RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: RIP Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:15 pm
Naki_Gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:21 pm
The 17 School kids in Florida who did nothing wrong but go to school. How is it the rest of the world, and most Americans for that matter, can see the solution and yet nothing will happen? Maybe in America money is more important to those who have it, than a human life. The Statistics are absolutely mind blowing. Only in America, "The land of the free".
There's been one school shooting in the US each week for the past four years!

The weird thing is that the NRA is not that big or that wealthy, yet they clearly have a lot of influence with the law-makers.

The 'land of the free' locks up more of its own citizens than just about any country on earth, they judicially execute more of their own citizens than just about any country on earth, they live in constant fear of each other and they shoot more of their own citizens than just about any country on earth.
Then again, 38% of them believe that the world is less than 6,000 years old and that evolution doesn't happen (In fact in some states, kids can skip science classes when evolution is being taught).
They really are fucked up.
Wow. Fuck me that is some of the silliest stereotyping and use of urban myths I've ever read.... :lol:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Naki_Gooner wrote:
The 17 School kids in Florida who did nothing wrong but go to school. How is it the rest of the world, and most Americans for that matter, can see the solution and yet nothing will happen? Maybe in America money is more important to those who have it, than a human life. The Statistics are absolutely mind blowing. Only in America, "The land of the free".

The weird thing is that the NRA is not that big or that wealthy, yet they clearly have a lot of influence with the law-makers.

The 'land of the free' locks up more of its own citizens than just about any country on earth, they judicially execute more of their own citizens than just about any country on earth, they live in constant fear of each other and they shoot more of their own citizens than just about any country on earth.
Then again, 38% of them believe that the world is less than 6,000 years old and that evolution doesn't happen (In fact in some states, kids can skip science classes when evolution is being taught).
Wow. Fuck me that is some of the silliest stereotyping and use of urban myths I've ever read.... :lol:

Let me know which bits are 'myths' and I'll send you the evidence.

augie

Post by augie »

There was an article in some paper last week about an ex-cop in America who was fired and successfully sued the police (it was some rural police department) - basically he got a call to attend a domestic incident and when he got there, there was a black guy waving a gun around and telling the cop to shoot him. The cop tried talking him down for a few minutes until 2 other cops arrived on the scene, and when he waved the gun around again, one of the other cops shot him stone dead. The ex-cop got branded a coward and accusations were made that he "froze" (the guy was a former marine ffs :roll: ) and he got fired cos he didn't want to be the latest white cop to shoot a black civilian. The ex-cop argued that the civilian was trying to push for a suicide by police force (when you push them into killing you), and as it turned out the civilian guy had no bullets in his gun - only in America can you get fired for showing restraint and not be eager to kill civilians at will :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:55 pm
There was an article in some paper last week about an ex-cop in America who was fired and successfully sued the police (it was some rural police department) - basically he got a call to attend a domestic incident and when he got there, there was a black guy waving a gun around and telling the cop to shoot him. The cop tried talking him down for a few minutes until 2 other cops arrived on the scene, and when he waved the gun around again, one of the other cops shot him stone dead. The ex-cop got branded a coward and accusations were made that he "froze" (the guy was a former marine ffs :roll: ) and he got fired cos he didn't want to be the latest white cop to shoot a black civilian. The ex-cop argued that the civilian was trying to push for a suicide by police force (when you push them into killing you), and as it turned out the civilian guy had no bullets in his gun - only in America can you get fired for showing restraint and not be eager to kill civilians at will :roll:
Was a bit strange, but then America is strange!....

https://g.co/kgs/5tYtRg

RIP to the innocent and thank god for one with a conscience?..

NickF

Post by NickF »

Naki_Gooner wrote:
and the most fucked up thing is that they believe the solution is to arm the teachers.

augie

Post by augie »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Naki_Gooner wrote:

Surely they have a lot of influence cos they have funded A LOT of american politicians ? We all take the piss about america being full of stupid people, but I refuse to believe that all those politicians support the current gun laws because they actually agree with them. I also refuse to accept that a referendum vote on gun laws in america, would bring anything less than a demand for much tougher gun laws.
Over here we are again in a huge debate about abortion laws and it is heading for another referendum, but in the news I NEVER hear american people call for a referendum on their gun laws - of course when something like what happened in that florida school occurs, the tv is full of american people moaning about the lack of control on guns, but at the same time it always seems like their is an acceptance that their gun laws are the way they are and they are not gonna change :shock: When I see them protesting about issues that are a lot less important, I find it absolutely shocking that they dont seem willing to get off their fat arses and demand changes :evil: :evil:

Of course it is no surprise to see the w**ker in the white house avoid all mention of gun laws when discussing the school massacre - it would be ironic if the old c.unt got murdered by a gun that he should be tightening up control of 8)

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm
Naki_Gooner wrote:
and the most fucked up thing is that they believe the solution is to arm the teachers.

To be fair it seems their teachers prefer to spend their time banging their students 8) :wink:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... times.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l-car.html

http://time.com/5089568/dos-palos-teach ... h-student/

https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/student-t ... loved-him/

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
Naki_Gooner wrote:

Granada is actually right for the most part especially about our jail system, which is FOR PROFIT, which gives those with their hands in the jail systems a reason to lock up as many people as possible (like Attorney General Jeff Sessions for instance).

People love fucking guns here. I don't care how much you think Americans should protest or whatever to get things changed... it simply will NEVER happen. There may be gun reform in the future, but you will never see guns taken away from citizens.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:30 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
Naki_Gooner wrote:

Granada is actually right for the most part especially about our jail system, which is FOR PROFIT, which gives those with their hands in the jail systems a reason to lock up as many people as possible (like Attorney General Jeff Sessions for instance).

People love fucking guns here. I don't care how much you think Americans should protest or whatever to get things changed... it simply will NEVER happen. There may be gun reform in the future, but you will never see guns taken away from citizens.
Of all the countries in the world only the Seychelles locks up a higher percentage of its own citizens.
I can't remember the stat, but the products produced by US prisoners (e.g. mailbags), at very low cost, form a significant export industry.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:53 pm
NickF wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm
Naki_Gooner wrote:

To be fair it seems their teachers prefer to spend their time banging their students 8) :wink:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... times.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l-car.html

http://time.com/5089568/dos-palos-teach ... h-student/

https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/student-t ... loved-him/
Aaaah! Yes, but the term 'banging' in the land of the free ( as long as you believe in Jaaayzzuss Christ, own a gun, believe that Vietnam was worth it coz it enabled lots of (now dead) young American kids to kill "Gooks" for God and Freedom, you go to church on Sundays and KKK meetings on Monday and Friday nights, you are white, you fuck your sister and the dog...and regularly beat the wife & kids with the buckle end of the belt AND believe in the Prezzidentt of the Yoo Nited States (now there's a contradiction in terms) is to be respected no matter what fool is put in the 'White' House) is a term used to mean 'Shooting' - Banging is a term used to describe Gang Fights, usually using firearms of various descriptions.

But I take your point...teacher's fucking their students all for the sake of Lurv.... appears to be rampant.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:24 am
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:30 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

Of all the countries in the world only the Seychelles locks up a higher percentage of its own citizens.
I can't remember the stat, but the products produced by US prisoners (e.g. mailbags), at very low cost, form a significant export industry.

Jim Jefferies the Australian comedian does a good set about American gun laws. He hits a lot on it bang on the head but it has to be said that some of his arguments are a bit too simple. You can see it on his youtube channel. The favourite bit for me is when he talks about responsible gun owners keeping their guns in a safe......." well they're not for protection then are they!"
the main thing he gets right is the argument for owning guns in the first place......"Fuck off, I like guns!"

As regards to the 'land of the free' he rightly points out that in Holland you can smoke weed whilst fucking a prostitute in front of a cop!!!!!! How dare they not call themselves the land of the free!
America has the highest percentage of adult incarceration of any country in the world. The exact figures are not available publicly but it is estimated that 1% of their adult population is in jail.

augie

Post by augie »

Apparently the young people in america have rallied together and are organising a protest march against their gun laws - yesterday oprah winfrey, george clooney and steven spielberg have each donated $500,000 to support the planned marches 8) Obviously collecting $1.5m in support is great, but getting that level of public support from 3 of the most high profile people in america, could be massive

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:16 am
Apparently the young people in america have rallied together and are organising a protest march against their gun laws - yesterday oprah winfrey, george clooney and steven spielberg have each donated $500,000 to support the planned marches 8) Obviously collecting $1.5m in support is great, but getting that level of public support from 3 of the most high profile people in america, could be massive
I heard a radio news snippet of Trump's address to the students, complete with cue card in hand. " Arm the teachers , they will be specially trained and carry a concealed weapon , schools will no longer be gun free.. "
There will be no teachers ,the idea that a trained educator should be a trained killer (even in a defensive capacity) is mind boggling, why would they want to do that? . The nutcases will be in the schools teaching, with the guns supplied for them.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:29 am
augie wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:16 am
I heard a radio news snippet of Trump's address to the students, complete with cue card in hand. " Arm the teachers , they will be specially trained and carry a concealed weapon , schools will no longer be gun free.. "
There will be no teachers ,the idea that a trained educator should be a trained killer (even in a defensive capacity) is mind boggling, why would they want to do that? . The nutcases will be in the schools teaching, with the guns supplied for them.

Teachers running towards the sound of automatic gunfire?

Only if they're Steven Seagal and Bruce Willis.

The janitor had better be careful not to knock his metal bucket over or Mrs. Smith the home science teacher is going to blow his fucking head off.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Back on track.......

RIP American Common Sense :lol: