Anyone had a hernia op?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Theoperator

Anyone had a hernia op?

Post by Theoperator »

Having mine on Monday, well upset, especially as a guy up the road had one recently and lost his bollock as well :shock: :shock:

Surgeons told me that wont happen to me, she is confident of that. Opted for a General anaesthetic, and not a keyhole job as sometimes the wrong hole is filled with that sort of op apparrently :oops:

Only good news is 4 weeks off work after, and the misses reckons to get some action in pre op :lol:

northbank123

Re: Anyone had a hernia op?

Post by northbank123 »

My uncle had one last year. Quite a nasty hernia - inguinal I think if that makes sense. The op was absolutely fine and after those 4 weeks he was back in work no problem (and he does a physically tough job and isn't exactly a spring chicken).

Sure you'll be fine mate

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin: TheOperator undergoes an Operation - Irony or what!?

Seriously though mate - Hope all goes well and you come out of it with both plums intact. :wink:

Enjoy the 4 weeks of chilling and watching the Arsenal! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: Here's a little something to cheer you up! :wink:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Had a hernia op a few years back.

Simple operation. Day surgery. Nothing to worry about. You'll be a bit sore for a few days.

You will be given pain killers to take home with you. Make sure you start taking them BEFORE the pain kicks in. I thought I was a bit of a roughy toughy geezer who could do without pain killers. Der! Silly bastard is what I was. :oops:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Good luck with the op, I suspect I have a hernia myself given my bollock has been aching for about 6 months on and off 8)

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Thanks guys, Op went well, in at 8.30 and home at one :shock: :barscarf:

Plums still there, never knew there were so many shades of black ond blue though :shock: :shock:

All the anti NHS stuff you hear wasnt true for me, but then it was a community style hospital, ace care cannot fault it from the time I arrived till I left. :barscarf:
skizz_b wrote:Good luck with the op, I suspect I have a hernia myself given my bollock has been aching for about 6 months on and off 8)
Thanks mate

:rubchin: You may have to ask Rodders for advice there, his have been aching since puberty despite frequent emptying I understand :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Theoperator wrote:Having mine on Monday, well upset, especially as a guy up the road had one recently and lost his bollock as well :shock: :shock:

Surgeons told me that wont happen to me, she is confident of that. Opted for a General anaesthetic, and not a keyhole job as sometimes the wrong hole is filled with that sort of op apparrently :oops:

Only good news is 4 weeks off work after, and the misses reckons to get some action in pre op :lol:

She? :shock: you let a woman loose on your plums :shock: wonder what she did to you while you were under :wink:

Glad it went well mate

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Never had a hernia op. Had an op to reduce my penis size though. Had to do it or I'd have broken so many vaginas it would have been a clam calamity. 8)

Our runaway mod the brazilianDWARFGOONER had a similar, but more severe, op. He had his penis removed and a vagina installed. The mutant. :roll:

:-P :wink:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

flash gunner wrote:
Theoperator wrote:Having mine on Monday, well upset, especially as a guy up the road had one recently and lost his bollock as well :shock: :shock:

She? :shock: you let a woman loose on your plums :shock: wonder what she did to you while you were under :wink:

Glad it went well mate
Chose a woman so the sewing would bve neater mate, must say though I do wonder what went on as the bruising is in now well into my plums :oops: :oops:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I've been very lucky, Other than having my tonsils out when I was a kid, I've never as much as broken a bone or had a single stitch.
Although I did nearly die when I was prescribed penicillin when I was about 3 years old and had a severe allergic reaction.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Nearly dying when you were three is hardly what I'd call lucky Sid :? :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

How did the op go? My dad is having a hernia op next week. A bit concerned as he's pushing 70. A guy at work had a hernia op at work and they proper fucked him up.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Went fine mate, fully back to normal, bit sore occasionally.

Im sure he will be fine, he may well have a local, which apparently is fine and probably safer, though the chance of things going wrong are small.

Hope all goes well, but so long as he is fit his age shouldnt be a worry. Guy up the road is fine after his, and he is 91 :shock:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Theoperator wrote:Went fine mate, fully back to normal, bit sore occasionally.

Im sure he will be fine, he may well have a local, which apparently is fine and probably safer, though the chance of things going wrong are small.

Hope all goes well, but so long as he is fit his age shouldnt be a worry. Guy up the road is fine after his, and he is 91 :shock:
Thanks for responding. It has eased my concern as your experience is so recent. Sounds like from the pre-op he will be having a local. Good to hear it went well for you and here's to your future good health.