Coming over to Dublin

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Coming over to Dublin

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I am coming over to Dublin for my birthday in November, so I was after some advice from my Irish brothers on good places to stay, see, eat and drink :barscarf:

I am however expecting some friendly abuse, but please.....be gentle :wink: :lol:

REB

Re: Coming over to Dublin

Post by REB »

Dublin is expensive but lots of good places to stay , one word of advice is stay away from temple bar but there are great pubs on dame st plus the mercantile hotel which is on that street is also home to the dublin/arsenal supporters club.

LeftfootlegendGooner

REB wrote:Dublin is expensive but lots of good places to stay , one word of advice is stay away from temple bar but there are great pubs on dame st plus the mercantile hotel which is on that street is also home to the dublin/arsenal supporters club.
Cheers Reb, yes have heard it is expensive but I have been to Rome and paid £7 for a peroni so nothing can shock me now :shock: :lol:

I will look in on Dame St plus the Mercantile too :barscarf:

My best mate and his wife are meeting us from Lisburn so will be quality 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
REB wrote:Dublin is expensive but lots of good places to stay , one word of advice is stay away from temple bar but there are great pubs on dame st plus the mercantile hotel which is on that street is also home to the dublin/arsenal supporters club.
Cheers Reb, yes have heard it is expensive but I have been to Rome and paid £7 for a peroni so nothing can shock me now :shock: :lol:

Good advice from the Limerick-based Cork monkey. 8) :wink: :wink:

As stated, avoid Temple Bar. Rip off prices and full of mongs and students. South side of the city centre tends to be nicer but dearer, North side cheaper but a bit of a mixed bag regarding nice people and scumbags tbh! :lol: :wink:

Oh and if you are on the LUAS (tram) be extra vigilant, it's a hunting ground for pickpockets. :x

Hope you have a blast, Lefty. Dublin is a great city. Loads of great pubs and nice places to eat (Epicurean food hall just off Abbey Street, near Jervis LUAS stop is excellent).

Just take the same precautions you would in any other city. 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:

Good advice from the Limerick-based Cork monkey. 8) :wink: :wink:

As stated, avoid Temple Bar. Rip off prices and full of mongs and students. South side of the city centre tends to be nicer but dearer, North side cheaper but a bit of a mixed bag regarding nice people and scumbags tbh! :lol: :wink:

Oh and if you are on the LUAS (tram) be extra vigilant, it's a hunting ground for pickpockets. :x

Hope you have a blast, Lefty. Dublin is a great city. Loads of great pubs and nice places to eat (Epicurean food hall just off Abbey Street, near Jervis LUAS stop is excellent).

Just take the same precautions you would in any other city. 8)
Cheers mate, much appreciated, can't wait :barscarf:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

im going to take the liberty of jumping on the back of this, likely to be doing a m8s trip to dublin at a similar time, does the same recommendations to lefty hold true fro 6 late 20 year old men? (mixture of attached and free tickets...so meat market recmmenations welcome too)

good nightlife, bars, strip clubs?

cheers

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:I am coming over to Dublin for my birthday in November, I am however expecting some friendly anal abuse, but please.....be gentle :wink: :lol:
:shock: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stay the fuck away from temple bar ,was an article in paper last week ,where the Temple bar pub charged €19.90 for 2 pts of lager and 2 packets of crisps.

LeftfootlegendGooner

StuartL wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:I am coming over to Dublin for my birthday in November, I am however expecting some friendly anal abuse, but please.....be gentle :wink: :lol:
:shock: :barscarf:
:shock: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

mcdowell42 wrote:Stay the fuck away from temple bar ,was an article in paper last week ,where the Temple bar pub charged €19.90 for 2 pts of lager and 2 packets of crisps.
This temple bar sounds like its prices are on a par with top London night clubs, Shall definitely stay away, thanks for the warning MC42, is that from experience or a twitter source :rubchin: :lol:

Talking of expensive drinks, we have a pub near us that is alongside the Test and we often pop in for drink after walking the dog, a shandy and a glass of wine is £12 :|

Nice pub though :D

REB

Post by REB »

the playing mantis wrote:im going to take the liberty of jumping on the back of this, likely to be doing a m8s trip to dublin at a similar time, does the same recommendations to lefty hold true fro 6 late 20 year old men? (mixture of attached and free tickets...so meat market recmmenations welcome too)

cheers

dublin is full of clubs and pubs , if you head up grafton street which is the main shopping street there you will find plenty of good places , plenty of little side streets which have plenty of good boozers, db10 is often found in the george which im told is always full of singles looking for a good night :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

There are a few FXB restaurants in dublin which are great steakhouses 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:There are a few FXB restaurants in dublin which are great steakhouses 8)
augie is bang on the money there, Lefty. FXB's are fantastic. Top quality steak and craft beers. And reasonably priced too - for Dublin! 8)

Book in advance though as they do a roaring trade;

http://www.fxbuckley.ie/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

REB wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:im going to take the liberty of jumping on the back of this, likely to be doing a m8s trip to dublin at a similar time, does the same recommendations to lefty hold true fro 6 late 20 year old men? (mixture of attached and free tickets...so meat market recmmenations welcome too)

cheers

dublin is full of clubs and pubs , if you head up grafton street which is the main shopping street there you will find plenty of good places , plenty of little side streets which have plenty of good boozers, I'm often found in the george which is always full of singles looking for a good night :wink:
Does your missus know about your "alternative lifestyle" REB? :lol: :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

ah the auld dublin edit :mrgreen:

i used to hate dublin tbh but the last few times ive been up there have been great nights and am heading there in aug and nov for a few days away with the mrs, would defo recommend it for a good weekend.