Ireland votes to legalise same-sex marriage

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
RoscommonGooner

Re: Ireland votes to legalise same-sex marriage

Post by RoscommonGooner »

I have nothing to say about my constituency. Carry on.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

RoscommonGooner wrote:I have nothing to say about my constituency. Carry on Camping.
:shock: :shock:

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
RoscommonGooner wrote:I have nothing to say about my constituency. Carry on Camping.
:shock: :shock:
:lol:
It was South Leitrims fault :shock:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

The vatican today described the Irish vote as a 'defeat for humanity'.

Nice to see the Catholic church take a considered view on things.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:The vatican today described the Irish vote as a 'defeat for humanity'.

Personally I think hiding thousands of peados world wide for decades was a bit of a defeat for humanity. :x

I'm a Roman Catholic. I don't really do the whole mass thing (apart from christening, first communions, confirmations, weddings and funerals) and would be termed "lapsed" by the church. I believe in the basic religious beliefs of the RC church I suppose, but as an organisation they are an absolute disgrace; corruption and discrimination are their MO. The RC church needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Get rid of the palaces and the non-marrying weirdo peado priests and let normal people preach in small churches without all the bling. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:The vatican today described the Irish vote as a 'defeat for humanity'.

Personally I think hiding thousands of peados world wide for decades was a bit of a defeat for humanity. :x

I'm a Roman Catholic. I don't really do the whole mass thing (apart from christening, first communions, confirmations, weddings and funerals) and would be termed "lapsed" by the church. I believe in the basic religious beliefs of the RC church I suppose, but as an organisation they are an absolute disgrace; corruption and discrimination are their MO. The RC church needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Get rid of the palaces and the non-marrying weirdo peado priests and let normal people preach in small churches without all the bling. 8)
I thought I'd accidentally stumbled on another Fifa Corrutption thread then....Mind you there are great similarities between them

The Pope and Blatter get paid millions for doing fuckall except showing up to arena's to wave at people and smile at the camera's.....both have heavy duty security......also their strongholds are in Africa and the South America's - where whatever they say and do - even though both are well known globally to be Utterly Corrupt - is greeted with great support and enthusiasm.

Both are in unassailable positions where their decisions are never questioned and they work behind closed doors - in secret conclaves - and do not have to answer to anybod - their immediate circles are utterly loyal and both have vast wealth...and vast swathes of land over which they hold dominion.

Francis Jorge Mario Bergoglio President of Fifa! ?
and
Pope Blatter???

:rubchin: :rubchin:

Hmmm does have a certain dexterity to the terms.... :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Now the gays can be as unhappy as the rest of us :roll: :suicide:

:wink:

Bet they'll be voting to have it illegalised in 10 years time

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

REB wrote:augie

the vote had nothing to do with children or if they could be adopted with a same sex couple , shame on the no side for trying to fill peoples fear with there shit and even worse for people falling for it , i voted yes and was proud to do so .

Looks like somebody's just bought a new male goat :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SPUDMASHER wrote:

the vote had nothing to do with children or if they could be adopted with a same sex couple , shame on the no side for trying to fill peoples fear with there shit and even worse for people falling for it , i voted yes and was proud to do so .

Looks like somebody's just bought a new blow up male goat :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:

Looks like somebody's just bought a new male goat :lol: :lol:

The culchies do LOVE the goats. :D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Agreed. I have to be honest and say I personally find male homosexuality quite repugnant (sorry armchair and OneBard! :wink: ) but who am I to dictate how other people live their lives? Discrimination is wrong. This referendum was about taking a step towards equal rights for all citizens. Live and let live. I voted yes.

The "No" vote told so many half truths and lies it was disgraceful. Had a mad old dear yelling outside our local polling station that a child needs a "mammy and a daddy" to be raised right and that a yes vote would give paedophiles easy access to children. Fucking mental old bitch. Plenty of absolute scumbags have been raised by a "mammy and a daddy" and plenty of fathers and mothers have molested their own children. :roll:

By voting yes people were saying that gay couples have the same rights as "straight" couples and that includes (amongst many other things) the right to adopt kids - up to this month gay couples wouldn't have had a snowballs chance in hell of adopting a child as the adoption agencies would have always found some "official reason" to reject their application even though it would probably have been largely decided because of their sexuality. Now that this law has come in, any gay couple that applies to adopt will probably be successful because otherwise they will claim discrimination and the law will support them whether their claims are justified or not :roll:

You are right of course though because the vote wasn't about whether gays could adopt or not, but whether you like it or not, the right to adopt has come as an added bonus :( Yes the "Vote No" campaign was wrong to make the referendum about kids, but equally it is shameful that the "Yes" campaigners are refusing to acknowledge the full repercussions of their vote - I suspect that if the referendum motions were more narrowly worded and specifically ruled out the right of gay couples to adopt, then I don't think even 1% of the country would have voted no but it seems that it was an all or nothing voting decision

Anyway lads seeing as ye both voted yes (as is your right), can ye tell me if (a) you agree that the new law will now allow gay couples to adopt and (b) if you support that right ? I'm not political and I too am very much a lapsed catholic (fcukers changed the words of the prayers somewhere along the line and I hadn't a Scooby doo what was going on :lol: ), so I will not be influenced by religion or politics when it comes to any vote, so the type of campaign either side ran had zero effect on me either way

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:

For anyone undecided about how they feel about the Pope and the Catholic church, I thoroughly recommend three minutes of magic; the Pope Song, by Tim Minchin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtgmKRp5Nlg

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Must have missed this thread.

So, are DB and Augie now hitched :rubchin: :wink: :lol:

And will they be adopting children :shock: :lol:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Of course now that gays can marry they'll move on to whatever else takes they're fancy on the aul "thats discrimination" lark

my cash is on giving blood.....its not fair that gays cant give blood based on their sexuality....stoopid straight people not wanting to up their risk of infection...dont they realise just how prissy and demanding the gays are....by god we'll infect them all in the name of equality!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Must have missed this thread.

So, are DB and Augie now hitched :rubchin: :wink: :lol:

And will they be adopting children :shock: :lol:
Wow. Even just a mention of possible gayness and Lefty jumps in, tiny cock held between thumb and forefinger, grinning ear to ear, ready to lube up.

:gayflag: :roll: :oops:

:lol: :wink: :wink: