Mayweather v Pacman

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Goose

Mayweather v Pacman

Post by Goose »

I know this fight should have happened years ago but I am over the moon this has finally been made! :box:

My flight and hotel were booked in january in the hope that this fight would happen so finally a gamble i have has come off.

Head says Mayweather but heart says Pacquiao.

Anyone else on here going??

northbank123

Re: Mayweather v Pacman

Post by northbank123 »

Great gamble.

Not exciting for me.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I won't be going, unless someone is prepared to give me £20k.

Both past it and ridiculous amount of money, but it all seems on Mayweather terms. So he will win on points.

The hype and build up will be more exciting than the fight, think it will be a cautious dull affair

i'd rather watch Grudge Match with Stallone and De Niro :D

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

5 or 6 years ago this would have been a proper Fight of the Century II. Now, it is two faded greats cashing in for one last mega pay-day.

I hope to Christ Pac mullers Floyd, I really do. He won't though; it'll go the distance and no matter what, the judges will give it to Floyd. Pac will have to knock him out twice to get the result.

BTW; did anyone see Golovkin beat Murray over the weekend? If there is a more complete, not to mention devastating, fighter in any weight division I'd like to see him. Awesome middleweight who would be a great in any era, but I feel he should move to super middle to really prove it.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I think Mayweather wins on points by three rounds.

Unable to afford to fly to Vegas.

Six years ago was their primes, both have now lost speed and sharpness but Mayweather is still very good.

I do not think this is a significant or anticipated as the Ali vs Frazier 1971 "Fight of the Century" or the Foreman vs Ali "Rumble In the Jungle" but is one of the few contemporary fights where both boxers have a fame that transcends Boxing.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Goose wrote:I know this fight should have happened years ago but I am over the moon this has finally been made! :box:

My flight and hotel were booked in january in the hope that this fight would happen so finally a gamble i have has come off.

lucky fucker!

would love to just be in LV for this! was in mgm up to the day before the pacquiao/marquez fight in late 2012, even the build up week was amazing, wish could have been there for the fight.

how did you know when to book?
wat hotel?
how much it all set you back?
are you even going to try and get a ticket somehow? (if you have spare few k!)

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

QuartzGooner wrote:I think Mayweather wins on points by three rounds.

Unable to afford to fly to Vegas.

Six years ago was their primes, both have now lost speed and sharpness but Mayweather is still very good.

I do not think this is a significant or anticipated as the Ali vs Frazier 1971 "Fight of the Century" or the "Foreman vs Ali "Rumble In the Jungle" but is one of the few contemporary fights where both boxers have a fame that transcends Boxing.
think it will be more open perhaps. neither has anything to lose now they are at the end, but then again maybe they will box within themselves as neither wants to go out on a beating.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
neither has anything to lose now they are at the end,
Reckon in Floyd's mind he would dread losing his unbeaten record.

I think he is the best boxer we have seen since Sugar Ray Leonard.
I like him.

Yeah he is flash and brash and has a huge ego when it comes to clashing with his sports and business competitors, and has his swagga in front of the camera.
But honestly, and without contradiction, he comes across as someone who would be very down to earth to the man in the street, like if one were to meet him he'd happily chat.
He paid for Genaro Hernadez's funeral, and he is a generous tipper.

I do not regard him like some footballers who appear as if trying to compensate for poor form by being a legend on Twitter; he has fulfilled his potential as a boxer, he is always well conditioned, and is highly skilled.
He will be in the Hall of Fame.

Pacquiao has a good side too, gives away huge amounts of money to charity.
He has had his wild years though, and I think he lost a bit of brio to past excess.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Didn't Mayweather slap his girlfriend around though?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:Didn't Mayweather slap his girlfriend around though?
If by "slap" you mean battered senseless then yes, he did. Repeatedly so.

Served time for it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Would love to see Pacman destroy mayweathercunt - But don't see it happeing...Pacman is a Gooner btw.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

He was convicted of domestic assault.

How much of what he is alleged to have done he actually did, I don't know.

If he did all of what is alleged, then I would not respect him as a man.

Until I just researched it, I was aware of one conviction which at the time seemed like a bit of pushing and shoving when his girlfriend stole his phone, i a thought it appeared as if she was trying to frame him.

But there are a number of allegations from different women, and that must be considered, though they are not convictions and plenty a person has had unfounded rumours about them posted online.

Goose

Post by Goose »

the playing mantis wrote:
Goose wrote:I know this fight should have happened years ago but I am over the moon this has finally been made! :box:

lucky fucker!

would love to just be in LV for this! was in mgm up to the day before the pacquiao/marquez fight in late 2012, even the build up week was amazing, wish could have been there for the fight.

how did you know when to book? - i know some guys in the industry and fight was made long before announced
wat hotel? Am staying in Flamingo - wanted to go bellagio but some of my mates had a tighter budget. Ironically they have had to pull out :banghead:
how much it all set you back? £1000 for flights and hotel (once fight was announced this more than doubled). Spending money will be the killer!
are you even going to try and get a ticket somehow? (if you have spare few k!)i have a ticket for VIP viewing on CCTV and 4 hr free bar but will try and trade that in toward a fight ticket. I was going to pay $5,500 for a ticket a week ago but my mate is stalling. They have dropped in price a bit now so i reckon $3,800ish for a ticket will be about right

I fly tomorrow - Cannot wait!! :box: :barscarf:

I also reckon rematch will be first weekend in Decmeber if this fight is either competitive, controversial or even a draw :shock:

Might have a cheeky bet on the draw as the Nevada authorities would love them to do it again!

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

any good ideas for streams for the fight?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

IMO Mayweather win by KO by 8th round I think PAC is a shot fighter