Gazza

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
clockender1

Gazza

Post by clockender1 »

doesn't look like he's long for this world :

although i detested the fat mars bar munching burping geordie, he did have some tremendous skill, and i'll always try to think of THAT goal v Scotland, rather than his years at the swamp dwellers.

poor sod.

:|

flash gunner

Re: Gazza

Post by flash gunner »

Blimey he looks ill :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

In his book which was published a while ago he talked about being terrified he was going to die, likewise after a fairly recent admission to a treatment facility.

A truly troubled individual, that was apparent even from reading his book. Don't buy all this 'Ferguson would have straightened him out' crap - he has always needed a mental health professional rather than a good football manager.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Poor man. ex-spud yes, but he's a human being - can you imagine how we would feel if he were one of ours.

Most promising youngsters and top quality players these days are looked after - so they (hopefully) won't end up like that.

Just sad That's all.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Kenny Sansom was heading rapidly in the same direction. I believe that Arsenal stepped up and helped him through his troubles.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fucking nutcase. He was badly advised for a long time, suffered injuries at important moments and because he's probably a bit too trusting, let people take advantage of him. He may have himself to blame for all the boozing but it does make you wonder what would have happened if he was ten years younger and played during Premier League's boom years.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

fuckin ell, i read somewhere he had just signed for a non league team in Bournemouth :?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Don't know about anyone else but I'm glad this isn't another thread about the Middle East crisis :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I was expecting a load of maps and talk about a god that no one has ever seen.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

flash gunner wrote:Don't know about anyone else but I'm glad this isn't another thread about the Middle East crisis :wink:
:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

The man had/has no intelligence whatsoever - that might sound harsh but his football career is littered when examples of stupidity from him but he just hadn't got the aptitude to learn from those mistakes. He lived a life of privilege earning considerably more than the average working man but yet attracts loads of sympathies when there are thousands of people across england who are in the same state and no-one to help them. That's not to say I don't feel sorry for the guy cos I do and it's heartbreaking to see him like that, but I have seen people who have never been famous balls up their lives like that :(

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Looks about 60, terrible.
Not sure at all that he was badly advised by his agents whom I have heard did what they could to look after him, he got well paid, but think it more a case that he surrounded himself with nutters like Jimmy Five Bellies as well as being a very damaged person, alcoholics usually are.

My Gazza anecdote, true story.
He went to Kenton synagogue for the Bar Mitzvah of his agent's son.
After the service he walked out to meet a waiting mini cab.
A bunch of local kids were playing football nearby and saw him, rushed over and surrounded him, all of them asking for his autograph.
"Oh I'm not allowed to write today lads, said Gascoigne, "It's Shabbos."
And with that, he jumped into the cab and sped off!

WE8SPURS

Post by WE8SPURS »

augie wrote:The man had/has no intelligence whatsoever - that might sound harsh but his football career is littered when examples of stupidity from him but he just hadn't got the aptitude to learn from those mistakes. He lived a life of privilege earning considerably more than the average working man but yet attracts loads of sympathies when there are thousands of people across england who are in the same state and no-one to help them. That's not to say I don't feel sorry for the guy cos I do and it's heartbreaking to see him like that, but I have seen people who have never been famous balls up their lives like that :(
Very true, there are people suffering like this on a daily basis all over the world without help or indeed empathy yet all of a sudden because of who he is everyone is shocked and upset.

Truly sad though as despite his allegiance with the scum he was a footballer in the Beckham mould and the guy just wanted to play football at the highest level possible, money and fame came after with him. Sadly there are not many if any of his ilk left.

TBH with the car wreck that is his life it amazes me he is still alive, he obviously suffers with many demons and I for one would never judge a man for that. Unfortunately I don't see him ever coming out from the depths of disspair that he has so obviously sunk to :cry:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The picture of him on the front of tomorrow's Sun newspaper is absolutely frightening. Dead man walking I'm afraid.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

I genuinely haven't seen anyone look so much older than their actual age - he's completely ravaged; looks like a 65 year old heroin addict.

I honestly wouldn't recognize him, horrifying pictures; he's gone down the unfortunate route - only one way this is going to end...