Ice Bucket Challenge WALOB

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
topgoon

Ice Bucket Challenge WALOB

Post by topgoon »

Not being a killjoy because it is raising money for a good cause but I think w**ker publicity seeking nobodies are just using it FFS who cares if Maureen or Shrek's wife are getting soaked :roll:

Give money and leave it at that,it's becoming a bit silly.

So thank God for Patrick Stewart. Now this is what I call an ice bucket challenge and he probably wrote a bigger cheque than the other publicity seeking whores. Man with a bit of class.

http://www.soundonsight.org/patrick-ste ... -of-class/

Rosie_titters

Re: Ice Bucket Challenge WALOB

Post by Rosie_titters »

here, here i agree

I am just waiting for one of these to go horribly wrong, i can see some old geezer getting a ice bucket of water over his head, his body goes in to shock and keels over with a heart attack.

The sudden shock on the body can't be good

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Agreed, absolute shite. Don't actually know what charity it's trying to raise money for, just see lots of spazzers on my facebook feed getting water tipped on them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So thank God for Patrick Stewart. Now this is what I call an ice bucket challenge and he probably wrote a bigger cheque than the other publicity seeking whores. Man with a bit of class.

http://www.soundonsight.org/patrick-ste ... -of-class/

Have to Agree a Exudes Class something the yanks - who think they are the Police of the World have Not A Clue About...HOWEVER! this is a Good Un and the reaction is Genuine. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfiukaC6Mw8
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

This phenomenon falls into the "thoughts and prayers" category at times of tragedy or illness like Fabrice Muamba..people falling over themselves to be SEEN to support this good cause. The " I have done my bit" brigade think pouring water over themselves and posting it in social media and then donating the princely sum of €2 by text is some sort of Bob Geldof saintly act.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Last night my wife nominated me to do the ice bucket challenge, tell me if i am wrong. But she told me that i had to be holding on to a toaster when i did it :? :D :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Chris Hemsworth told everyone he was doing it to raise awareness for ASL. Needles to say I won't be doing one.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Rosie_titters wrote:here, here i agree

I am just waiting for one of these to go horribly wrong, i can see some old geezer getting a ice bucket of water over his head, his body goes in to shock and keels over with a heart attack.

It already has.

Man killed in Germany, was with friends, they filled a mechanical digger bucket/scoop with ice and sat underneath waiting for it to pour the ice on them, but they overloaded it and the whole digger fell over on them and crushed one to death.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/richardhjames/m ... ng#13e86fb

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:This phenomenon falls into the "thoughts and prayers" category at times of tragedy or illness like Fabrice Muamba..people falling over themselves to be SEEN to support this good cause. The " I have done my bit" brigade think pouring water over themselves and posting it in social media and then donating the princely sum of €2 by text is some sort of Bob Geldof saintly act.
This ^. Just give the money quietly and fuck off. All these FacePuke attention-seeking arseholes give me the fucking shits. It's less about charity and a whole fuckload more about "Look at me!! Look at me!!!" :roll:

In Oireland we are particularly plagued by these attention seeking arseholes (Geldof's fucking fault! :roll: ). But they are very selective in who they deem worthy of their "help". You get so many of these fuckwits protesting in mass "die-ins" in a nice shopping centre to "help" the Palestinians, but none of them seem to want to help the thousands of homeless and drug addicted on our streets... :roll: :|

Someone sent around a good rebuff to this ice bucket shit - was a jpeg of a very sick African child sipping a drop of water from a small dirty plastic cap with the word "Africa" and below that a jpeg of about 20 fat wealthy westerners drenching themselves with buckets of water and the word "America".

Has Chris "Look at me, Daddy! Do you love me now, Daddy?!!" Kamara done his yet? :rubchin: :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:here, here i agree

It already has.

Man killed in Germany, was with friends, they filled a mechanical digger bucket/scoop with ice and sat underneath waiting for it to pour the ice on them, but they overloaded it and the whole digger fell over on them and crushed one to death.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/richardhjames/m ... ng#13e86fb
Interesting to see Darwin's law is still bang on. :shock:

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is a golden opportunity for all those wannabe celeb's to get their ugly mugs in the media....There should be a russian roulette version - where it might be ice Cold Water or it just might be Hydrochloric Acid. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:This is a golden opportunity for all those wannabe celeb's to get their ugly mugs in the media....There should be a russian roulette version - where it might be ice Cold Water or it just might be Hydrochloric Acid. :lol:
I nominate Jordan, Kerry Katona and Chris "Look at me, Daddy!!" Look at AAARRRGGHH!!" Kamara. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Obviously MeltFaceButtHead has already taken this particular challenge - and he got the H.Acid! :lol:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

WALOB indeed. Bunch of no-marks jumping on the awful selfie craze while they wait for the next bandwagon to roll by.

I tell you what I would pay to see: the hammer bucket challenge. Let's see how many of these arse-diggers would queue up for that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Lat's see how dedicated these no-mark attention seeking arseholes are and start the bucket of someone else's piss challenge. 8)

Number 5 and arseofacrow are both not allowed do it though - they'd get the horn and blow their muck instantly. :lol: :wink: