RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
HARLOW GOONER

Re: RIP Thread

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

RIP Sir John Hurt
One of his last roles is in the film about Lenny Mcleans life story. Coming to cinemas this summer.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

John Surtees,
proper old school sporting legend.
World Champion on 2 wheels,and 4 wheels.
R.I.P.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Chuck Berry died today aged 90. Whilst he had some great moments in the fifties really lived off that. Chose not to see him perform live as he only had one sound, one way of playing, a duck walk and led a colourfully bizarre life.

by the way has anyone read page one of this thread recently?? a bit surprising who the first name is.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:Chuck Berry died today aged 90. Whilst he had some great moments in the fifties really lived off that. Chose not to see him perform live as he only had one sound, one way of playing, a duck walk and led a colourfully bizarre life.

by the way has anyone read page one of this thread recently?? a bit surprising who the first name is.
Obviously it was before the real Jim'll was revealed as the peado filth he was.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Page 1 is interesting

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

As Voyager blasted off from Earth one of the musical items on board to enlighten any aliens that found it was Chuck Berry singing Johnny B Goode.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Martin McGuinness died last night. Is it RIP or burn in hell???

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Nos89 wrote:Martin McGuinness died last night. Is it RIP or burn in hell???
Was hoping this wouldn't make it in here

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Me too, tbh. My view is he was a real enigma and a paradox in many ways. A terrorist who was allegedly responsible for some horrific acts of murder, who then gave up the gun and actually did a lot of good work to help bring some kind of peace to NI. But then there are families of bomb victims and The Disappeared who hold him accountable for not revealing all he allegedly knew of those atrocities, and who can never forgive his lack of remorse for his alleged terrorist acts.

Personally, I despise the Loyalists and the IRA type Republicans for the murder and mayhem they have unleashed on these isles, but the hard cold truth is these are the people you need to talk to if you want to bring peace. And the first man to openly admit that and do it is the only man in this whole mess I truly respect; John Hume. Hume was holding secret talks with the IRA long before the likes of Clinton, Blair and Ahern jumped on the Irish Peace Process bandwagon (after initially criticising Hume) once it looked like it might work.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Me too, tbh. My view is he was a real enigma and a paradox in many ways. A terrorist who was allegedly responsible for some horrific acts of murder, who then gave up the gun and actually did a lot of good work to help bring some kind of peace to NI. But then there are families of bomb victims and The Disappeared who hold him accountable for not revealing all he allegedly knew of those atrocities, and who can never forgive his lack of remorse for his alleged terrorist acts.

Personally, I despise the Loyalists and the IRA type Republicans for the murder and mayhem they have unleashed on these isles, but the hard cold truth is these are the people you need to talk to if you want to bring peace. And the first man to openly admit that and do it is the only man in this whole mess I truly respect; John Hume. Hume was holding secret talks with the IRA long before the likes of Clinton, Blair and Ahern jumped on the Irish Peace Process bandwagon (after initially criticising Hume) once it looked like it might work.
An intelligent reasoned post on a potentially volatile minefield of a subject. :high5:
Shame on Alistair Campbell on BBC Breakfast this morning though,using his passing to get an anti Brexit dig in,
"I talked to him only a couple of weeks ago,and he was scared that Brexit would endanger the peace protest." Reprehensible stuff. :twisted:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

R I p Colin dexter I used to love morse

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

RIP Ryan McBride captain of Derry City FC who was found dead in his home aged just 27..He had played for Derry City two days prior to his death.. Circumstances are unknown as yet but 27 is far too young..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:RIP Ryan McBride captain of Derry City FC who was found dead in his home aged just 27..He had played for Derry City two days prior to his death.. Circumstances are unknown as yet but 27 is far too young..
RIP. Terrible thing to happen to a young bloke. A guy on my brother's football team died similarly a few years ago at a training session. He was (I think) 28. He was doing a few laps and just collapsed and died in front of his team mates. They thought it was a heart attack or brain hemorrhage but the autopsy didn't back either. Looked like it might have been SADS.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ronnie Moran, former Liverpool player and coach...RIP

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Ronnie Moran, former Liverpool player and coach...RIP

RIP a proper football man. Is he the last of the old Boot Room now gone? :(