Your most HATED music.

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
olgitgooner

Re: Your most HATED music.

Post by olgitgooner »

Anything by Michael Jackson.

The guy was a brilliant showman. I can understand why people would respond to his stage presence/charisma. But, seriously, his music was manufactured shit.

There is also the issue of his alleged sexual crimes against children. Personally, I think he was guilty as charged. And so did some of the jurors.

I always switch radio stations when a Jackson song comes on. Thankfully, I never hear music from Gary Glitter anymore.

Crash helmet on. And awaiting abuse from MJ fans. :-P :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

olgitgooner wrote:Anything by Michael Jackson.

The guy was a brilliant showman. I can understand why people would respond to his stage presence/charisma. But, seriously, his music was manufactured shit.

There is also the issue of his alleged sexual crimes against children. Personally, I think he was guilty as charged. And so did some of the jurors.

I always switch radio stations when a Jackson song comes on. Thankfully, I never hear music from Gary Glitter anymore.

Crash helmet on. And awaiting abuse from MJ fans. :-P :wink:
I strongly believe that the less savoury elements of Gary Glitter's personality have prevented Rock n Roll Christmas from becoming the real Christmas classic that it merits.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I don't know if Michael Jackson did what was alleged but I fear he did.

As for his music, The Jacksons/Jackson 5 were a proper and at times gritty Funk band, played their own instruments and could groove with the best of them.

As a solo artist?

Off The Wall and Thriller were great albums.
A cleaner more poppy sound, but classics of their type.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

QuartzGooner wrote:I don't know if Michael Jackson did what was alleged but I fear he did.

As for his music, The Jacksons/Jackson 5 were a proper and at times gritty Funk band, played their own instruments and could groove with the best of them.

As a solo artist?

Personally I don't believe Jackson did what he was accused of, I watched the court case and the evidence was a joke against him.
Off the wall is probably the best album ever made.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

afcforever wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:I don't know if Michael Jackson did what was alleged but I fear he did.

As a solo artist?

Personally I don't believe Jackson did what he was accused of, I watched the court case and the evidence was a joke against him.
Off the wall is probably the best album ever made.
Great albums but the best ever - can't agree with that at all.

8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm with olgit on this one - Mick the kiddie fiddler was shite, his music was ubershite and the dirty fucker was guilty as sin. :x

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:I'm with olgit on this one - Mick the kiddie fiddler was shite, his music was ubershite and the dirty fucker was guilty as sin. :x
Agreed 8)

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Not a fan of Michael Jackson's music by any means but I think he was innocent.

The trial by media of him was pretty sickening, most of it was based around the fact that he looked and talked a bit funny. When you look at the facts of the case it's pretty obvious that the family who accused him were just trying to extort money from him after he'd stopped supporting them. The mother behind the whole thing had form for coaching her sons to shoplift and then accusing the security guard of molesting them once they'd been caught. A proven lie. Her testimony was so garbled it supposedly had members of the jury laughing and the prosecution lawyer had to table objections to the things she said :?

He was clearly a very strange man, possibly to be expected after being in the music bubble since he was 8. His death showed that he hardly surrounded himself with the best people either but the kiddy-fiddler stuff should have been dropped the second the not-guilty verdict was read out and frankly a lot of people, especially the media, owed him an apology imo.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

ed sheeran
mumford and sons
folky hipster men and fucking whispy teenage beards. 8)

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:ed sheeran
mumford and sons
folky hipster men and fucking whispy teenage beards. 8)
Levellers rip-off with even fewer tunes. Dreadful bunch of faux-yokel bastards.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Taylor Swift and Pitbull.

One's a sellout *word censored* and the other is Pitbull.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

gp543 wrote:Taylor Swift and Pitbull.

One's a sellout *word censored* and the other is Pitbull.
I keep hearing this but I was completely unaware that Taylor Swift made anything other than shite pop songs? :shock:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Hate all that DJ shite too. Hate alot of gangsta rap (not all, but most). Hate all Elvis (except the song Suspicious Minds). Hate reggae (but love Ska!!). Hate dance music. Hate electronic music. Hate emo metal (whining bitches). Hate manufactured pop/boy bands.

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

Love rock, metal, Ska, punk, alot of indie (but not all), alot of sixties stuff too. Love guitar-based music most. 8)
DB10,If you like Ska have you listened to the Dualers? The singers a huge Gooner too,

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Music I Hate - Anything that wenger like s- coz he's a CUNTT!

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Grunge and indie, manufactured shit is also up there as a no go.