands - really???

Always had a lot of respect for Harriet Harman but she's been amongst the worst. The number of anti-Tory banners at these marches is sickeningly taking away from the tragedy - in the same way that the indignity outrage from continuing campaigns about Hillsbrough takes away from the human tragedy.

Likewise people who want to criticise Corbyn for supposedly taking advantage of a PR opportunity. Can't people just fucking shut up about politics for five minutes these days?
Agree with your sentiment NB and we should be more grown up about these things. Let the families grieve. Politicians of all colours bare some responsibility. Society as a whole bares some responsibility.

:cry:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:38 pm
Red Snapper wrote:
StuartL wrote:Arsenal FC

R.I.P
Oh dear. Who are you going to support now then?! :wink:
To be fair, I've lost my enthusiasm for football full stop - I have only watched a couple of matches on streams this season and haven't set foot at the Emirates for 5 seasons now.

I dont even watch match of the day anymore.

Its not just us though, a mate of mine who's family of 5 have been Ipswich season ticket holders for years have stopped going after an incident when a steward stopped his daughter from gaining entrance because she didn't have her student id card on her ( to go with her student season ticket) which she had never had to produce before, the chief steward then backed the guy up, so Ipswich have lost 5 lifelong fans...... they don't miss it, they do family stuff, watch local football and it costs a damn sight less.

Football couldn't give 2 fucks about the fans.
Football couldn't give 2 fucks about fans like us. Clicks and likes are more important.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 12:30 pm
Chris Cornell RIP. Superb singer, songwriter. Legend. Only 52 as well. Tragic loss of a grunge and metal legend. :(
Marc Maron has a podcast interview with Chris Cornell from a few years back. Well worth a listen as Cornell was open, intelligent and humurous.

A big loss and loved his voice. RIP.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

arseofacrow wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:23 am
northbank123 wrote:

Agree with your sentiment NB and we should be more grown up about these things. Let the families grieve. Politicians of all colours bare some responsibility. Society as a whole bares some responsibility.

Amazing!
Every Marxist Anarchist Communist is on the bandwagon now!
They are stoking the fire, anti establishment for all to see, blaming the Police Firemen and Government?
Really?
Maybe they should be taken up to the scene to see how fucking difficult it is to identify bodies in a derelict and unsafe structure, a crematoria could not have done a better job!
Honestly they need to be realistic and stop blaming everyone in authority...
Nice to see Mr Khan pass the buck to Theresa, and Brother Corbin timed his entrance to perfection...
Now communist brother McDonnel wants protests against austerity, where were you in 2008 you muppet, when it went tits up then, and remember your comrades leaving a note in the safe stating there is no money left!

As for the bereaved my prayers go to the families, but please do not make this political!...

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:39 am
arseofacrow wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Amazing!
They are stoking the fire, anti establishment for all to see, blaming the Police Firemen and Government?
Really?
Maybe they should be taken up to the scene to see how fucking difficult it is to identify bodies in a derelict and unsafe structure, a crematoria could not have done a better job!
Nice to see Mr Khan pass the buck to Theresa, and Brother Corbin timed his entrance to perfection...
Now communist brother McDonnel wants protests against austerity, where were you in 2008 you muppet, when it went tits up then, and remember your comrades leaving a note in the safe stating there is no money left!

As for the bereaved my prayers go to the families, but please do not make this political!...
Further to both these statements my thoughts and feelings go out to the families devastated by this tragedy but the amount of grief whoring going on in the media and the politicising of these awful events absolutely disgusts me.

I've seen a charnel house in other circumstances in the Balkans and know exactly how the rescue services must be feeling right now and for the media and the left wing politicians to openly apply so much pressure to them shows exactly how low things have sunk in this country. At the moment no one is to blame because the investigation has only just started but stoking the grief of the victims, family and friends into a frenzy endangers the entire investigation and all those doing so should be utterly ashamed and should be made to go in with the crews to see exactly what they are experiencing, this includes the local people who have no direct involvement in the tragedy but who are using it to air their personal greivances.

Lets never forget that although up to 100 people may have lost their lives potentially no-one may be found to be at fault should every current regulation and law be met to the letter, who gets the blame then? :banghead:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:05 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:39 am
arseofacrow wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Amazing!
Really?

Further to both these statements my thoughts and feelings go out to the families devastated by this tragedy but the amount of grief whoring going on in the media and the politicising of these awful events absolutely disgusts me.

I've seen a charnel house in other circumstances in the Balkans and know exactly how the rescue services must be feeling right now and for the media and the left wing politicians to openly apply so much pressure to them shows exactly how low things have sunk in this country. At the moment no one is to blame because the investigation has only just started but stoking the grief of the victims, family and friends into a frenzy endangers the entire investigation and all those doing so should be utterly ashamed and should be made to go in with the crews to see exactly what they are experiencing, this includes the local people who have no direct involvement in the tragedy but who are using it to air their personal greivances.

Lets never forget that although up to 100 people may have lost their lives potentially no-one may be found to be at fault should every current regulation and law be met to the letter, who gets the blame then? :banghead:
Blame the police when they enforce the law, blame the emergency services when they are trying to do their job!
Anarchists and low lives who now want a slice of the action!

BTW how many of the victims actually got what was donated, an emergency workers expression told the story!
Leeches that will profit from someone else's misfortune, grave robbers and we have not had a single funeral as yet...
Again my deepest sympathies go to the families that have lost loved ones....
If they needed a couple of bedrooms in my humble abode, I would offer them, Moslem or otherwise!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

RIP The Duke of Edinburgh.

Too Soon?? :? :-P