Ryder Cup

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
northbank123

Re: Ryder Cup

Post by northbank123 »

gp543 wrote:Well done Europe. Our captain's picks really let us down.
It was a good final day, at one point USA looked like they were giving it a go so it wasn't a boring walkover but when Spieth and Mahan both threw away 4 holes in a row it understandably sucked all the life out of America. I think Reed's celebration on the 7th was certainly poor etiquette in golf but I like a character and somebody from the gallery took a cheap shot at him on the first tee so understandable. He's really no worse than Poulter in terms of over-the-top celebrations.

In the last 5 and a half months Wales have (single-handedly) won the Copa del Rey, FA Cup, Champions League and now the Ryder Cup. And we thrashed Andorra 2-1.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

northbank123 wrote:
It was a good final day, at one point USA looked like they were giving it a go so it wasn't a boring walkover but when Spieth and Mahan both threw away 4 holes in a row it understandably sucked all the life out of America. I think Reed's celebration on the 7th was certainly poor etiquette in golf but I like a character and somebody from the gallery took a cheap shot at him on the first tee so understandable. He's really no worse than Poulter in terms of over-the-top celebrations.

In the last 5 and a half months Wales have (single-handedly) won the Copa del Rey, FA Cup, Champions League and now the Ryder Cup. And we thrashed Andorra 2-1.

Don't forget the PL as well, Derek BOYOata, played his part in City winning the league :D

gp543

Post by gp543 »

northbank123 wrote:

I like someone that can give it back to the fans. Didn't see the incident at the 1st as it was still early morning here then.

Roll on 2016. I hope Mahan, Simpson and Furyk aren't on the team then.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:

In the last 5 and a half months Wales have (single-handedly) won the Copa del Rey, FA Cup, Champions League and now the Ryder Cup. And we thrashed Andorra 2-1 and molested approximately 20 million sheep too.
:rubchin:

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
officepest wrote:Will they play it in a lightning storm? I do hope so.

:suicide:
8) 8) 8)

Also, am I the only one that is sick of the way the media are trying to take these boring middle class geek hobbyists (golf ain't a sport!! :x ) and give them "personality"? The photoshoots, the ludicrous 1970's pimp clothes, the fucking achingly cringeworthy little dance routines, the including of their (surprisingly mostly rough as guts) "wags" in everything... :roll: :oops: :roll:
N DB10 you are not , but the bandwagon Oireland was searching for was found. WE are playing USA.. 44% of Scotland didn't want to be in the UK and yet people are using the term "we" in relation to Europe. :? :?
:lol:

Yes indeedy! Every second fucker in my office is now a golf and Ryder cup expert. :roll: :oops: Their expertise basically boiling down to repeating what they heard on SlySports, and without having a scooby what any of it means! :roll: :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

golf is a fine sport, as is gods own game cricket. those who are shite at them claim the sports i shite i reckon!

all that said the ryder cup is becoming a yawn fest.

its such a procession these days for europe thats its a bit pointless.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:golf is a fine sport, as is gods own game cricket. those who are shite at them claim the sports i shite i reckon!

Golf is not a sport. It is a hobby. :wink:
A hobby I enjoy playing but not watching. And yes I am appallingly shite at golf. :x

Played alot of cricket as a kid in Australia and like watching the Ashes, but sorry I cannot keep my eyes open anytime I try to watch your incredibly boring Ingerlish County Cricket. :yawn:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:golf is a fine sport, as is gods own game cricket. those who are shite at them claim the sports i shite i reckon!

A hobby I enjoy playing but not watching. And yes I am appallingly shite at golf. :x

Played alot of cricket as a kid in Australia and like watching the Ashes, but sorry I cannot keep my eyes open anytime I try to watch your incredibly boring Ingerlish County Cricket. :yawn:
I don't understand how golf isn't a sport. Sure it is not as demanding as football or rugby, but it requires and immense amount of skill, training and strength (both physical and mental) to be professional at.

I would classify fishing or hunting as hobbies. Not golf.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gp543 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I don't understand how golf isn't a sport. Sure it is not as demanding as football or rugby, but it requires and immense amount of skill, training and strength (both physical and mental) to be professional at.

I would classify fishing or hunting as hobbies. Not golf.
Well, I was being kind of tongue in cheek tbh :wink: but I actually don't think I'd class golf as a proper sport. Agreed it does require "immense amount of skill, training and strength (both physical and mental)" but so does hunting and target shooting at competition level. But I'd never call them sports. Just me (and yes it could be because I'm bitter that I can't get properly fucking good at golf!) but golf is a hobby. A professional hobby but still a hobby. :wink:

Fishing is for fat bastards and spiritually dead people. :x

augie

Post by augie »

The ryder cup is brilliant to watch and I am no golf fan 8) I love the them against us/team ethos mentality and the way some players struggle to adapt to being part of a team no matter how good of a golfer they are (step forward mr tiger woods :lol: ). I love the fact that a far from top quality golfer like poulter, can become an absolute beast every time the ryder cup comes around :barscarf: I love the way the fans play such a big part - in ordinary golf the fans clap politely and are very respectful, but in the ryder cup fans are far more involved and boisterous and it creates a whole different atmosphere