Israel/Gaza

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
goonersid

Israel/Gaza

Post by goonersid »

The Israelis, murdering basrards.
And the Western world for standing by and watching them commit Genocide. unwilling to act because of Jewish money

DB10GOONER

Re: The utter "Neil Mrs Doubtfire Warnock" Thread!!

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:The Israelis, murdering basrards.
And the Western world for standing by and watching them commit Genocide. unwilling to act because of Jewish money
If any of our viewers are upset by anything they've seen on tonights show..... :lol: :wink:

Christ, sid. Can we please not get into the whole Isreali/Palestinian thing again? People that want to reply please PM sid. Thank you. 8)

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Anyone who rightly or wrongly comments about Israelis murdering after wishing our manager be found at an unfortunate end of a rope. :barscarf: :barscarf:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

goonersid wrote:The Israelis, murdering basrards.
What a crock of cobblers.

Genocide?
We could do it if we wanted too, but we don't.
We've killed less in three weeks than die in a day in Syria.
1.2M Gazans, just over 1000 dead.
We drop leaflets telling the civilians where to go to avoid missiles, we text them too.
In what way is that even close to Genocide?

But good old Hamas choose to embed their thugs in apartments, schools, hospital and mosques!

Hamas were literally going to invade in late September.
We have to kick butt.
We have been very much restrained, only about a 20th of the army has gone in.
Sad for the civilians that die/get injured, but that is the price they pay for Hamas's rocket attacks and invasion plans.

Jewish money?
What planet are you on?
Let's all resort to stereoptypes eh?

But in case you need a lesson in geopolitics, which it seems you do, our allies in this war are Egypt and Saudi Arabia, more so than the USA.
And the Saudis have as good as been calling the shots with the Americans since 2008.

Tell you what Sid.
You go and live in Gaza.
No bacon sandwiches for you.
No beer.
And probably you'd be lynched, because you are Catholic.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

QuartzGooner wrote: We drop leaflets telling the civilians where to go to avoid missiles, we text them too.
Don't really want to get too involved in this because I could care less about religion and everything it entails.

With that being said, where were these supposed leaflets when 4 children were blown up playing football on a beach?

Also, if you do tell civilians where it's "safe" to go, how comes two UN hospitals have been blown up after the UN themselves declared them safe zones?

Seems a breach of international law, no?

Anyway, the main thing is children need to stop being mutilated because people are fighting about "God".

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

There will inevitably be casualties in a war.
If troops are fired on, in most cases they return fire.
But there have been hundreds of cases of Israeli pilots locking onto targets with missiles, then failing to shoot and abandoning the targets because civilians would die.

The Gaza civilians were in no doubt that a ground invasion was imminent, we give them ample chance to leave for another part of Gaza by telling them exactly where we will bomb.
If they stay, it is through ignorance, foolish pride or because Hamas keep them there.

Out of the two hospitals that have been hit, the first was a Hamas rocket that fell short.
The second is so far unclear what happened, so far it looks as if Hamas fired from the hospital, so tanks fired back shells.

A self declared "safe zone" is what exactly, in a war?

But Hamas's military commanders sit in a bunker under Shifa hospital.
Israel has held back, because of so called "Western Public Opinion."
Really we should have bombed it with bunker busting bombs and gone in properly.

As for the UN, they found Hamas rockets in a hospital and gave them back to Hamas!
The UN has little legitimacy in this war.

But the fear is that if Hamas are totally destroyed, IS (ISIS) or Al Queda take over.

It is about G-D, and it is about defending one's own civilians against nutters who want to invade and kidnap and murder them.
If the plan had succeeded, we would have seen about 20,000 civilian casualties in Israel.

What would have followed that would have made this seem like a skirmish.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

^ I don't know what a "Safe zone" is in war, you're the one who said you tell civilians where to go in order to avoid missiles, in other words, a safe zone.

Also, you saying casualties will "inevitably" happen in war and saying the civilians had "ample" time to leave still doesn't explain why four innocent boys playing football on a beach were decimated?

They were intentionally blow up, that's fu*king heinous.

Killing babies and children is the most immoral thing possible.

If there is a God, most of these so called "religious" people won't be in heaven, they're the ultimate hypocrites.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I'm finding it harder evry day to have any sympathy with Israel.

Their conduct during this latest bout of fighting has been deplorable to say the least.

Quartz, I understand and respect that you have a much better insight to this than may of us but don't doubt for a minute that the "so called Western Public Opinion" is anything other than 'actual' western opinion. Israel is fast losing support from the common man in the western world if not from their governments.

Last weekend over 21 million people in the western world joined demonstration marches to protest against Israels actions. That is a large amount of people that think their actions are totally disproportionate. They generally say that the amount of people on a march only represent a small minority of those that share the same opinion.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Steven Gerrard...for reasons mentioned in another thread.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The right wing Israeli demonstrators who sang in a a rally "There are no schools in Gaza..all the children are dead" ...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Steveee me gerrard - one *word censored* of a scouse *word censored*.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:^ I don't know what a "Safe zone" is in war, you're the one who said you tell civilians where to go in order to avoid missiles, in other words, a safe zone.

Also, you saying casualties will "inevitably" happen in war and saying the civilians had "ample" time to leave still doesn't explain why four innocent boys playing football on a beach were decimated?

They were intentionally blow up, that's fu*king heinous.

Killing babies and children is the most immoral thing possible.
The Gazan civilians were told where to go to avoid shelling.
The Israeli military has intentionally attacked certain areas of Gaza, and left others clear so that civilians can flee there.
Not nice for a civilian, but at this time of year the night temperature in Gaza are 24 degrees C through the night, so it is possible to sleep outside.

But a "Safe Zone?" as you describe it.
Cannot exist.
Because the UN designates a school or hospital as theirs, if the Hamas launch RPGs out of it then Israeli will fire back.
You cannot have the UN claiming a "Safe Zone" then allowing Hamas to use it as a military base, it immediately renders their concept of a "Safe Zone" irrelevant if Israel returns fire, which on ever occasion a hospital or school has been hit has been why they have been hit.

The kids on the beach were not intentionally blown up.
Saying that is heinous.
The military returned fire to the area they were in.
As I said, so many air force missions have been abandoned when a target is in the cross hairs, simply because the pilot realised civilians would be hurt.

Children die in war, it is horrible but that is war.
It is them or us.
If we do not destroy their tunnels, they will use them to come into Israel and kidnap our children.
That is what they were plotting for this September.
It is why there has been less trouble in Gaza in the last few months, because they wanted quiet to get on with their evil plan.

Spud

Whether I am better informed than others I cannot say for sure.
But as an Israel citizen I have a vested interest.

I too think that Israel's actions are disproportionate.
But I think Israel needs to go in harder, crush Hamas, prepare for an authority in Gaza that lets it's people live a productive life.
The only line I would draw is to keep it at conventional weapons.

"Western" Opinion matters not to me except in that it could become a threat to my safety.
These marches are mainly Muslims who hate my guts for simply being alive, whether there would be a state of Israel or not.
Hamas in their charter want to destroy Israel and all Jews worldwide.
The marchers do little if anything when Jihadists kills hundred in the Central African Republic, or Syria, or Iraq.
Where are the marches, when hundreds of thousands of their own religionists are slaughtered?
Those who understand the nature of warfare against a terror group in (mainly urban areas will know there is no easy way to defeat it.
Israel has to destroy the tunnels and then prevent more being built, that is what this is about.

Brady

Those who chanted were wrong.
Their actions were not in accordance with my faith.
Others at the demo tried to shut them up.

But what of the Arab men women, and children who baked Eid Al Fitr cakes in the shape of Grad rockets and AK-47's?
Who dance and sing when a Hamas rocket lands in Israel?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I would venture to suggest that Both sides are wrong, in that this is another sad and bloody chapter in a tome that is thousands upon thousands of years old.
The problem is not only do both (Wrong) peoples/Faiths think they are right, but they seem unable and incapable of leaving the past were it is in the past. Rather than consider both the present and (perhaps especially) the future, because that is where their children will dwell.

Everyone has an opinion, both individuals and collectives - and I am sure each side in this conflict can point to events in the past - both recent and long ago - where they have suffered at the hands of the other side.

One of the problems is that both believe they are acting/doing whatever they do in the name of their 'God'.

But if there is a God - an all encompassing divine wise being - then surely that divine omnificence does not differentiate between one culture/country/faith/belief system and another. So to claim that they are right to do whatever it is they are doing in the name of 'god' is nothing more than egotistical arrogance and ignorance.

Each calling the other 'devils', but as a very wise man once said 'There Is Only One Devil And That Is The Ego', I feel he spoke truth, because all this conflict regardless of the past wrongs done, is all about Ego. If the parties genuinely want "Peace" as in No More War, No More Conflict, they would think, speak and act from their hearts, if only for the sake of their children and their children and their children etc etc.

This madness MUST Stop, I think it will take the wisest to stop first, but we live in a world of fools, and sadly it is those fools who hold the reigns of power - a power they are unwilling to share and do good with.

Not only are lives being destroyed, but millions and millions of pounds/dollars profit are being made from the manufacture and sale of the weapons being used.

What we need are leaders with vision in their hearts and minds not anger and revenge.

:? :cry:

Edit: I was brought up in a strict RC household, so I know nothing of the intricacies of these peoples faiths and beliefs, so if I have offended anyone, I regret that as it wasn't intentional.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Anybody who is ULTRA religious.

Religious genocide has happened and is still happening in various places on our small planet. It has happened throughout history. It has caused more human suffering than even greed. It has also been used to control the masses and the minorities. So, in my view, it is inherently evil.

I have to say that the main culprits, in recent times are, in my opinion, those who blindly follow the ULTRA versions of the Muslim faith. We have black Christians being slaughtered in Africa by Muslim malitias (which gets no media coverage at all). We have Christians living in Muslim controlled countries who are being punished for not observing Muslim religious fasting practices.

We also have Sunni and Shia murdering each other in the name of Allah. It's sick. They all have the same God and prophet.

Religion has also been hijacked by people with political agendas. ISIS. Hamas. Hezbola. And all the rest of them.

And, before anyone accuses me of being anti- Muslim or Jewish/Israeli...I am not.

And the horrible deaths in Gaza could be largely avoided if the Hamas people firing rockets would move themselves into open areas where they could meet their God without taking innocent people with them.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

QuartzGooner wrote: Children die in war, it is horrible but that is war.
It is them or us.
Sorry, but children are not "them" in this equation, "them" would be the actual soldiers you're supposedly trying to kill (although you seem to have more of a penchant for obliterating women and kids).

You make it sound as if you have no choice but to kill minors.

Religion has always caused more harm than good; the greatest sham in human history. (Don't mean to offend any pious people, that's just my opinion - and one that can be backed by millions upon millions of deaths, hypocrisy, heinous acts, and evils conducted by so called "religious" people throughout the history of mankind)

You shouldn't need a book/Bible/Quran to decipher what's right and wrong in this world.