Pistorius Trial, Will he Walk????

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Pistorius Trial, Will he Walk????

Post by officepest »

It's like RolyPoly never left.

Murder beef was never going to stick, far too hard to prove given the evidence.

Doesn't alter the fact that I believe he did indeed intend to kill Reeva. A question to nobody in particular, but can anybody from a country that has lenient gun ownership laws (Ed, Barrie, any from the US, SA etc...) advise me why hollow point bullets are easily available? Is standard 9mm ammo not enough to drop your average home invader?

Am I correct in saying that they contravene the Geneva Convention re use in warfare but are allowed for private citizens to use in home defence?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

officepest wrote:It's like RolyPoly never left.

Doesn't alter the fact that I believe he did indeed intend to kill Reeva. A question to nobody in particular, but can anybody from a country that has lenient gun ownership laws (Ed, Barrie, any from the US, SA etc...) advise me why hollow point bullets are easily available? Is standard 9mm ammo not enough to drop your average home invader?

Am I correct in saying that they contravene the Geneva Convention re use in warfare but are allowed for private citizens to use in home defence?
Im guessing the answer is as here, drops them faster.

http://www.corneredcat.com/article/ammu ... dangerous/

Some may argue that if the home invader has them then the home defender should be allowed them. Its never of course the gun that kills but the loon who pulls the trigger :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote:
officepest wrote:It's like RolyPoly never left.

Im guessing the answer is as here, drops them faster.

http://www.corneredcat.com/article/ammu ... dangerous/

Some may argue that if the home invader has them then the home defender should be allowed them. Its never of course the gun that kills but the loon who pulls the trigger :|

As a licensed fire arm owner and a serious believer in the right to own guns I can confirm that that particular idiom is the truth. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. 8)

But hey, Herd will tell you that's the fault of the police, not the fucker that pulled the trigger! :lol: :wink:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:As a licensed fire arm owner and a serious believer in the right to own guns I can confirm that that particular idiom is the truth. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. 8)

But hey, Herd will tell you that's the fault of the police, not the fucker that pulled the trigger! :lol: :wink:
Yeah but guns make it sooo much easier to waste a room full of fools.

I can understand licensed, locked firearms for target shooting and the like, but to be able to stroll into Walmart and pick up an AR15 with your steak seems daft.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:As a licensed fire arm owner and a serious believer in the right to own guns I can confirm that that particular idiom is the truth. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. 8)

Yeah but guns make it sooo much easier to waste a room full of fools.

I can understand licensed, locked firearms for target shooting and the like, but to be able to stroll into Walmart and pick up an AR15 with your steak seems daft.
Agreed 100%. There is absolutely no justification for private ownership of automatic or even semi auto assault rifles or high capacity clips either. Also, whilst I do believe in the right to bear arms I don't believe every fucker has that right.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Oscar wants to buy a new bathroom door but his girlfriend is dead against it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Oscar wants to buy a new bathroom door but his girlfriend is dead against it.
:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The sentencing hearing is nearly as long as the trial.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:The sentencing hearing is nearly as long as the trial.

Just send the c.unt to jail already - if this drugged up b.stard wasn't a sad "he has no legs" story, he would be doing porridge long before now :evil: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:The sentencing hearing is nearly as long as the trial.

Just send the c.unt to jail already - if this drugged up b.stard wasn't a sad "he has no legs" story, he would be doing porridge long before now :evil: :evil:
Interesting theory, augie. :rubchin:

But I think you'll find you left the following words out;

"White"

"Rich"

"Famous"

"South"

"Africa".

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I believe this murdering scumbag will receive his slap on the wrist today?

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

He got 5 years for the culpable homicide and 3 years suspended for the firearms offence.

So Oscar will do some jail time and I have to say that anything less would have been too light in my opinion.

However, this is not necessarily over now. Both defence and prosecution can appeal the sentencing so we may see further changes yet.

augie

Post by augie »

SPUDMASHER wrote:He got 5 years for the culpable homicide and 3 years suspended for the firearms offence.

So Oscar will do some jail time and I have to say that anything less would have been too light in my opinion.

However, this is not necessarily over now. Both defence and prosecution can appeal the sentencing so we may see further changes yet.

They probably wont, but they most certainly should :( It never ceases to amaze me how money can make such a difference in cases like this - yes I know that the wealthy get more favourable treatment, but to this degree ?? Shocking fcuking decision :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So The White Man still is above the Law in Africa.

it f'ing stinks.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

He'll get out after 2 years for "good behaviour". :x

"Good behaviour" of course being "not shooting anyone" - because he didn't have a gun in there with him. :roll:

But hey - his "life has been destroyed"! Oh Noes! :worried:

Not nearly as much as the ex-girlfriend's life though, huh? :x