Anyone Here A Vet?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Arsenal Till I Die

Anyone Here A Vet?

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I know its a longshot. Nothing serious, just want to ask a couple of questions.

Went to the vet yesterday for a "free" consultation only to have her not be interested in my dog at all but to sell me stuff :roll:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Re: Anyone Here A Vet?

Post by LDB »

You sure it wasn't stuff to make your dog better? :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

LDB wrote:You sure it wasn't stuff to make your dog better? :lol:
:lol: :lol:

He's not the mug with the wallet. :barscarf:

She tried selling me all this stuff without even looking at him. I know he's not ill in the chucking up can't move and whining in pain sense but if I have brought him, even for my own peace of mind, you think a quick check would occur .

It was literally one blimps then right on her computer.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

There's a few Irish lads on here that interfere with goats :shock: I don't know if that qualifies as a vet :rubchin:

But on a serious note I have a dog and recently paid out a lot of money for him even though he is insured, vets are very very expensive around here and I think in general nowadays.

A factor in this could be the recent economic downturn that has resulted in a lot of pet owners taking their pets a lot less to the vets. Also not insuring their dogs which the vets love because like a garage fixing a car through insurance, you're going to make sure it gets the very top treatment thus most profit :roll:

In essence I'm putting vets on the *word censored* thread 8) :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Yeah, man. Did 2 tours in Nam. 67 through 68. 8)

:mrgreen:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:Yeah, man. Did 2 tours in Nam. 67 through 68. 8)

You were one of those "tunnel rats" weren't you :shock: :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:There's a few Irish lads on here that interfere with goats :shock: I don't know if that qualifies as a vet :rubchin:

But on a serious note I have a dog and recently paid out a lot of money for him even though he is insured, vets are very very expensive around here and I think in general nowadays.

A factor in this could be the recent economic downturn that has resulted in a lot of pet owners taking their pets a lot less to the vets. Also not insuring their dogs which the vets love because like a garage fixing a car through insurance, you're going to make sure it gets the very top treatment thus most profit :roll:

Thing is, I have him insured for life but the excess normally costs more than the treated so I never bother. He is happy and healthy, I think he is suffering from an allergic reaction from something which is why in just wanted the vet to check but didn't even look at it.

Vets know that they can billed money from people because most people will do what it takes for their pets. It is kind of like lawyers who charge for people who require a certain service and I don't doubt that when I qualify as a lawyer andnchsrging per minute to write a letter I will appear on the *word censored* thread :lol: :D

Arsenal Till I Die

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:There's a few Irish lads on here that interfere with goats :shock: I don't know if that qualifies as a vet :rubchin:

Also, I hope your dog is now healthy and well, mate.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:

Cheers mate, yes he is, a mate of mine chucked a stick for him (never chuck sticks for a dog, loads of dogs are injured or worse a year chasing sticks) and being a very fast and keen Labrador gun dog he ran and pounced on it, problem was it had stuck in the ground and was pointing upward, worse still was that it had been cut down and had a point.

It went in through his mouth and 8 inches down the side of his inner throat, never seen and heard a dog make the noise he did, I had to hold him down to stop making it worse and had to make the choice of leaving it in place or pulling it out.

I pulled it out and it was proper imbedded, put my thumb over the whole and in his mouth to try and stem any bleed but tbf it didn't bleed much at all.

Rushed him to vets and they sorted the rest apart from there were some bits of stick left which came out through a boil in his neck a couple of weeks back (the accident happened 18 months ago).

My problem with the vet and I did convey this to them was that when it initially happened he should have been scanned to reassure us that either there was no stick left inside or that there was and the swelling in his neck every few months was the result of the stick working it's way out and us paying hundreds of pounds just for them to give antibiotics. *word censored*

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

I assumed this was going to be a thread exploring cheap options for having Diaby put down?

Hope the dog gets well soon.

Arsenal Till I Die

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:

Cheers mate, yes he is, a mate of mine chucked a stick for him (never chuck sticks for a dog, loads of dogs are injured or worse a year chasing sticks) and being a very fast and keen Labrador gun dog he ran and pounced on it, problem was it had stuck in the ground and was pointing upward, worse still was that it had been cut down and had a point.

It went in through his mouth and 8 inches down the side of his inner throat, never seen and heard a dog make the noise he did, I had to hold him down to stop making it worse and had to make the choice of leaving it in place or pulling it out.

I pulled it out and it was proper imbedded, put my thumb over the whole and in his mouth to try and stem any bleed but tbf it didn't bleed much at all.

Rushed him to vets and they sorted the rest apart from there were some bits of stick left which came out through a boil in his neck a couple of weeks back (the accident happened 18 months ago).

My problem with the vet and I did convey this to them was that when it initially happened he should have been scanned to reassure us that either there was no stick left inside or that there was and the swelling in his neck every few months was the result of the stick working it's way out and us paying hundreds of pounds just for them to give antibiotics. *word censored*
Jesus! I can't imagine what you and the poor dog must have went through. As I said, I am glad that he is fit and healthy now. The Mrs and I have a Jack Russell and he is a bundle of energy and is always running into things and he worries the hell out of me when he clatters head first into stuff but it never seems to bother him. Dumb git lol.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:lol:

Was going to reply with "you call your missus a tunnel?!" but remembered the poor lady has been through alot this last year and decided not to write it. Oh, hang on... oops... :oops: :|

:wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh yeah, there used to be a bloke in my old man's local years ago called "Jack Russell". :lol:

Straight up. You have got to admire either his parents' sense of humour or the fact that two such cataclysmically retarded people managed to have and raise a child. :shock:

:lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:

Was going to reply with "you call your missus a tunnel?!" but remembered the poor lady has been through alot this last year and decided not to write it. Oh, hang on... oops... :oops: :|

:shock: :lol:

I told her this and thought she would see the funny side, she's crying.....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:

:shock: :lol:

I told her this and thought she would see the funny side, she's crying.....
:lol: :lol:

That's you sleeping in the wankhut - oops, sorry - shed again. :-P :wink: